• Defy

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Neo V

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akshat2112

Ready to help
I want to buy a new android phone for around 15k. So far, I have it narrowed down to the Motorola Defy and the Sony Ericsson Neo V. As per me, the Defy seems the better bet :
1. Although officially on android 2.2, some really amazing mods are available for it
2. It's waterproof, scratch-proof..and what not! And Neo V doesn't have any "killer feature" as such
3. It's cheaper :p
4. It looks sturdy, whereas the Neo V looks as if I drop it once, and that's the end of it

Need opinions about it quick, as I have to buy it by 15th Dec.

P.S Don't suggest any other phones. I want one from these two only.

clmlbx

Technomancer
IMO you should go NEO V for better screen,camera (720P video recording + secondary camera) Processor, OS (ICS announced for it). Better after sale service, at least better then motorola

But yes Defy can be overclocked to 1Gz, If you can get Red lens then 720P is possible (heard of). with Defy+ has been launched with same hardware then it's os and many features can be ported to Defy..

All this things are possible but nothing can be said now.. so make decision carefully

But go for defy if it is sufficient for you or you are capable or want/can do this advance things..

I would have gone for Neo V but if Budget restrains you then Defy is not Bad

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
if you are talking about build quality then I think it mostly depends upon your Usage.. But with normal use I guess it can...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Voted for Neo V. But if you are into modding and stuff, get the Defy.

OP
A

akshat2112

Ready to help
Thanks everyone, it really helped. I placed the order for Neo V today. :)

Mods, I request you to kindly close this thread.

OP
A

akshat2112

Ready to help
Sure, fair enough. But unfortunately, as it's my bday gift, I wont be getting my hands on it till the 21st. So if you guys can wait until then, I would be more than happy to post a detailed review.

Although, I remember seeing a pretty good review somewhere right here on the forum.

damnthenet

Journeyman
@clmlbx:
You can find a detailed review of Xperia Neo V in one of the other threads:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/148348-review-sony-xperia-neo-v.html

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ actually I read that a while ago but reviews are like, as much as you get it is better as every one has different view to see things, different perspective..

Top Bottom