Desire HD or Dell Streak

hbaruas

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am looking for my first Android phone in the 25-30k range.
I have shortlisted the Desire HD and the Dell Streak but I am not able to decide which one to go for.
Looking out for expert opinions, more so from the ones who have used any of these 2 mobiles...

Camera is not much of a concern, as I use a DSLR for clicking images.
Video recording is also not much important for me.

Do let me know your inputs/experiences with the following:

Heard a lot about DHD battery issues? How has your experience been?
Issues faced with DHD battery covers? .. Streak LCD screen under the Gorilla glass?
Syncing with outlook for my corporate mails is of utmost importance.
Will the Streak be getting Gingerbread?
How much memory space is available on DHD for the apps (out of the 768 MB RAM).
How much memory is available on the Streak for apps installation.
Is the Otterbox impact case for these phones available somewhere in Delhi?

Thanks
hBaruaS

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ditch both and try Dell Venue. Venue is much better that both these two. Do note that D:HD has poor display and pathetic battery life.

OP
H

hbaruas

I am aware of battery issues and comparatively bad display of DHD
But whats the problem with Dell Streak ?
My heart wants to go for the Streak... its size being the pros and cons both.

Nexus S is from Samsung right .. How much is it available for?
Is it listed on Flipkart ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I don't think Nexus S will be available in India anytime soon. I am also awaiting its launch. None other than Nexus S for me :)

pauldmps

Banned
*shopping.indiatimes.com/Mobile-Accessories/Samsung-Google-Nexus-S/ctl/20375871/pid/4492872

Imported (probably). Costs about 38k.

Soumik

Padawan
If u can afford it, take dell streak.. i loved the demo of the device too. :) cant say abt battery life, but 5" screen estate is really something... :)
Else u can pre-order SE Arc. I think it would pretty damn gorgeous too ;)

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Want more ram??? wait for SGS II release in 2 months.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
5", though will be good initially, you will get irritated on day-to-day use. that is why a 4.1" Venue would be a better pick. Do not forget the 220gms weight of Streak. If you want a great phone, stick to something inside 4" display. If you want a tablet, get something atleast 7". Don't mix both.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
If u can afford it, take dell streak.. i loved the demo of the device too. :) cant say abt battery life, but 5" screen estate is really something... :)

5" screen size..then carry a separate briefcase for the phone...

4" is more than enuf...:grin:

aroraanant

Explorer
The HTC has launched its Incredible S in India...So go for that...Or desire HD is good as Dell streak has some problems and also you wont be able to carry it in your jeans/trousers

OP
H

hbaruas

I am aware of the Incredible S coming up.
And from what I have read on the internet,
HTC said that .. Incredible S is their offering between the Desire and Desire HD lines ...

But I think that Incredible S is better than DHD .. Is HTC talking only in terms of size ? or is really Desire<Incredible S<Desire HD :?:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ Incredible S is better in battery mAh count than DHD, otherwise spec-list is almost identical :)

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC is company on which u can rely upon...The products of HTC are undoubtedly awesome..And cost of SE handsets keeps on going day by day...so one must opt for HTC...
I m not saying that SE is bad but HTC is better thats my personal opinion :)

Top Bottom