Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
thanks it worked!!!!!

i too had put that gif image only but its not animating :(
and anything about .net prob

make sure that .gif is <32kb and not greater than 120x120 resolution..
and about the .net problem, i think that link contains a solution to that too.. :oops:

and what about the gaming issues ? is there any difference between gaming titleseven..like diff for 32 bit and diff for 64 bit ??

no, i think it should work fine, every game that's working on win7 is working on win8 for me.. :D (except CS 1.6 :().
try using updated nvidia drivers..

In AMD Catalyst control Center when you click on switchable graphics. Does Power saving mode means the application runs on intel HD 400 graphic card and High performance means it runs on AMD graphic card ?

exactly... :thumbs:

Apoorv135

Right off the assembly line
Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post....

I was planning to buy Dell Inspiron 15r Turbo which has 3rd gen i5 3210 CPU and 2 GB AMD 7730m GPU.

But on many threads and Dell community I found out that 7730 does not switch while gaming... May be in some games.. Even the users installed latest intel drivers and Amd Catalyst latest version and did every possible thing to make it switch properly... Then also problem persist and Dell customer support was unable to solve this problem...

My question is... IS IT TRUE what I said above ? Does Amd 7730m correctly swtiches while gaming ? Coz I'm only buying this laptop to play games (I'm not a hardcore gamer, i just want Latest Games to run smoothly atleast in Medium or high setting if not ultra) and my budget is around 55k.... I like Dell laptops, but I am really confused after reading problems of Switching graphics..

Shall I buy it or not ?

tkin

Back to school!!
Bought this laptop and with this I join the Dell experience club: Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

I was planning to buy Dell Inspiron 15r Turbo which has 3rd gen i5 3210 CPU and 2 GB AMD 7730m GPU.

But on many threads and Dell community I found out that 7730 does not switch while gaming... May be in some games.. Even the users installed latest intel drivers and Amd Catalyst latest version and did every possible thing to make it switch properly... Then also problem persist and Dell customer support was unable to solve this problem...

My question is... IS IT TRUE what I said above ? Does Amd 7730m correctly swtiches while gaming ? Coz I'm only buying this laptop to play games (I'm not a hardcore gamer, i just want Latest Games to run smoothly atleast in Medium or high setting if not ultra) and my budget is around 55k.... I like Dell laptops, but I am really confused after reading problems of Switching graphics..

Shall I buy it or not ?

dude there is no such problem as such !!! My cousin owns the 15R SE inspiron, and it works like a charm !!! go ahead with it!! :)

@Ratul
reinstalled the games , after updating directx ..Got them working !! :))

ratul

█████████████████

Shall I buy it or not ?

there's no such problem here, even i have heard about that in alot of forums and dell support site, but i don't know what the heck those users are doing?? Everything is fine for the users in this forum..

Should you update bios on your new 15r laptop ?

to A09?? i don't think so, no improvements to be seen as for me..

Bought this laptop and with this I join the Dell experience club: Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

congrats and welcome to dell world.. :p :doublethumb:..

dude there is no such problem as such !!! My cousin owns the 15R SE inspiron, and it works like a charm !!! go ahead with it!! :)

@Ratul
reinstalled the games , after updating directx ..Got them working !! :))

gr8 to hear that.. :razz:

Apoorv135

there's no such problem here, even i have heard about that in alot of forums and dell support site, but i don't know what the heck those users are doing?? Everything is fine for the users in this forum..

Thanks guys, doubt cleared, I'll definitely go and buy it now.... :)
and I'll join the Facebook group as well after buying, thanks alot :) :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Also I love Dell support, all drivers listed, new drivers, a new BIOS released a week ago for a product which is no longer even sold(15R 5520), love dell.

sunshine123

Well I'm posting this again but if you have any doubts regarding the latest graphics drivers or linux install or switchable graphics or benchmarks for dell inspiron 15r , this site should help you Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops

xeon

Broken In
After Clean install Should I install all the drivers which are there in the CD provided by dell ie; the driver cd that came with laptop ?
And
Are intel drivers also provided on dell website or I have to download Intel drives on Intel's website ?

I clean installed windows 8 and some apps got removed. There was some intel applications named something like Intel turbo boost 2.0.............. Can anyone tell me the names of intel apps installed ?

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
After Clean install Should I install all the drivers which are there in the CD provided by dell ie; the driver cd that came with laptop ?
And
Are intel drivers also provided on dell website or I have to download Intel drives on Intel's website ?

I clean installed windows 8 and some apps got removed. There was some intel applications named something like Intel turbo boost 2.0.............. Can anyone tell me the names of intel apps installed ?

well, i'd recommend to install the drivers from the website rather than from dvd, as drivers on the website are updated..
Turboboost app is also available on website in CPU category.. Here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

Also I love Dell support, all drivers listed, new drivers, a new BIOS released a week ago for a product which is no longer even sold(15R 5520), love dell.

yeah, i too find the driver support of dell better than any other product in the market, but still some of the drivers are updated by me from the original manufacturer rather than dell drivers.. :p (i have manually installed gpu drivers, wifi, bluetooth drivers from intel, amd site.. :p)

xeon

Broken In
What speeds are you getting transferring files from Flash Drive / Pen Drive to your Hard Disk. I am getting 16 MB/s, sometimes get 20 to 24 is it slow ? I am not using any software..

Last edited:

sam142000

Journeyman
What speeds are you getting transferring files from Flash Drive / Pen Drive to your Hard Disk. I am getting 16 MB/s, sometimes get 20 to 24 is it slow ? I am not using any software..

This d normal speed while transferring from a USB 2.0 drive. You'll get better speed when you use USB 3.0 drive.

xeon

Broken In
Should I install Drivers from dells website or Intel and Amd website ?
Intel recommends to download drivers provided by computer manufacturer.
It says "The Intel® Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."
Graphics &mdash; Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected

The problem is that Should I install Drivers for AMD 7730 graphic card provided by dell or Generic Drivers from AMD website. You can only do one, If I I download from Dell website then You cant update it from AMD website.
I installed it from dell website Now amd has release Updated drivers for 7730 and I am not able to update. When I try to update from amd website it says drivers in your system not supported BECAUSE I downloaded from Dell website.
Should I remove AMD drivers downloaded from Dell website and Install the one which are there in AMD website???

tkin

Back to school!!
Should I install Drivers from dells website or Intel and Amd website ?
Intel recommends to download drivers provided by computer manufacturer.
It says "The Intel® Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."
Graphics — Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected

The problem is that Should I install Drivers for AMD 7730 graphic card provided by dell or Generic Drivers from AMD website. You can only do one, If I I download from Dell website then You cant update it from AMD website.
I installed it from dell website Now amd has release Updated drivers for 7730 and I am not able to update. When I try to update from amd websit it says drivers in your system not supported BECAUSE I downloaded from Dell website
Get every driver from dell, even the intel GPU driver, but get Catalyst from AMD site, now I wonder if this will break the switchable graphics, first thing to find out when I get my laptop.

sam142000

Journeyman
Get every driver from dell, even the intel GPU driver, but get Catalyst from AMD site, now I wonder if this will break the switchable graphics, first thing to find out when I get my laptop.

There's no problem in downloading the latest intel GPU drivers from intel's site. I have done the same, and have no problem.

xeon

Broken In
Intel rapid start technology driver in dells website not installing - The computer does not meet the minimum requirements

I don't have ssd drive. Does Intel rapid start technology driver only installs in systems with SSD ?

tkin

Back to school!!
Intel rapid start technology driver in dells website not installing - The computer does not meet the minimum requirements

I don't have ssd drive. Does Intel rapid start technology driver only installs in systems with SSD ?
Rapid start has nothing to do with SSD, it's a fast sleep mode, it should install, weird.

Top Bottom