Deleted an exe file suggest me a software for file recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Oh:(:(:( I didn't know that. I have installed the easy recovery in that partition only & its still running (building tree) & have not done anything yet, does it take so much of time, its almost last 19 hrs its running.

I told ya...

[...]dont do any work in C drive.. but its sad.. C is the OS drive so you can't help much. and install the recovery software in some other drive.

btw in future keep all working data in a non-OS drive even move your 'my documents' to a drive other than C: (create a new My Documents folder in say drive D:, right click your 'My Documents' icon, choose properties, change the target folder path and select 'copy all files to new location')

_

paid

Journeyman
for relief in future accidental deletion I suggest preinstall a recovery software and forget until you need to recover files OR use dual boot in different partitions so that you can recover your file from recovery software in second operating system from the same harddisk

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
y u guys wanna make a simple work complicated?
mine is the easiest no need of dual boot.....
and yes also do wat DD said.....

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I could not get my file back using any of the software but on doing system restore I got the file since it was on C drive.

Few lessons learnt for future.

aadipa

Padawan
I could not get my file back using any of the software but on doing system restore I got the file since it was on C drive.
This is first instance I know of 'System Restore' being useful for something. In fact it is first thing I disable after windows installation. Or just disable it from nLite.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Even I have it disabled for all the drives except the C drive, after all thats where u want most of system restoration.

Lucky that the file was on C/my documents/folders

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to recover .iso files from my computer. Is it possible to recover it from ext3 partition( now reformatted as fat32 ) through vista coz there is no option in recover my files for .iso files

narangz

Web developer
Re: Deleted an ISO file suggest me a software for file recovery

Bhai title mein .exe likh diya.

Now that news to me - system restore will not recover deleted files !! Thats impossible as far as i understand.

The files must have been there all the time - and you should have over looked it and found it after 4 days !!

The two free recovery softwares i know are pandora recovery and the other is datarecovery - both can be download at www.download.com. Datarecovery is the first one you could try since you dont even have to install it to recover the files !!!

And when ever you recover the files you have to recover it to a drive other than the one in which you find the deleted one.

You can also try iolo data recovery - the one i use pretty much often but its a paid softare, while the other two i mentioned above are free :smile:

As far as someone wanting to recover an iso file - i guess its most unlikely- since the file would be a large one and in all likely hood it would be corrupt and be over written - nevethe less you can try - but i dont remember which one recovers even after a format umm i guess u can go for *www.recovermyfiles.com

symonds56

Right off the assembly line
I had a presentation made in director which was an installer which use to install the presentation on the host comp. I thought that I was deleting the copy of that file but 3 days later I found out that I deleted the original & emptied the recycle bin too.

I have few file recovery software which I tried but they all show me various image & multimedia files for recovery, they don't work with exe file.

Can anyone suggest any software which can recover the all kind of file including the exe files

The file was deleted from C drive My Documents, can system restore bring back the deleted files?

I have used file recovery software. It recovers .exe file also. You can try Stellar Phoenix file recovery software. It is very easy to use and provides good recovery solution for windows (windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP), Macintosh, Novell, Linux operating system and FAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS, HFS+, NWFS, EXT2, EXT3 and Reiser FS file system.Download the free demo version from
*www.stellarinfo.com/file-recovery.htm
In demo version you will able to see the preview of your recoverable file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom