Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

indranath

Broken In
hi friends...

i ordered Dell Inspiron 15R SE on 23rd sep 2012, today i got the order confirmation mail and the EDD is on or before 31st oct 2012.
will it really take that long???
Oooops, so long :( that's really bad, you get tired of waiting. Is it with FHD ?
One doubt, if you ordered on 23rd, why was the order confirmation mail delayed by almost a week, this mail comes normally by 1-2 working days.

nick191

Journeyman
I also want to buy laptop in this WEEK i have chosen New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition with i7 and 2GB graphics card !
any suggestion for me,it is not FHD only HD,should i wait for FHD ? What will be price when it get available ?

I am the EXTREME GAMER,so i want to know is it right choice for me ?
Is it run all game in future for minimum 3 years with at least Medium or LOW settings easily ?

Any further suggestions for laptop which is best for me ?
Last question,SHOULD I WAIT FOR DIWALI OFFERS OR BUY IT IN THIS WEEK ? Any huge price drops or offers ?

ratul

█████████████████
I also want to buy laptop in this WEEK i have chosen New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition with i7 and 2GB graphics card !
any suggestion for me,it is not FHD only HD,should i wait for FHD ? What will be price when it get available ?

I am the EXTREME GAMER,so i want to know is it right choice for me ?
Is it run all game in future for minimum 3 years with at least Medium or LOW settings easily ?

Any further suggestions for laptop which is best for me ?
Last question,SHOULD I WAIT FOR DIWALI OFFERS OR BUY IT IN THIS WEEK ? Any huge price drops or offers ?

can't say about FHD, but yeah for the next 3 yrs, most of the games (can't say all) will be playable at low-medium...
And can you explain "Extreme Gamer??"
If you are extreme in time, i.e. playing for long hrs., then you must get this lappy.
If you are extreme for quality, that is more graphics and more supported games, but less playing time, then i would suggest you Samsung NP550..

But over all of these, i would suggest you to wait till diwali, can't say about price drops, but new laptops arrival is almost confirmed..

nick191

Journeyman
can't say about FHD, but yeah for the next 3 yrs, most of the games (can't say all) will be playable at low-medium...
And can you explain "Extreme Gamer??"
If you are extreme in time, i.e. playing for long hrs., then you must get this lappy.
If you are extreme for quality, that is more graphics and more supported games, but less playing time, then i would suggest you Samsung NP550..

But over all of these, i would suggest you to wait till diwali, can't say about price drops, but new laptops arrival is almost confirmed..

First of all thank you for your response,and yes i play games for too much longer time and i play each and every game that my laptop can run smoothly at least if i like trailer than i download it and if i like i will complete that game as soon as possible.
Sometime i spend whole night to play game:-D etc lol

player100

Broken In
I just purchased my dell 17r SE 3d model having i7-3610QM and 1TB HDD with 32GB SSD....
Check out the score
3D Mark 11 Score
P2167
Physics Score
Combined Score

3D Mark Vantage Score
P9305
Graphics Score
CPU Score

Note: Since i used the demo version for testing so all the results are based on default settings of both 3dMark 11 and 3dMark Vantage.

indranath

Broken In
I just purchased my dell 17r SE 3d model having i7-3610QM and 1TB HDD with 32GB SSD....
Check out the score
3D Mark 11 Score
P2167
Physics Score
Combined Score

3D Mark Vantage Score
P9305
Graphics Score
CPU Score

Note: Since i used the demo version for testing so all the results are based on default settings of both 3dMark 11 and 3dMark Vantage.

how much did it cost you ? is this with fhd ? what was the shipping time ?

I m getting it with i7 4gb. is it recommended to upgrade it to 8 gb

yes, it is always better and also try to get it in one dimm, so that you have one free dimm in case you need in future. my conf is i5 with 8 gig.

ratul

█████████████████
First of all thank you for your response,and yes i play games for too much longer time and i play each and every game that my laptop can run smoothly at least if i like trailer than i download it and if i like i will complete that game as soon as possible.
Sometime i spend whole night to play game:-D etc lol

lol, just like me.. :p
then either you get this lappy, or if you can wait till diwali, then i would suggest you that..
i don't think the samsung np550 would be able to take up your torture timings.. :wink:

how much did it cost you ? is this with fhd ? what was the shipping time ?

yes, it is always better and also try to get it in one dimm, so that you have one free dimm in case you need in future. my conf is i5 with 8 gig.

yes, 8GB is the minimum now, definitely get it, i use so many application now, that cross the 4GB mark easily, was editing a small video in after effects, the ram usage was 90% all the time, so definitely get 8GB, it's dirt cheap btw now-a-days.. :)

Check out the score
3D Mark 11 Score
P2167
Physics Score
Combined Score

3D Mark Vantage Score
P9305
Graphics Score
CPU Score

3D 17r??
how much of your pockets are burned for that??? 1lacs??? :shock:

nick191

Journeyman
lol, just like me.. :p
then either you get this lappy, or if you can wait till diwali, then i would suggest you that..
i don't think the samsung np550 would be able to take up your torture timings.. :wink:

yes, 8GB is the minimum now, definitely get it, i use so many application now, that cross the 4GB mark easily, was editing a small video in after effects, the ram usage was 90% all the time, so definitely get 8GB, it's dirt cheap btw now-a-days.. :)

3D 17r??
how much of your pockets are burned for that??? 1lacs??? :shock:

okay thank you,if i buy now i will go for DELL !:-D
it is also obvious to wait to get better !:wink: Let's see what happen ! and HD 7730M <<GT 650M !Big compromise if i bought DELL:-(
Every GT650M has overheating problem ?:shock:
I am badly confused what to DO ?:cry:

perfect89

Right off the assembly line
Oooops, so long :( that's really bad, you get tired of waiting. Is it with FHD ?
One doubt, if you ordered on 23rd, why was the order confirmation mail delayed by almost a week, this mail comes normally by 1-2 working days.

nope... not FHD. dont know how it got delayed!! yup.. on 23rd sep (sunday) may b the reason behind it... eagerly waiting for my first laptop...

ratul

█████████████████
okay thank you,if i buy now i will go for DELL !:-D
it is also obvious to wait to get better !:wink: Let's see what happen ! and HD 7730M <<GT 650M !Big compromise if i bought DELL:-(
Every GT650M has overheating problem ?:shock:
I am badly confused what to DO ?:cry:

dude, every 650m has overheating problem, but nvidia did'nt made the 650m for gaming, they have that GTX series for that, 650m, 7730m are just multimedia graphics performers, which we use for gaming.. :p
and gaming laptops, though expensive, can handle this heat, as they are designed for it, the good placement of internal components and material used is absolutely necessary, but both DELL and sammy are'nt designed for torture temps of 90-100 everyday for ~6hrs., occasionally it's OK, but you are extreme gamer, i recommend you DELL just because my dell has reached max of 85c on GTA4 4-5 hrs gameplay, (90c on f1 2012, but that's because it was using intel gpu), sammy reaches 90c constantly, and seeing your gaming needs, it would be a stress test for that poor lappy.. :p

Rest is your choice..

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I had bought 4gb laptop.. iwant to upgrade to 8 gb.. what could be the best option?
I checked Silicon Power 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 204-Pin SO-DIMM Notebook Mem-JBR | eBay

and Transcend JetRam 4 GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) Laptop Mem-IYF | eBay

nick191

Journeyman
but thr is no data of GT640 M for 1366*768 DX11,High,4*AF(orange color)

i m using CPUID HW Monitor

yesterday i also played f1 with monaco circuit for arnd 40 mins :-D...core temp. was arnd 65 C for me

idle temps r same for xps 15 and 15R SE but gaming temps has lot of differences...even one of my friends living downstairs played MW3 online with me yesterday on XPS15 and got 90 C temps.......dell promised me better heating performance on this SE and it looks like they told truth:wink:

nopes i didnt got any......price was also a factor for me:wink:

Can you do same test with NFS THE RUN just want to know FPS and temp !

dude, every 650m has overheating problem, but nvidia did'nt made the 650m for gaming, they have that GTX series for that, 650m, 7730m are just multimedia graphics performers, which we use for gaming.. :p
and gaming laptops, though expensive, can handle this heat, as they are designed for it, the good placement of internal components and material used is absolutely necessary, but both DELL and sammy are'nt designed for torture temps of 90-100 everyday for ~6hrs., occasionally it's OK, but you are extreme gamer, i recommend you DELL just because my dell has reached max of 85c on GTA4 4-5 hrs gameplay, (90c on f1 2012, but that's because it was using intel gpu), sammy reaches 90c constantly, and seeing your gaming needs, it would be a stress test for that poor lappy.. :p

Rest is your choice..

sometime I think i have to buy DELL ! than i changed my mind for sammy than think about that problems and again cycle come at DELL and keep on repeating !
If i buy sammy i get more game in future to play with(It can handle 4 hours ?) !
what you think if i play CS SOURCE or CS GO in multiplayer whole night than Sammy can handle it ? (I know it is silly question buy please give your opinion)

indranath

Broken In
How much ram does insprion r special edition 15 support?

It supports upto 16GB. also from the software side, Win7 premium supports only 16GB.

Rs 99500 and it is FHD 1920 X1080 with 3D. I purchased it from a local shop, they were available in gauwahati.

Woww, you are lucky bro ! you must be enjoying with the latest laptop. BTW, please provide your feedback on FHD screen, have you heard any issues like dead pixel, white or red dots in the FHD screens ?
Also, adding 3D option adds a whooping 30K to the price tag, can you tell me if thats worth in case of laptops ?

ratul

█████████████████
Can you do same test with NFS THE RUN just want to know FPS and temp !

I have completed THE RUN on this, ultra settings 25-30fps constant (Run is capped to 30fps without patch, which i came to know about after i completed it.. :p)
Max playtime was i think 4-5 hrs on one go, max temps during that were definitely below 80c.. (coz only two games till dates have made this lappy cross 80)..

nick191

Journeyman
I have completed THE RUN on this, ultra settings 25-30fps constant (Run is capped to 30fps without patch, which i came to know about after i completed it.. :p)
Max playtime was i think 4-5 hrs on one go, max temps during that were definitely below 80c.. (coz only two games till dates have made this lappy cross 80)..

which TWO games ?

Top Bottom