Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

sam142000

Journeyman
In my inspiron 15r configuration same as yours max payne is showing 512mb of graphics. I changed in switchable graphics to "high performance" sitll its showing 512 mb. plz help
I'm having the same problem.
Also, in GTA4 the frame rate suddenly drop and rise again!!
I switched both of their graphics to high performance in the GPU settings.

Anyone for this?

Also, shouldn't we be doing a 3DMark11 test instead of 3DMark06 since our graphic card supports DirectX11.

Edit: Some pics of my Laptop *goo.gl/P1iJH

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
Found this on a website INspiron 17R S.E. core i5 benchmarks ..

Dell Inspiron 7720 - Review

woah, the guy seems to be a pro in photography, cool pics and 13000 score was expected due to 650m gddr5.. :mrgreen:

Anyone for this?

Also, shouldn't we be doing a 3DMark11 test instead of 3DMark06 since our graphic card supports DirectX11.

Edit: Some pics of my Laptop Picasa Web Albums - Sanchit Singhal - Dell Inspiron...

yes, i have'nt tried the 3dmark11, if you get time, please do post 3dmark11 test results too.. :)

For everyone reading this question, please reply to it:

Can you tell me the proper way to reduce and control battery wear level, about calibration process and all for li-ion batteries?

Please post proper guides you follow..

raj_55555

Journeyman
You may read this guide.
Anyways, I have updated the drivers, but strangely the 3dmark score has gone down by a long way. This is really strange. Here's the link.

jakelong00

Right off the assembly line
i just got my 15r se yesterday and its really great. after using it i saw my palm imprints all aver the back cover and the palm rest area. how to clean them??
sry if its the wrong place to post

ratul

█████████████████
You may read this guide.
Anyways, I have updated the drivers, but strangely the 3dmark score has gone down by a long way. This is really strange. Here's the link.

6699??? :-o
mine and girish's was close to 10500..
what drivers are you using???

well, in the meantime i tested the 3DMark11 benchmark, and got almost the same score as Notebookcheck.net has recieved..
3DMark11 score: 1678.
Link: 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8293/7610705802_7f8644f09a_b.jpg

raj_55555

Journeyman
@ratul
Yeah! I know. The score in my case also was similar to yours at 9830 (because of i5) before the driver update.
I am using the latest drivers for AMD 7730M given at dell's site. I don't see any performance difference strangely.
One thing I forgot to mention, anybody wishing to play Batman Arkham city has to install these drivers, otherwise it will crash. I have tested it.

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul
Yeah! I know. The score in my case also was similar to yours at 9830 (because of i5) before the driver update.
I am using the latest drivers for AMD 7730M given at dell's site. I don't see any performance difference strangely.
One thing I forgot to mention, anybody wishing to play Batman Arkham city has to install these drivers, otherwise it will crash. I have tested it.

yup, same with me, though there 5-10% improvement in NFS:Run, no other game shows any improvement.. (tested with fraps)..

JOGUI22

I'm very interested in the 15R SE, but a lot of people talk about the problemas with the cpu temps (up to 95ºC) while playing high confs in games.

Is it true?

ratul

█████████████████
My driver version says 8.981.2.0. Is it updated? Please give a link for the latest driver for 15r se.

yup, same for me, i think it's the latest version..
Acc. to speccy,
*i.imgur.com/d7eBs.jpg

Anurup

Broken In
Guyz...can anyone of u tell me should i go for the i5 3210m (2.5GHz turbo boost to 3.1ghz) or for the intel i7 (2.1hz turbo boost to 3.1ghz)....
Intel® Core? i5-3210M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz, rPGA
Intel® Core? i7-3612QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz) BGA
basically im trying to figure out is it better to hv more core or a higher clock speed...the i7 is a quad core but has a lower clock speed to the i5 dual core....so can u tell me which is a better and faster process?

abshank

In my inspiron 15r configuration same as yours max payne is showing 512mb of graphics. I changed in switchable graphics to "high performance" sitll its showing 512 mb. plz help

hi all...I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and with the helpful reviews of people like Girish and others have finally bought 15r SE i7 8Gb laptop couple of days ago.As mentioned above by SDP, even I am facing the same issue for me also while playing MP3 its showing available memory of 512 MB, i have switched everything to highperformance and checked for the latest driver updates but everything seems fine.
Can anyone help us on this....or guide me if I need to contact dell for any possible manufacturing defect.

SDP

Broken In
hi all...I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and with the helpful reviews of people like Girish and others have finally bought 15r SE i7 8Gb laptop couple of days ago.As mentioned above by SDP, even I am facing the same issue for me also while playing MP3 its showing available memory of 512 MB, i have switched everything to highperformance and checked for the latest driver updates but everything seems fine.
Can anyone help us on this....or guide me if I need to contact dell for any possible manufacturing defect.

Got a fix for it.
1) Create a desktop shortcut for "PlayMaxPayne3"
2) Right click on it and click on properties
3) Under "Shortcut" tab in "target" add this "-dx11 -adapter 1" {without quotes}
4) Enjoy the game to the core with high settings with 2048 graphics!! :-D

15r se users anybody who have installed and started playing "Metro 2033"?

@ratul

New driver has enhanced performance of alan wake and max payne 3. Max payne 3 with settings "High" and some of them with "very high" am getting 35 fps :-D

raj_55555

Journeyman
@SDP
Kudos to you man! It worked. Unfortunately it worked already finished playing it :p
Can you please do a 3dmark06 test and see the results?

SDP

Broken In
@SDP
Kudos to you man! It worked. Unfortunately it worked already finished playing it :p
Can you please do a 3dmark06 test and see the results?

AMD Radeon HD 7750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 05TJ3M score: 8224 3DMarks 3dmark06
AMD Radeon HD 7750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 05TJ3M score: P7182 3DMarks 3dmark vantage

raj_55555

Journeyman
Thanks for posting man! So it's confirmed, the new drivers do affect the 3d mark06 tests. It could be because its 3dmark 06, and doesn't test some new features. Just a blind guess though.

Top Bottom