Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

sam142000

Journeyman
Rapid start has nothing to do with SSD, it's a fast sleep mode, it should install, weird.

Wo do need a SSD for Rapid Start to work.
Read the last few lines of the following article and probably you'll understand.
AnandTech - New Intel Marketing Terms: Smart Connect & Rapid Start Technology

Noob1

Broken In
does anyone here own the new inspiron 15r series?
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

xeon

Broken In
Hey I clean installed windows.
I havent download any drivers for Intel graphics and AMD graphics as well
This is the message I get when I try to update AMD graphics from there website
*i.imgur.com/uO9x7L5.jpg

*i.imgur.com/oRn9NVW.jpg
Version 8.982.6.0
Tried to uninstall it from the device manager but it keeps coming back installs itself

Last edited:

sam142000

Journeyman
*i.imgur.com/uO9x7L5.jpg

*i.imgur.com/oRn9NVW.jpg
Version 8.982.6.0
Tried to uninstall it from the device manager but it keeps coming back installs itself

I dont know how you are trying to download the driver. Just click on the following link and the driver installation package will download.
*www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta4.exe

xeon

Broken In
I dont know how you are trying to download the driver. Just click on the following link and the driver installation package will download.
*www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta4.exe

Isnt that beta version ?

This is how I was trying to download drivers.
AMD Driver Autodetect
also
*support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

tkin

Back to school!!
First use this tool to verify: AMD Catalyst
Then download from here: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Use desktop graphics, HD series, 7xxx and select OS, now download the latest one or the latest beta at bottom.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
*i.imgur.com/uO9x7L5.jpg

*i.imgur.com/oRn9NVW.jpg
Version 8.982.6.0

seems like automatic updates is the culprit here. go to windows update settings and hide amd radeon 7730m driver update that is listed under important update. hope it helps.

xeon

Broken In
seems like automatic updates is the culprit here. go to windows update settings and hide amd radeon 7730m driver update that is listed under important update. hope it helps.

But I had changed the windows update settings to "Never check for Updates(not recommended)". So it should not be downloading updates.

I downloaded AMD from this link
*www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe
Now the driver version is this
*i.imgur.com/MR7d73B.png
Is this the latest ?

ratul

█████████████████
But I had changed the windows update settings to "Never check for Updates(not recommended)". So it should not be downloading updates.

*i.imgur.com/MR7d73B.png
Is this the latest ?

for 13.1 catalyst, yes, it's the correct version..

powerstarprince

In the zone

*i.imgur.com/MR7d73B.png
Is this the latest ?

You are not getting it from windows update, it's the stock driver for windows 8. it installs that automatically to know what that unknown device is in ur laptop. You can simply install the new driver over it not a problem.

Windows 8 Problems -- if any one also coming across d same ?

No adhoc network creatg option available
Error in creating recovery discs for win8 backup .

Nd can nyone help me in understandg wat is limited connectivity wen we join a homegroup ??

ratul

█████████████████
Windows 8 Problems -- if any one also coming across d same ?

No adhoc network creatg option available
Error in creating recovery discs for win8 backup .

Nd can nyone help me in understandg wat is limited connectivity wen we join a homegroup ??

this might help you for ad-hoc connections: How To Create Wireless Ad Hoc Internet Connection In Windows 8
and i use acronis for recovery and backups, never use win8 backup thingy, so don't know about that.. :p
Limited connectivity usually means that you won't be having any internet connection.. :twisted:

this might help you for ad-hoc connections: How To Create Wireless Ad Hoc Internet Connection In Windows 8
and i use acronis for recovery and backups, never use win8 backup thingy, so don't know about that.. :p
Limited connectivity usually means that you won't be having any internet connection.. :twisted:

I want to have a backup of d OSystem widout any of my softwares , ie just the basic drivers req along with dells inbuilt softwares , so tat each n every time i dont have to install d whole osystem , but just recover it . I used norton ghost on my desktop , but found it cumbersome . I have heard of acronis but never used it . Does it solve the purpose i m tokg of ? Bcz imo now it will create a backup of my system with softwares nd other installed files .. No ?

Micky_G

Right off the assembly line
Please post the Hardware id of your FHD Screen......mine is SEC5448.....its video quality is very poor.

To Find The Hardware Id of Monitor : Go to Device Manager > Left Click the Monitors > Right Click the Generic PnP Monitor > Right Click the Properties > Left Click The Details Tab > Select Hardware ids from the Property Tab.

ratul

█████████████████
I want to have a backup of d OSystem widout any of my softwares , ie just the basic drivers req along with dells inbuilt softwares , so tat each n every time i dont have to install d whole osystem , but just recover it . I used norton ghost on my desktop , but found it cumbersome . I have heard of acronis but never used it . Does it solve the purpose i m tokg of ? Bcz imo now it will create a backup of my system with softwares nd other installed files .. No ?

yes, it has the option of either full backup (c: and system drive), or backing up individual files and folders, but for what you are asking, i think no software could do that, coz then, registry problems would arise...
So i would suggest you to uninstall all the software you don't need in backup (or format c: and install required drivers and dell utilities), and then take the backup of your c: and system drive, keep it somewhere safe and then install all the softwares, now you have the backup you were talking about.. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Use this to create an image and store it in a pendrive or external HDD(image of C drive, recovery and the 100MB reserved drive), you also need to create a system rescue disc(bootable) using that tool(other taks>create rescue media), now boot from that DVD and restore image to HDD: Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

anirvanmaiti

Right off the assembly line
I've just purchased 15R Turbo with 1080p screen and I'm very satisfied with the performance.

How can I turn off the backlight of the keyboard?

Top Bottom