Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dashing.sujay is right, they won't even think of that..
i would recommend then to wait for sometime, hopefully they bring back the cheap i5 model, which was approx. 65k, coz i don't think they would reduce price for this, even if you settle for intel celeron in it.. :p

Dell India is literally trying to pull off an Apple... :|

maxpayne031

Right off the assembly line
neither 640m or 7730m or even sammy's 650m are powerful enough to play MP3 or GTA4 in highest settings in FHD resolution, these are multimedia laptops dude, not gaming laptops.. :p
7730m is powerful enough to play in medium settings on FHD with AA off..
and if you can, i would suggest you to wait till diwali, as more options would be open for you by then.. :cool:

I am sorry i didn't know that.. But i cannot wait as for so many months i have been waited to buy a laptop as my desktop is obsolete now.. Its a tragedy that now dell has stoped the production of 15R SE FHD as i talked to dell's call center and they have now idea when it will be started and 17r se, 14r se, xps model are not manufactured by dell india they are imported from Malaysia. This the only reason for its high cost. And my father wont buy the fhd model whenever its availabe. Now i have to take the previous model hd one. I ment to say was games without lags in 1300* something resolution in high or highest or little lesser or higher. By from inside i think its the best laptop for me. Sammy i wil not asus either also sony products are over priced aser no chance lenovo and hp are also over priced with 630m. I dont know if i will able to wait till Diwali...

sasha007

Broken In
Hi,

I'm willing to buy a Dell Inspiron 17r Special Edition laptop from USA .
The config that I'm willing to buy is listed here :-

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

I intend to take this laptop to India and use it there .

So I want to know whether I'll get the warranty coverage for this laptop in India after tag transfer .?

For your information , the Inspiron 17r model that is available in India :-

Inspiron 17R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

has some components different .

For example :

S/No. Component

1). CPU

My Configuration from US :-
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.3 GHz)

Configuration available in India:-
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)

2). Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB (3D)

3). Display

17.3" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare

17.3" 3D Capable FHD WLED True-Life (1920x1080)

4). Optical Drive

8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

12.7" Tray Load Blu-ray (BD) Combo Drive (BD Read Only)

So since components are different , will Dell India import the appropriate parts from USA .??

Can someone please clarify how will the warranty coverage be done because I'm planning to buy Extended warranty in the US , which would only be worth it if I'm assured that i get complete warranty coverage for my laptop here in India .

ratul

█████████████████
I am sorry i didn't know that.. But i cannot wait as for so many months i have been waited to buy a laptop as my desktop is obsolete now.. Its a tragedy that now dell has stoped the production of 15R SE FHD as i talked to dell's call center and they have now idea when it will be started and 17r se, 14r se, xps model are not manufactured by dell india they are imported from Malaysia. This the only reason for its high cost. And my father wont buy the fhd model whenever its availabe. Now i have to take the previous model hd one. I ment to say was games without lags in 1300* something resolution in high or highest or little lesser or higher. By from inside i think its the best laptop for me. Sammy i wil not asus either also sony products are over priced aser no chance lenovo and hp are also over priced with 630m. I dont know if i will able to wait till Diwali...

aahh faq, DELL pulled out FHD 15R too, can't find on the site as well... :-x:-(
and 7730m is enough to play almost all current games in high settings in 768p, played crysis2 in ultra, GTA4 maxed out (without ICEnhancer), skyrim on high, and everything is smooth over 30fps..
the only games i think won't go above medium settings must be witcher 2, or alan wake..

maxpayne031

aahh faq, DELL pulled out FHD 15R too, can't find on the site as well... :-x:-(
and 7730m is enough to play almost all current games in high settings in 768p, played crysis2 in ultra, GTA4 maxed out (without ICEnhancer), skyrim on high, and everything is smooth over 30fps..
the only games i think won't go above medium settings must be witcher 2, or alan wake..

ok then this is my option to buy.....:-D but first I have to convince my dad..:cry: then my dream will come true to play all this.... I have one more question this is very crazy one... can I watch full hd movies in 1300* resolution..:oops:

Dell are giving me option of taking student discount of 3% or taking Bluetooth headset... which headset they are giving of which company... are they good enough.. ( I will take discount but asking for general knowledge) after discount it will be 61k....

man.. now I have to download those big big games of 26gb.. 13gb...

and at last please tell me something special about the lappy. which Dell hasn't showcased on site.... I know too many question... But I am too excited..... play games at maximum.... yeah..!!!!:-D

Anurup

Broken In
frndz..i recently purchased the dell inspiron 15r special edition ....and ran geekbench on it...i was surprised to see the scores...as it showed that the 4gb ram hav a frequency of 799mhz...instead of 1600mhz as mentioned on the dell official site...can any1 tell me why is it so?? Fellow inspiron 15r se owners...culd u guyz also check ur geekbench score and tell me is ur frequency also comes to 799mhx or not..

ratul

█████████████████
ok then this is my option to buy.....:-D but first I have to convince my dad..:cry: then my dream will come true to play all this.... I have one more question this is very crazy one... can I watch full hd movies in 1300* resolution..:oops:

Dell are giving me option of taking student discount of 3% or taking Bluetooth headset... which headset they are giving of which company... are they good enough.. ( I will take discount but asking for general knowledge) after discount it will be 61k....

man.. now I have to download those big big games of 26gb.. 13gb...

and at last please tell me something special about the lappy. which Dell hasn't showcased on site.... I know too many question... But I am too excited..... play games at maximum.... yeah..!!!!:-D

dude i can truly understand your excitement, i too was in the same situation, moving from my 8.5 yr. old desktop (ancient and obsolete), to this beast, my desktop was'nt even able to play many 2005 games too, so this was a big leap for me, just like it's for you.. :p:cool:
And yes, you can watch 1080p movies, but ofcourse the details won't be as sharp as in 1080p screen.. :p
And if you can, i would suggest you to take the bluetooth headset, they are fabulous and have awesome sound clarity, great for music and wireless gaming.. :p
you can check the reviews on flipkart for these headphones here..

yeah, these days games are big, but you seem to be a pirate :facepalm: downloading games, good for you, but don't say it in here...
and there are unlimited specialities of this lappy, awesome material and design, best of the keyboard (my hand won't get tired even after hours of typing, keyboard is too comfortable and feedback is very good), very responsive trackpad and smooth click buttons (really, i hate those hard clicking buttons on trackpad, wonder how people live with it..:chinscratch:), and many more.. :-D:wink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So since components are different , will Dell India import the appropriate parts from USA .??

Can someone please clarify how will the warranty coverage be done because I'm planning to buy Extended warranty in the US , which would only be worth it if I'm assured that i get complete warranty coverage for my laptop here in India .

Are you ordering via Dell US from India? Or buying in US and bringing back to India?

Yes, the warranty will be covered, I think you just have to register once. Contact Dell CC for details.

frndz..i recently purchased the dell inspiron 15r special edition ....and ran geekbench on it...i was surprised to see the scores...as it showed that the 4gb ram hav a frequency of 799mhz...instead of 1600mhz as mentioned on the dell official site...can any1 tell me why is it so?? Fellow inspiron 15r se owners...culd u guyz also check ur geekbench score and tell me is ur frequency also comes to 799mhx or not..

DDR = Double Data Rate => 800MHz = 800*2 = 1600 MHz :)

indranath

Broken In
This is my first post in this thread but I am a long follower of this thread. This thread had some inspiration to make my mind to buy dell 15r SE. I had placed the order of dell Inspiron 15r SE with FHD on 14th Sept and delivery date was due on 27th Sept.

Just today I came to know from my dell rep that all FHD laptops are on Engineering hold and this hold will be lifted by 3rd of October as per their marketing team. Dell rep could not give me the info what was wrong with FHD screens.

Now, because of this hold my delivery date is delayed to 10th of October and for this I would get a bluetooth headset (worth rs 2650 /-) as a compensation. Also, I have an option to cancel my order in which case I would get refund of my money in 8-10 working days.

Could you guys tell me what should I do ? Really getting confused now :-( what if the dates extends further ? Can I rely the screens which are in hold now ? Is the compensation they are giving is justified ? Pls help guys ...

maxpayne031

dude i can truly understand your excitement, i too was in the same situation, moving from my 8.5 yr. old desktop (ancient and obsolete), to this beast, my desktop was'nt even able to play many 2005 games too, so this was a big leap for me, just like it's for you.. :p:cool:
And yes, you can watch 1080p movies, but ofcourse the details won't be as sharp as in 1080p screen.. :p
And if you can, i would suggest you to take the bluetooth headset, they are fabulous and have awesome sound clarity, great for music and wireless gaming.. :p

yeah, these days games are big, but you seem to be a pirate :facepalm: downloading games, good for you, but don't say it in here...
and there are unlimited specialities of this lappy, awesome material and design, best of the keyboard (my hand won't get tired even after hours of typing, keyboard is too comfortable and feedback is very good), very responsive trackpad and smooth click buttons (really, i hate those hard clicking buttons on trackpad, wonder how people live with it..:chinscratch:), and many more.. :-D:wink:

I will take your suggestion and will wait till Diwali for more product and discounts(hope will get good discount from dell and FHD model availability also). Now I am thinking to shift back to FHD model as it will great to watch FHD movies and will play games in 1300* resolution best of both worlds... now if you have any other suggestion of laptops of another manufacturer I will look at it... and I will take those headphones as their review is great... :-o

I will take your suggestion of waiting till Diwali for more products and discounts(hope Dell gives some good amount of discount and available FHD model also) and would take FHD model(if discount are available) for better FHD movie quality and games at 1300* resolutions.. best of both worlds... and if you have any other suggestion about any other laptop I will look at it...

indranath

Broken In
I will take your suggestion of waiting till Diwali for more products and discounts(hope Dell gives some good amount of discount and available FHD model also) and would take FHD model(if discount are available) for better FHD movie quality and games at 1300* resolutions.. best of both worlds... and if you have any other suggestion about any other laptop I will look at it...

I have already ordered for 15R SE with FHD, A bit hesitant now as dell says they have a hold on FHD. Anyways, will provide my review before you buy as dell is promising me to deliver by 10th next month.

^I think its justified, and "unmatched" too. Don't doubt the screens, if they'd be bad, Dell is always there :).

Hi dashing.sujay, thanks for your reply but why do you think it is "unmatched" ?

On the other side, I was very eagerly waiting for my laptop, now got very upset thinking that I would have to wait even longer. They just added 14 days... What if if it delivery date extends again :(

Guys who already have 15rSE FHD model, could you please comment on screen quality, red or white dots in the screen or any other problems noticed so far ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi dashing.sujay, thanks for your reply but why do you think it is "unmatched" ?

On the other side, I was very eagerly waiting for my laptop, now got very upset thinking that I would have to wait even longer. They just added 14 days... What if if it delivery date extends again :(

Guys who already have 15rSE FHD model, could you please comment on screen quality, red or white dots in the screen or any other problems noticed so far ?

Because whatever you are getting, no other company provides even such service.

maxpayne031

I have already ordered for 15R SE with FHD, A bit hesitant now as dell says they have a hold on FHD. Anyways, will provide my review before you buy as dell is promising me to deliver by 10th next month.

Dude you are lucky one to have it on 10th but i have a special reason and that is i have exams next month and after that holidays now it will be better to wait and order after that and they have removed it from site and now taking order.... now I think and any company's management to launch all product and in discount on Diwali or around it... and trust me it makes sense....

indranath

Broken In
Dude you are lucky one to have it on 10th but i have a special reason and that is i have exams next month and after that holidays now it will be better to wait and order after that and they have removed it from site and now taking order.... now I think and any company's management to launch all product and in discount on Diwali or around it... and trust me it makes sense....

All the best buddy for your exams.

As per my knowledge, dell does not provide any discount on festivals; they use the festival opportunities to promote their product. Their pricing is based on and fluctuates marginally based on US dollar value.

But, They may well give some freebies along with the main box. Keep fingers crossed.

sugs77

Broken In
So Now DELL has stooped the FHD option in 15R SE for the time being. But I can also see that the mSATA option is also removed. Any idea, along with FHD they will include the mSATA also? Because in such laptops mSATA makes a lot of difference specially in bootup times. Just like FHD, they did not introduce mSATA in India at the launch (although was present in US models). I was very happy to see that they introduced mSATA later in India also. But its gone again......any idea guys about this??????

indranath

Broken In
So Now DELL has stooped the FHD option in 15R SE for the time being. But I can also see that the mSATA option is also removed. Any idea, along with FHD they will include the mSATA also? Because in such laptops mSATA makes a lot of difference specially in bootup times. Just like FHD, they did not introduce mSATA in India at the launch (although was present in US models). I was very happy to see that they introduced mSATA later in India also. But its gone again......any idea guys about this??????

In my ordered system, I have the configuration with 32 gig mSata (3rd gen i5, 8gig RAM, FHD)

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Bought a Sandisk Extreme 32 Gb USB3.0 pen drive with Read Speed of 190MB/Sec and Write speed of 150 MB/Sec. Managed to install the Windows 8 preview on it and boy, it is blazing fast. I'm gonna use it for my college work. Whenever i need it i just plug in the pen drive and boot windows 8 in 10 seconds. And when i need to game I'll just shut it down in 6 seconds, remove the pen drive and boot the pc normally which will load windows 7.
This is what this beast was lacking. Got a Experience index of 6.8 in the Windows 8 now. HDD jumped from 5.8 to 6.8 :eek:

Top Bottom