Defy+ or Xperia Neo V?

loom91

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I'm trying to decide on an Android phone for my dad. I'm not yet sure of the budget range, so I'm selecting phones at two different price ranges.

In the below 15k range, Galaxy Ace seems to be the best choice, its main rival the Wildfire S seems to be a weak model.

I'm more confused about the 17k range. Both the Motorola Defy+ and the SE Xperia Neo V seem to be priced exactly the same, and closely matched. The Defy+ is more rugged and sturdy, but Neo V has killer video (which is kinda important for a non-geeky user like my dad) and apparently a better display as well. Both have Gingerbread so not much to separate them.

So which would be a better choice? I have to buy this in the next two days, so can't wait for an online shipment. Any idea about street prices and good deals in Kolkata?

Thanks!

Molu

rhlravi

Broken In
The Neo V will receive ICS update in March-April, while the Defy+ probably wont get it at all. The Neo V also has a slightly better GPU, camera, screen and HDMI out.
But you are right, the D+ is sturdier, more rugged, more compact.
Now it is up to you to decide which of the above factors you feel is more important to you and your dad.

OP
L

loom91

Hmm, seems like the Neo V is the better option. It doesn't have a high failure rate I hope? Also, is Ace the best choice in its price range? Thanks.

Molu

OP
L

loom91

Yes people, I get that the Neo V is better than the Galaxy Ace. But it's also more expensive, so I'm asking that is there anything better than Ace which doesn't cost more? Thanks.

Molu

S

siddhipatel

I think you should go with Defy+. I am using it since last three months and I am very much satisfied with its performance.

Avythus

As far as I know, the Galaxy Ace seems to be your best bet within that price range. However, in case your father decides to install a lot of applications, it might turn out to be a problem due to the low internal memory. He would then have to restrict himself to Applications with the "Move to SD" feature. You'll face the same problem with the Neo V. The Defy+, on the other hand, has an internal memory of 2GB.

I've also read about a lot of problems relating to the Neo V restarting during calls. The issue hasn't been addressed as of now, I believe. I don't know how common it is, but I'd suggest you search on the web a bit.

Considering these factors, I'd recommend the Defy+. You may still opt for the Neo V if appearance is a greater concern.

Disclaimer: I haven't done a lot of research on the Defy+, so consider my opinion from a bird's eye view :)

rhlravi

Broken In
The Ace is pure crap for a 15k budget. The original Defy beats it hands down in every department except maybe for a slightly inferior cam. (much better screen, much better processor, much better GPU, more internal memory, excellent community support with ICS builds already available(not sure you dad would install it though, but you can flash the Defy+ 2.3 ROM directly on it for permanent use), sturdier build quality, more compact, water and dust resistant, almost double the RAM). I have used these 2 phones (i dont own them, but have tested enough) to say that Ace is no match for the old Defy.
So,
15k: Old Defy
17k: Neo V

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
The old deft costs not more than 13-13.5k and even it is not worth for more than that
And also I think Motorola has stopped the production of Defy and it is very hard to find one now.

PS- I m not saying that Defy is bad,its a great phone,Just not worth for more than 13k

sainath

Android Addicted
Hey guys,
which mobile good Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo or Neo V??? because Neo is cheaper than Neo V in Mumbai. Neo is for Rs.15500 and Neo V is for Rs.16500 with bill and Rs.14520 without bill. Which one should I buy?? :confused::confused::confused:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Neo is discontinued by the company.I don't know how you are getting it even one other guy posted that it was available but this is kind of weird,I mean how a handset is available which is discontinued by the company.
Apart from that Neo V is an downgraded version of Neo.
And I think you will also not get warranty with Neo.
So choose wisely....

sainath

Android Addicted
^^^^
Neo is discontinued by the company.I don't know how you are getting it even one other guy posted that it was available but this is kind of weird,I mean how a handset is available which is discontinued by the company.
Apart from that Neo V is an downgraded version of Neo.
And I think you will also not get warranty with Neo.
So choose wisely....

No!!! Neo is not discontinued....!

red dragon

Master troll
Neo had some production problem(camera module shortage due to flood or something like that)
It had a much better sensor than Neo V.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Bro if your dad is the 'non-geek' type DEFINITELY go for the Samsung Omnia W
A very good screen AND the Wnidows phone 7.5 is quite user friendly.
At the 13-15K price range I suggest you to go for the E72 or the E6

Top Bottom