Demonoid banned in DataOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
I haven't been able to access demonoid for the past month. There is a thread going on in the DataOne community of Orkut that they have banned BSNL ip ranges due to poor upload. Is this true and how can we get over the problem?

P.S. I am a noob aka newbie regarding proxy servers.

Link: *www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=10452351&tid=2532171993142762127&start=1

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
As far as I can remember, Torrent Leech, Bit Soup (for some time) , Bitme.org banned Data one IPs.

Even I think what they did was right. There's no way that you can upload and keep up ratio when the download speed is 5-6 times faster than the upload speed (I didn't get more than 7 KBps upload with my 256k line).

lovesujoy

Right off the assembly line
@digitized

yes and then just concentrate on upload shall we................

i mean just configure your proxy servers........i came to know that it can be done.....although i'm still not sure of the method.........i am still searching...........there is always a way out

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^You will not say that when you have legal proceedings going on against them for erroneous billing related issues. BSNL $ucks!:D

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Simple, get rid of Dataone and get Airtel/Tata Indicom/Alliance broadband. BSNL is cr@p, dataone is cr@p!

^^^ that isnt a sol to his query frst f all....scndly i suppose u'v nevr used dataone hence happy wid airtel BB..wat airtel UL cnnctn offers here in chd is 4-15 KBps(MAX) and bsnl starts at 42KBps and users like me njoy 230KBps+ in NUL period..nd yes i download 4GB+ data daily on dataone...not a joke aftrall..BSNL does rock..

@Soumya
Search for threads before posting !
yes demonoid has been blocked. use *www.vtunnel.com/

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
akshaykapoor_3 said:
^^^ that isnt a sol to his query frst f all....scndly i suppose u'v nevr used dataone hence happy wid airtel BB..wat airtel UL cnnctn offers here in chd is 4-15 KBps(MAX) and bsnl starts at 42KBps and users like me njoy 230KBps+ in NUL period..nd yes i download 4GB+ data daily on dataone...not a joke aftrall..BSNL does rock..

@Soumya
Search for threads before posting !
yes demonoid has been blocked. use *www.vtunnel.com/

I was a dataone user from december 2005 to december 2006. :rolleyes:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
digitized said:
I was a dataone user from december 2005 to december 2006. :rolleyes:

I am using dataone 500 2mbps plan frm dec 2006.n i hav to say BSNL just rokz.It rarely goes down below 1mbps.
May be ur line hav noise

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well abhijit I know what you are going through..........has there been any progress. As for speed I also get around 170-200kbps (download), so for some dataone is fine and others do have bitter experience. I have been dataone subscriber since its launch.

@soumya
You could use proxy to access demonoid.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
john_the_ultimate said:
Well abhijit I know what you are going through..........has there been any progress. As for speed I also get around 170-200kbps (download), so for some dataone is fine and others do have bitter experience. I have been dataone subscriber since its launch.

@soumya
You could use proxy to access demonoid.

John: good to see you back! Are you back to Kolkata?

Being a dataone user since it's launch entitled you to unlimited usage for the first six months, right?

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@Soumya.......if u can, use the greedytorrent softy with watever torrent client ur using, it helps a LOT in maintaining ur ratio

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Hey I didn't know such a software exist. Thanks for the tip.
Just downloaded this greedy app. Will let everyone know after I try it.

Edit: Amazing it works....... Wow what a nice piece of software....
Now I gonna enjoy torrents....

Last edited:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Dude I have tried it but I always seed as much as I can but sometimes when there are only seeds I cant do anything.At that time greedytorrent helps

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
gauravakaasid said:
@Soumya.......if u can, use the greedytorrent softy with watever torrent client ur using, it helps a LOT in maintaining ur ratio

thx yaar....such a software is a blessing for leechers like me!! :)

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^it helps me a lot man.....for a certified leecher like me:D

can u make it on the 20th? yea, i know u got sems from 6th, but do try

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
digitized said:
John: good to see you back! Are you back to Kolkata?

Being a dataone user since it's launch entitled you to unlimited usage for the first six months, right?

Ya me did come back to the city but will be leaving on the 17th night. And yes did had that unlimited usage for the first six months. But what about your fight with BSNL? And did you get that digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom