DELL XPS 15 L502X vs HP DV6-6121TX !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Master troll
hmmmm my 1st year of btech is over..
jst need it for 3 yrs..

vl take care of it like my baby..:razz:
Don`t you engineer guys need laptops for studies also?(I am a medico and even we do need computers all the time these days)
If you need to lug it around the campus and classes,forget xps or dv6 for that matter,
Buy a light 13-14 incher,and restrict your gaming to desktops:razz:
I am sure someday you will bless me for this li`l piece of advice.

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
Sorry to say it,but nothing like that exists!There are bound to be trouble with gaming laptops.
The max you can do is,buy a laptop which gives you complete cover for at least 3 years.
After one and half year it may not be possible to play all the latest games in their full glory,but still you will have a stable machine which can get all the basics done for you.
I myself have quit gaming in laptops 1.5 years ago(burnt a lot of money over a crappy dv6 and even a crappier cooler)
Oh,and the" problem solved "thing with a bios update from HP is going on for a very long time now(dv6000 or so)every time HP release a new gen of dv6 and problems start to surface,they make up some temporary solutions with bios/driver update.Agreed it has happened even to Apple or Dell also but with HP these are very frequent and mostly temporary fix(probably this is why they are so reluctant to extend warranty for the dv6 series,I am not fully aware of the latest situation in 2011 though,at least till April there was no direct warranty extension from HP for the dv6s)

horrible

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
Don`t you engineer guys need laptops for studies also?(I am a medico and even we do need computers all the time these days)
If you need to lug it around the campus and classes,forget xps or dv6 for that matter,
Buy a light 13-14 incher,and restrict your gaming to desktops:razz:
I am sure someday you will bless me for this li`l piece of advice.

hmmmm thats a good idea..
i was also making a pc config..

bt that wont b safe in the hostel as i think.. :-|

bcoz most of the time m at home..

like now:razz:

can anybody tell me hw to put a pic here:p lol

If you want a really reliable laptop, then get a Thinkpad. I got an IBM ThinkPad R60 from my college when I joined it in 2006. It had 3 years complete cover. But I never needed that. The only problem I faced was the left hinge which broke when it fell down a full flight of stairs. That too got replaced in 5 days. Never ever it gave me a hardware problem. And trust me, even the battery was giving me around 30 mins of backup when I sold it last month. A full 5 years with heavy use, it served me on countless hours of CS and DoTA, and terabytes of download. I could go on and on about the legend it has become. :)

hmmmm thinkpad is very stable one.....
our college has given that only bt i dint take that..

bcoz its an i5 with no gfx..@40k..for one time payment and 6k for installment per sem==48k:p

also it luks not so good,,.... its bcox they r made so strong

u wont believe it plays crysis 2 with out any lag..
i dnt dnt how :)

aniket.cain

Padawan

bcoz its an i5 with no gfx..@40k..for one time payment and 6k for installment per sem==48k:p

Man, you gave up on a steal of a deal.

red dragon

Master troll
Assembled thinkpad!!WTF!!!
Here it is,pretty mich available in all reputable computer stores
Lenovo - Laptop computers - ThinkPad - T Series - India(IN)
You probably have no idea how good the Thinkpads are(for me it is the only respectable windows laptop)

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
You probably have no idea how good the Thinkpads are(for me it is the only respectable windows laptop)

our was a lil diffrnt:|

aniket.cain

Padawan

I agree with you. Even though their quality has a bit degraded after takeover by Lenovo, still they are the best out there.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
hp is better deal..5000 cheaper..bt only thing i need is that after buying any dell or hp..it should not put me in any trouble like those mentioned here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/143982-problems-hp-dv6-6121-a.html
NOT HP'S FAULT.
This is a common case with ATI graphic cards. The GPU clock is underclocked for day 2 day usage and only bumped up when you need it(gaming).
This happens on Desktop cards too. Try googling for it.

Oh,and the" problem solved "thing with a bios update from HP is going on for a very long time now(dv6000 or so)every time HP release a new gen of dv6 and problems start to surface,they make up some temporary solutions with bios/driver update.Agreed it has happened even to Apple or Dell also but with HP these are very frequent and mostly temporary fix(probably this is why they are so reluctant to extend warranty for the dv6 series,I am not fully aware of the latest situation in 2011 though,at least till April there was no direct warranty extension from HP for the dv6s)

This problem you mentioned (Dynamic switching on a muxless connection to display) was also present in Dells. It wasn't Dell's fault. It was Nvidia's.
They were using users as a test base. And they took 1 year to fix those problems.

In HP's case too, its not HP's problem. Its ATI's. All laptops with switchable ATI graphics had this problem(Incl Lenovo, Sony and MSI). They fixed it in 6 months.
Its perfectly fine now. And Its not a temporary solution.
Ask Aniket. His HP is working perfectly now.

40k for an onboard? No thanks
Crysis 2 without lag? :lol:

red dragon

Master troll
^^40K is for thinkpad T410/420 is awesome deal dude!!It is not a cheap dv6 series laptop,FYI it retails for around 60k with integrated gfx and people who want to get some real work done do buy them.
For the pathetic history of dv6(from dv6000 till now the 6th gen)take help of uncle google.

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
NOT HP'S FAULT.
This is a common case with ATI graphic cards. The GPU clock is underclocked for day 2 day usage and only bumped up when you need it(gaming).
This happens on Desktop cards too. Try googling for it.

This problem you mentioned (Dynamic switching on a muxless connection to display) was also present in Dells. It wasn't Dell's fault. It was Nvidia's.
They were using users as a test base. And they took 1 year to fix those problems.

In HP's case too, its not HP's problem. Its ATI's. All laptops with switchable ATI graphics had this problem(Incl Lenovo, Sony and MSI). They fixed it in 6 months.
Its perfectly fine now. And Its not a temporary solution.
Ask Aniket. His HP is working perfectly now.

40k for an onboard? No thanks
Crysis 2 without lag? :lol:

hmmmmm not a problem then..

Man, you gave up on a steal of a deal.

can u tell me which games u hv installed?????

I agree with you. Even though their quality has a bit degraded after takeover by Lenovo, still they are the best out there.

forum.lowyat.net/topic/1923892/+588

read carefully..a good article..but big :p

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
We read that article months ago. Its outdated.
The problems have been fixed.

For the pathetic history of dv6(from dv6000 till now the 6th gen)take help of uncle google.
BSNL/MTNL are KNOWN for their shitty support. Airtel has one of the best support (IMO).

Then why do 90% of Digitians use BSNL/MTNL instead of Airtel?
It can't be VFM? Its not working for HP?

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
We read that article months ago. Its outdated.
The problems have been fixed.

BSNL/MTNL are KNOWN for their shitty support. Airtel has one of the best support (IMO).

Then why do 90% of Digitians use BSNL/MTNL instead of Airtel?
It can't be VFM? Its not working for HP?

cool..

bcoz bsnl is cheap..n speed is not so bad.

reliance 3g is also awesome..
got a download speed of 994kilobytes/sec using speedtest.net app on my fone

any one has an idea about lenovo Y570..??????
its there on their us website..no 2nd gen here on indian website bt hv seen few in shops

aniket.cain

Padawan
forum.lowyat.net/topic/1923892/+588

read carefully..a good article..but big :p

That article is old. All the problems mentioned have been fixed. They haven't even updated the first post. And on this forum, I was the first person to raise this issue. And I had posted that link a long time ago. If you go through the 6017/6121 forum, you'll know that all the issues have been fixed, and it is working properly.

OP
K

kausarayub

Broken In
That article is old. All the problems mentioned have been fixed. They haven't even updated the first post. And on this forum, I was the first person to raise this issue. And I had posted that link a long time ago. If you go through the 6017/6121 forum, you'll know that all the issues have been fixed, and it is working properly.

thanks bro..... thats really cool

i was wondering which one of the two has better wifi connectivity..

i jst know about the dell's wireless card 6030 which is bettr than the earlier ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom