Dell Studio 1535 Heat Sink and Fan Noise

lordirecto

In the zone
My Dell Studio 1535 laptop has started making noise at random times. The heat sink and fan seems to be the culprit. Also the vibration caused by the fan is very high. Is there a way to rectify this? Refering the Dell web site does not help me at all. I really doubt if Dell is manufacturing this model any more. So is there any way to get a replacement for my heat sink and fan? If not, what are the possible solutions that I have to salvage my computer? Or can I even salvage my computer?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go to Dell Service center & let them check it. i feel just cleaning the fan should solve the problem, provided nothing came too loose to be fixed again. else laptop HSF can be found. but my advice is to get the laptop checked.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
go to Dell Service center & let them check it. i feel just cleaning the fan should solve the problem, provided nothing came too loose to be fixed again. else laptop HSF can be found. but my advice is to get the laptop checked.

I have cleaned the heat sink, fan and the entire chassis. But the problem persists. The only improvement is that it takes 5 minutes for the processor to reach 80 degree C instead of 2. The Tj.Max for my processor is shown as 85 degree C in Core Temp.

problem is because of dust only..

if your laptop is under warranty fan will get replaced otherwise a arnd rs500 will be charged..

It is out of warranty. I purchased this laptop in Nov 2009. Dell customer support has not replied to my mail yet :cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom