Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Micky_G

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everybody,
Please post the Hardware id of your FHD Screen......mine is SEC5448.....its video quality is very poor.

ratul

█████████████████
thanks alot ratul!!

anytime.. :D

btw guys, dell technician came today to see the charger problem, and the problem was with the adapter only, so he replaced the brick and now everything is working fine.. :mrgreen:
i think my inverter blew something in the brick, coz light always fluctuates alot while on inverter, guess it's battery needs to be replaced.. :p

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think my inverter blew something in the brick, coz light always fluctuates alot while on inverter, guess it's battery needs to be replaced.. :p
If your inverter is a pure sine wave one, then it shouldn't be any problem; only bad luck. If square wave, then don't use your charger when the inverter is working.

ratul

█████████████████
If your inverter is a pure sine wave one, then it shouldn't be any problem; only bad luck. If square wave, then don't use your charger when the inverter is working.

well i think it should be sine wave (i am not sure, coz it's a 9yr. old Microtek 750VA), but from now, no charging on inverter power.. :p

himanshubias

Broken In
hey guys should i buy razer deathadder or steelseries kinzu
kinzu will neraly saves me rs. 1000 with mousepad
and .net 4.5 not installing on my system????

ratul

█████████████████
hey guys should i buy razer deathadder or steelseries kinzu
kinzu will neraly saves me rs. 1000 with mousepad
and .net 4.5 not installing on my system????

well, i have no experience with the mouse, but what windows are you using??
Win8 comes with pre-installed .Net 4.5 and Win7 had no probs for me..

xeon

Broken In
2013-01-23 09.02.31.jpg
2013-01-23 09.02.52.jpg
2013-01-23 09.03.13.jpg
2013-01-23 09.03.24.jpg
I just got dell inspiron 15r turbo
i7 2.2 ghz - 3.2 ghz
7730m
4gb ram
1tb hdd
for 60000

The charger wire that came with dell is small.
So I am using hp wire to connect it to dell charger. Is it safe to do it ?

And how to turn of backlight of keyboard?

Last edited:

Jakes

Broken In
this product key cannot be used to install a retail version of windows 8
When I try to fresh install windows 8 using windows 8 upgrade assistant it says -- this product key cannot be used to install a retail version of windows 8
I used a software to know my product key

I tried to update windows update and its downloading updates so it means the key is genuine otherwise it would not have allowed to update windows.

Now how to I reinstall windows

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
View attachment 8779
View attachment 8780
View attachment 8781
View attachment 8782
I just got dell inspiron 15r turbo
i7 2.2 ghz - 3.2 ghz
7730m
4gb ram
1tb hdd
for 60000

The charger wire that came with dell is small.
So I am using hp wire to connect it to dell charger. Is it safe to do it ?

And how to turn of backlight of keyboard?

congrats and welcome to DELL... :doublethumb:
and it's perfectly fine to use HP's wire on dell laptop..
For backlit keyboard controls: fn+f6.
and don't forget to join us on fb, link is in my signature.. :D

tkin

Back to school!!
I really want to buy a dell laptop(14R, or 15R) but f'n dell won't ship to WB or Odisha, the only two states I have access to, this sucks, how does flipkart do it?

ratul

█████████████████
I really want to buy a dell laptop(14R, or 15R) but f'n dell won't ship to WB or Odisha, the only two states I have access to, this sucks, how does flipkart do it?

well, some user i think bought 15r turbo from dell and made it shipped to WB, i think he filled out some form for it, try to search previous posts for it..

tkin

Back to school!!
well, some user i think bought 15r turbo from dell and made it shipped to WB, i think he filled out some form for it, try to search previous posts for it..
No, he bought a NZXT gamma, Dell does not service WB, nor Odisha, sucks, even flipkart, ebay, all do it.

ratul

█████████████████
No, he bought a NZXT gamma, Dell does not service WB, nor Odisha, sucks, even flipkart, ebay, all do it.

no, btw i found the user i think, raj_55555, see these posts:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...r-17r-turbo-laptop-thread-37.html#post1702604
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/lifestyle...ing-items-into-west-bengal-2.html#post1708013

I think his laptop was shipped to WB, you can contact him for details..

xeon

Broken In
congrats and welcome to DELL... :doublethumb:
and it's perfectly fine to use HP's wire on dell laptop..
For backlit keyboard controls: fn+f6.
and don't forget to join us on fb, link is in my signature.. :D

thanks
sure I will.

Can you install windows 8 core version (which this laptop comes up with) from windows 8 pro iso ?
*thepiratebay.se/torrent/7764223/Windows_8_Pro_MSDN_[x86_and_x64]
And what is MSDN version ?

And what applications coms inbuilt in the OS. When I would re install windows 8 they would get installed automatically.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
no, btw i found the user i think, raj_55555, see these posts:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...r-17r-turbo-laptop-thread-37.html#post1702604
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/lifestyle...ing-items-into-west-bengal-2.html#post1708013

I think his laptop was shipped to WB, you can contact him for details..
PM'ed him, waiting for his reply, apparently things are a bit more difficult now, they don't service WB any more I think, neither Assam nor Odisha as well.

ratul

█████████████████
thanks
sure I will.

Can you install windows 8 core version (which this laptop comes up with) from windows 8 pro iso ?
*thepiratebay.se/torrent/7764223/Windows_8_Pro_MSDN_[x86_and_x64]
And what is MSDN version ?

And what applications coms inbuilt in the OS. When I would re install windows 8 they would get installed automatically.

my laptop was with win7, so i had no probs with this version of win8.. :p
the guy above (jakes) says that he is not able to install the retail version on the laptop, so i don't have idea about how it'll behave in your lappy..
And MSDN (Microsoft Development Network) is a paid subscription community by microsoft, whose members gets every MS released products to download with the keys..
Some of them leaks these iso's on the internet, so you get MSDN iso, which is guaranteed to be 100% genuine iso by microsoft itself, though you'll need a valid key to activate it..

PM'ed him, waiting for his reply, apparently things are a bit more difficult now, they don't service WB any more I think, neither Assam nor Odisha as well.

gr8, let's see what he says about it.. :wink:

Top Bottom