Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

himanshubias

Broken In
well, i have no experience with the mouse, but what windows are you using??
Win8 comes with pre-installed .Net 4.5 and Win7 had no probs for me..
win 7 hp
even the win update shows the error
"windows update cannot start because service is not running. you might need to restart "

but restart dont work
i have searched hell in web but nothing working :(

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
View attachment 8779
View attachment 8780
View attachment 8781
View attachment 8782
I just got dell inspiron 15r turbo
i7 2.2 ghz - 3.2 ghz
7730m
4gb ram
1tb hdd
for 60000

The charger wire that came with dell is small.
So I am using hp wire to connect it to dell charger. Is it safe to do it ?

And how to turn of backlight of keyboard?

congrats on your purchase. why did you remove the radeon graphics and special edition labels?

if anyone is facing issues installing new amd and intel drivers like drivers automatic rollback after a while with beta drivers on windows 8 pre-installed systems, open windows updates, hide 7730m update from important updates list and check the intel driver update from optional updates list.

ratul

█████████████████
win 7 hp
even the win update shows the error
"windows update cannot start because service is not running. you might need to restart "

but restart dont work
i have searched hell in web but nothing working :(

you can try this installer:
*download.microsoft.com/download/2/..._common/netfx_ult/dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe

nandu26

In the zone
In the new inspiron 15 R series, Dell has stated the following

Tray-loading DVD+/-RW

Is this DVD drive different from others?

tkin

Back to school!!

Tray-loading DVD+/-RW

Nope, tray loading is the standard DVD loading system in almost all laptops, the other one is slot loader system which is not used in most laptops afaik.

ratul

█████████████████

Tray-loading DVD+/-RW

no, even 15r turbo is marked with the same, it's a normal ODD..

himanshubias

Broken In
error.jpg

it have both the error prob
win update and .net

and how did you put that gif image??

what all errors are you getting?? can you post some screenshots??

xeon

Broken In
congrats on your purchase. why did you remove the radeon graphics and special edition labels?

It hadn't got amd logo.
But I checked in device manager before buying it had amd 7730 and all other features

my laptop was with win7, so i had no probs with this version of win8.. :p
the guy above (jakes) says that he is not able to install the retail version on the laptop, so i don't have idea about how it'll behave in your lappy..

That's because these laptops come with OEM license not retail license, Both license have different installation keys, so retail version will not accept OEM key and vice versa.
OEM license is for a single pc you cant use that key on other pc whereas retail license can install windows on other pc and use it.

I wanted to clean install and someone in Microsoft community told me this is equivalent to clean install

How to reinstall Windows 8

:

If you would like to reinstall Windows 8, which means removing apps and personal files and settings, you can use reset and refresh. This is equivalent to a clean install.

To do it, do the following:

· Press Windows key + i on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you are using a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and swipe your finger to the left)

· Click Settings

· Click Change PC settings

· Click General in the left column

· Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started

Then follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen to reinstall Windows on your PC.

himanshubias

Broken In
try this solution: Fresh Windows 7 installation, Windows update error: 0xc8000222 - Microsoft Community

and i just attached a gif file, that's it.. :p

thanks it worked!!!!!

i too had put that gif image only but its not animating :(
and anything about .net prob

xeon

Broken In
Has anyone successfully reinstalled Windows on dell inspiron 15r which originally came with Windows 8.
if yes then which iso you used from where did you downloaded it?

hey frends , finally purchased Dell Inspiron 17R
1TB HDD
2gb Nvidia 650GT
8gb RAM
i7/3rd Gen

:))

One query is that my laptop hasn't got windows 8 dvd bundled with it ..can we ask for the same ffrom dell ??? and doesn't anyone has ny idea of gaming on this laptop..Fifa 13 wch worked on wind 7 32 bit /...isn't even executing on win8 64bit ? I click it , but nothg happens... I have tried compatyibility and all... (battlefield 3 ran fyn) ..neither does sleeping dogs work ..it gives an error ..this app cant work with this pc .. !! any help regarding this ?

nandu26

In the zone
hey frends , finally purchased Dell Inspiron 17R
1TB HDD
2gb Nvidia 650GT
8gb RAM
i7/3rd Gen

:))

One query is that my laptop hasn't got windows 8 dvd bundled with it ..can we ask for the same ffrom dell ??? and doesn't anyone has ny idea of gaming on this laptop..Fifa 13 wch worked on wind 7 32 bit /...isn't even executing on win8 64bit ? I click it , but nothg happens... I have tried compatyibility and all... (battlefield 3 ran fyn) ..neither does sleeping dogs work ..it gives an error ..this app cant work with this pc .. !! any help regarding this ?

Dell doesn't provide any DVD along with laptop. I think only HP and Toshiba provides restore DVDs.

Jakes

Broken In
My dell touch pad doesn't work while typing. Means that if you keep pressing any key on the keyboard and then use the touchpad the cursor doesn't move it doesn't respond.
I haven't downloaded any drivers.
The problem could be settings which I don't know or drivers.
Any help will be appreciated.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
My dell touch pad doesn't work while typing. Means that if you keep pressing any key on the keyboard and then use the touchpad the cursor doesn't move it doesn't respond.
I haven't downloaded any drivers.
The problem could be settings which I don't know or drivers.
Any help will be appreciated.

It happens in every laptop. Don't worry.

Jakes

Broken In
It happens in every laptop. Don't worry.

While playing games its giving problem.
I was playing medal of honor 2010
W, S, A, D keys are used for up, down, left and right. So if you want to move your player forward then you have to keep on pressing W key.
The problem is that while you are on the more (W key is pressed) you cant look here and there and even fire because you cant use the touchpad while the key is pressed. Seems like touchpad gets locked while a key is pressed except CTRL and Alt keys This didn't happen in my earlier laptop.

Edit:
Its software issue.
I removed dell touchpad software from add/remove programs in control panel and the problem is solved.
I don't know if the newly updated version of that software has that problem or not. I didn't update it.

Last edited:

xeon

Broken In
In AMD Catalyst control Center when you click on switchable graphics. Does Power saving mode means the application runs on intel HD 400 graphic card and High performance means it runs on AMD graphic card ?

Top Bottom