Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

har

In the zone
@divyam
Wow...the game runs insanely fast on the laptop....and the graphics also awesome...no doubt the 7730 is a gr8 ghraphics card....
@All
but can any1 tell me how good is the intel HD 4000 in comparison o the amd 7730??? Will games like FiFA13 and NFS Most wanted 2012 run smoothly ??? Pls some1 reply to this...

Nope !!

All fps for hd400 here:
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...qYDGBg&usg=AFQjCNFQz7k0RrsM3x95MITzPgLYueXaSg

And regarding graphics cards,: gtx660m>gt650m>gt640m=hd7730m>hd7670m>gt630m>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hd4000

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hey Guys Check My video Out..
Its Dirt 3 On 15R SE
Dirt 3 Michigan Rally HD Radeon 7730M - YouTube

Awesome driving dude....tell me somrthing, ur playing the assist on or what, cause when I play the does not stay on the track.....

either way very refined game no doubt.

also dell 15r does not heat up as much as the samsung 550,,that is a huge plus for dell..

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
Awesome driving dude....tell me somrthing, ur playing the assist on or what, cause when I play the does not stay on the track.....

either way very refined game no doubt.

also dell 15r does not heat up as much as the samsung 550,,that is a huge plus for dell..
Thanks Mate.. I play with all assists Off and Manual transmission..:lol::cool:
And i use The DS3 Controller of my PS3.. So that helps.
I play gud cause i have a lot of Experience on Gran Turismo 5..

And the Laptop Is Super Cool BTW.. temps Stay 70-72 'C In AC Room
and 75-78 without AC.And as soon as you Exit the game, the temps return to 55-60 in no time.Awesome:-D

And guys
heres is a screenshot, looks bloody Awesum i say..:mrgreen:
*i48.tinypic.com/s1uhrp.jpg

ANd the Settings..
*i46.tinypic.com/2pt9f8i.jpg

*i50.tinypic.com/24wvg4p.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/257g3ld.jpg

28-30 fps With Fraps Recording And 35-40 fps without Recording.

josin

In the zone
@divyam
Wow...the game runs insanely fast on the laptop....and the graphics also awesome...no doubt the 7730 is a gr8 ghraphics card....
@All
but can any1 tell me how good is the intel HD 4000 in comparison o the amd 7730??? Will games like FiFA13 and NFS Most wanted 2012 run smoothly ??? Pls some1 reply to this...

you can use this utility to check/verify GPU performance
Code:
FurMark 1.10.1
FurMark 1.10.1 Released - 3D Tech News and Pixel Hacking - Geeks3D.com

Anurup

Broken In
@josin
Firstly ..thanx for ur reply
u see my problem is i am looking to buy a new laptop ...and cant decide if it necessary to an extra 5-6K on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Difference between the price of 2 laptops with same specs xcept for the graphics card(amd 7730/NVIDIA 640M) is around 5-6K....so if the intel hd 4000 is nough to run games like fifa 13 and nfs : the run/most wanted 2 then i will not need to spend xtra.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@josin
u see my problem is i am looking to buy a new laptop ...and cant decide if it necessary to an extra 5-6K on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Difference between the price of 2 laptops with same specs xcept for the graphics card(amd 7730/NVIDIA 640M) is around 5-6K....so if the intel hd 4000 is nough to run games like fifa 13 and nfs : the run/most wanted 2 then i will not need to spend xtra.

You might be able to play fifa 13 and nfs run in the lowest of settings, but there's no guarantee.

josin

In the zone
@josin

buy a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, in my tests the dedicated card performs 2x better than the hd4000. if you want to run graphic intensive games then dedicated card is a must.:-D

Anurup

Broken In
@dan4u and josin........thanx for ur reply
can u guyz also tell if a graphics card is necessary for photo editing like GIMP,photoshop etc. or will the intel hd 4000 do.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@dan4u and josin........thanx for ur reply
can u guyz also tell if a graphics card is necessary for photo editing like GIMP,photoshop etc. or will the intel hd 4000 do.

yea a graphic card helps a lot in photo and video editing. but its also cpu intensive.

just bought 15r se...............awesome laptop :-D .
btw check this out: Dell New Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Win 7 HP Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

flipkart is selling i7 8gb ram version for only Rs 56816

Anurup

Broken In
@akshit_gupta93
Wow...this is an unbelievable offer...o_O just cant believe it..the same config cost around 62K on the dell official site....do we also get the laptop bag along with the laptop .....also there is no mention of the software that they r giving along with the laptop (ms office home basic or the home premium)...????
@All
btw can any1 tell me if the cost of a dell laptop is more in their dell exclusive store than that buying the laptop online i mean including the packing and delivering, taxes and other charges all put together????

Last edited:
@akshit_gupta93
Wow...this is an unbelievable offer...o_O just cant believe it..the same config cost around 62K on the dell official site....do we also get the laptop bag along with the laptop .....also there is no mention of the software that they r giving along with the laptop (ms office home basic or the home premium)...????

yeah the offer is gr8......unfortunately i ordered mine from dell online on 30th nd received on friday i7 4gb ram for Rs 55963 (5% student discount :) )......flipkart is indeed providing backpack and it does have win7 home premium

sam142000

Journeyman
@akshit
Sh*t, I forget to ask them about the student discount and paid 72k for it.

@anurup
If you buy from Dell Exclusive Store, they give you some freebees. They wont give you any discount there.
Like I'll be getting:
A bluetooth mouse
3yr MCafee antivirus(Normally you get 30day/3Month)
Most expensive bag for the price of the least expensive one.

GTA IV Benchmark :
Settings:1366x768 and all maxed out
*i49.tinypic.com/21axxt3.jpg

Fraps Benchmark:
Avg: 31.568
Min: 19
Max: 59

Temp for entire gameplay:
(Played for abt an hour)
*i45.tinypic.com/2aev95w.png

how is it all maxed out??
isn't there is a very high option?
i m getting ~19fps in very high :-(

bunny

Right off the assembly line
Flipart is giving 15r se with standard keyboard... is there a way by which i can get backlit keyboard? also will i be getting wireless mouse and headset if i order from flipkart?

ratul

█████████████████
experienced gr8 dell service... :cool:
was having problem ejecting the dvd drive (had to press the button very hard), so called dell on monday, and the yesterday recieved the part, and today, technician came and replaced it, now the button is working fine..:mrgreen: They were sending the technician yesterday only, but i only told them for today..:p
gr8 service under 24hrs.. Satisfied.. :razz:

did you put the HWMonitor running behind while playing to record temp..or started it after closing the game?bcos my temp reached once as high as 87 once after an hour of run!!:-(

here are the temps girish for 1.30hrs of gameplay of run on ultra settings with HWmonitor running the whole time in an ac room..

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7596836938_9b552fdf4f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom