Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
this is sick, :-X..
3D screen itself with glasses will cost ~30k acc to me..
and blu-ray drive ~5k, either they quoted wrong price, or you can take out the parts from lappy, but still have to pay full cost... :?
And 1066Mhz must be a typo only..

I also told them that the Intel Core i7- 3630 QM or 3632 QM are not even listed on Intel's Official website. I think they're yet to be released.

And yes, the 1066 MHz should be 1600 MHz.

I'll try asking dell again to upgrade the processor and RAM of i5 17r SE to i7 3610 and 8 GB single DIMM and remove the windows 7 (about 6-7k) and McAfee antivirus (rs 1k I guess) and then quote me the price.

BUT STILL if 1099$ 15r SE is priced at 60K why not the 1099$ 17r SE?

ratul

█████████████████
I also told them that the Intel Core i7- 3630 QM or 3632 QM are not even listed on Intel's Official website. I think they're yet to be released.

And yes, the 1066 MHz should be 1600 MHz.

I'll try asking dell again to upgrade the processor and RAM of i5 17r SE to i7 3610 and 8 GB single DIMM and remove the windows 7 (about 6-7k) and McAfee antivirus (rs 1k I guess) and then quote me the price.

BUT STILL if 1099$ 15r SE is priced at 60K why not the 1099$ 17r SE?

^They won't remove windows for sure.

dashing.sujay is right, they won't even think of that..
i would recommend then to wait for sometime, hopefully they bring back the cheap i5 model, which was approx. 65k, coz i don't think they would reduce price for this, even if you settle for intel celeron in it.. :p

Adityaak

Right off the assembly line
well if you see, 17R US model does'nt have 3D screen or 1.5TB hDD, though indian models tends to be a bit costlier than US models...

you answered your own ques, if you are not satisfied with heating and display (which you obviously can't change after buying), then you must opt for 15R SE only..
Remember 7730m is just made to seem lower end graphics card by some folks here, but the performance difference in 650m ddr3 and 7730m is roughly 15-25%..

dude, i already know that, that's just lame of you to be writing this.. :p
if you read my statement carefully, i said that it works on Power Saving mode (aka HD4000)...
and regarding .wim, don't know how to do it in Win7, but i do in Windows Server 2008.. :p

that's really weird, coz recently it was available, and now only one model is shown in 17R SE with 1 yr warranty?? :shock:

nm so how do you restore the .wim files in Windows Server 2008??

ratul

█████████████████
nm so how do you restore the .wim files in Windows Server 2008??

well, windows server 2008 has a tool named "Windows System Image Manager", through which we can create unattended installation using the install.wim file located on the windows disc, once created, can be used anywhere to restore that install.wim file to any system..

sai_geek

I am confused whether to go for HD or FHD anti-glare on Dell Inspiron 15r special edition.
I basically need a screen that would be better for working longer hours and reading text (i mean readability).
Apart from this I am a CSE student would use my lappy for programming and web browsing .I am not a gamer but would watch movies occasionally.
There is a BUZZ around that a FHD screen will make text shorter and little due to its high res.Is it true?
plz restrict ur thoughts to 15r special edition.....

daksh

Journeyman
FHD means crisper text not smaller. Text will not have pixelated jagged edges. And you can always zoom into Web pages by holding control and scrolling in or out.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^ Yes. Let me explain in detail. Windows scales the text automatically so that it appears similarly sized on all resolutions. Windows scales text to 125% on 1080p screen. Imagine the letter S on both screens. Although similarly sized it will be composed of more pixels on 1080p display as pixel density is higher. This will lead to smoother curves. This is a very very crude example but ultimately text will appear better. For the same reason Apple uses high resolution displays on iphone, ipad and MacBook air.
Also FHD screens have better color reproduction not because of resolution but because everything improves with price

manishhn

Hi guys, I have ben following this thread for a long time. Im planning on buying a laptop, and need some help deciding. I dunno which one to decide one, the 15r SE (i7, 8gb, Rs.65990), or the Samsung NP550 s02IN. My requirements are using CAD software like CATIA, autocad etc, watching quite a lot of movies, and playing a few games (~~gta 4). Which one would be better? also, how much difference is there b/w the sammie screen (1600*900) and the fhd in 15rse? and would the graphics card in these models be of any use for CAD work? coz i read that these are consumer based gpu and not suitable for cad related work, something abt dirextx vs opengl ..please help guys! thanks in advance :)

ratul

█████████████████
Hi guys, I have ben following this thread for a long time. Im planning on buying a laptop, and need some help deciding. I dunno which one to decide one, the 15r SE (i7, 8gb, Rs.65990), or the Samsung NP550 s02IN. My requirements are using CAD software like CATIA, autocad etc, watching quite a lot of movies, and playing a few games (~~gta 4). Which one would be better? also, how much difference is there b/w the sammie screen (1600*900) and the fhd in 15rse? and would the graphics card in these models be of any use for CAD work? coz i read that these are consumer based gpu and not suitable for cad related work, something abt dirextx vs opengl ..please help guys! thanks in advance :)

for you, definitely 15R SE FHD, as you'll mostly work on CAD softwares, in which i think workspace is the most important necessity, FHD will provide you with ample of space as compared to 900p of sammy. Also movies will be a bless on a FHD screen.. :)
And for graphics card compatibility, it's better to consult the regarding softwares compatibility, as some might be compatible, some might not.. Even i am facing problem with 7730m in photoshop (where liquify just shows black screen) and sony vegas (where rendering on 7730m causes artifacts to come into videos)..
For both, i had to use intel GPU only.. So, check for compatibility yourself.. :wink:

maxpayne031

Hey i am new here and i am also wanted to buy a new laptop. My main motive is to play new games and watch hd movies. Samsung 5 550 was my first laptop which i considered first but after reading this thread i just moved to Dell. As Samsung is facing heat issue and poor after sales service i looked at 14R SE and 15R SE both are good laptop with good user rating. In 14 R SE you have better gpu but less screen size and in 15R SE you have less gpu and better screen size and their price is almost same. Now i am confused which to take as screen size matters but the gpu cant play games in highest and in full hd. Now please help me as i wanted to play games in highest setting and to watch movies in fhd and screen size matter to me and i cant go further than 15r se. Can any one tell me can they play games in highest setting without any glitches like gta 4 max payne 3 etc.., which to buy please help me... Any other manufacturer laptop better than this i will consider it but should not exceed price of 15r se.

ratul

█████████████████
Hey i am new here and i am also wanted to buy a new laptop. My main motive is to play new games and watch hd movies. Samsung 5 550 was my first laptop which i considered first but after reading this thread i just moved to Dell. As Samsung is facing heat issue and poor after sales service i looked at 14R SE and 15R SE both are good laptop with good user rating. In 14 R SE you have better gpu but less screen size and in 15R SE you have less gpu and better screen size and their price is almost same. Now i am confused which to take as screen size matters but the gpu cant play games in highest and in full hd. Now please help me as i wanted to play games in highest setting and to watch movies in fhd and screen size matter to me and i cant go further than 15r se. Can any one tell me can they play games in highest setting without any glitches like gta 4 max payne 3 etc.., which to buy please help me... Any other manufacturer laptop better than this i will consider it but should not exceed price of 15r se.

neither 640m or 7730m or even sammy's 650m are powerful enough to play MP3 or GTA4 in highest settings in FHD resolution, these are multimedia laptops dude, not gaming laptops.. :p
7730m is powerful enough to play in medium settings on FHD with AA off..
and if you can, i would suggest you to wait till diwali, as more options would be open for you by then.. :cool:

manishhn

@ ratul
thanks a lot dude :). i was inching towards the 15r se myself coz of the fhd :D...was considering np550 just for its gpu. iwas also looking at the 17r se..but they pulled it off the site :(... ill prob take ur suggestion and wait till diwali, not in any hurry right now :p

Top Bottom