Dead Space 2 Discussion Thread

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I had an encounter with first brute in DS 1, playing on Impossible difficulty with military suit. Damn things require a lot more ammo to kill.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ AFAIK it is less scary than DS. I played both of them this is kinda fast paced so less scary and DS was at medium pace to be precise and was quite scary specially with my goddamn headphones.

abhidev

Human Spambot
^^ AFAIK it is less scary than DS. I played both of them this is kinda fast paced so less scary and DS was at medium pace to be precise and was quite scary specially with my goddamn headphones.

It is scary coz the sound effects are simply awesome and actually increases your heartbeat when those things just come from nowhere suddenly and then the background score gets intense....nice!!!!!!

gameranand

Living to Play
Well every scary game is scary with its sound IMO. Remove the sound and it becomes a simple shooter with abnormal enemies. But background music of DS was scary than DS2 for me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is it necessary to 1st complete DS before playing DS2???

It is scary coz the sound effects are simply awesome and actually increases your heartbeat when those things just come from nowhere suddenly and then the background score gets intense....nice!!!!!!

yup...sound is the crucial element in scary games.....just like Silent Hill Series....

Also Amensia Dark Descent is also scary if i m not wrong...:grin:

Yep, its necessary to play DS1 if you want to get a clear view of the story. But before you play DS1, watch these movies in the given sequence
1)Dead Space Downfall
2)Dead Space 1 the game
3)Dead space Aftermath
4)Dead Space 2

Soumik

Padawan
DS2 not that scary guys... got chills... but kinda got used to them by playing DS1 :D Plus, here you do a massacre with the necromorphs. It gets kinda fun :p
But its got a lot of new elements... fantastic gameplay graphics environment sounds... what else do you want. GOTY candidate for me. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Buy a good quality headphone and play it at night when no body is at house then say if its scary or not. Because these are the conditions in which I completed the game.:D:D

Soumik

Padawan
I started it on friday night with headphones (normal old sony over the head ones). Took some 5 hrs break to sleep and completed before lunch time saturday. :p You're right.. no wonder the game looked less scary towards the end.. it was day time for me. :D

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you once you get used to the horror of this game then you are well prepared to face anything thrown at you. In first one whenever I use to see vault then I prepare myself for a battle and the best part was that most of the time my assumptions were correct and they appeared from where I expected them to. But still the best survival horror game series I have ever played. Look what happened to RE series RE5 was more of a TPS than a survival horror hell I never got scared in the whole game but at least I got scared many times in even Dead Space 2 well much less than Dead Space 1 though but still it was a terrific game IMP.

Soumik

Padawan
^^absolutely agree. DS1 was super scary. I played only RE5 of that series, and it was really an action survival, rather than a horror one. It has excellent graphics though, which was the best part that i enjoyed :p.
For me DS1 is the scariest game i ever played, and followed closely by DS2. Though i enjoyed DS2 more for some reason. (May be the slaughter of necromorphs made feel good :))

gameranand

Living to Play
Dead Space had also really nice graphics but in RE5 you were able to see those graphics in daylight which was truly exceptional. In Dead Space 1 you are mostly in rooms and halls with some necromorphs coming out of nowhere but well then Dead Space had best gameplay and graphics detail along with terrific sound which would scare the hell out of you if you are playing in night. With every step your heartbeat will rise untill you reach the checkpoint.:D:D

Piyush

Lanaya
i'm gonna start dead space 2 campaign tomorrow
any tips for starter

one of my friend told me that you have to be always in aiming position in the game....
otherwise the flashlight goes off...what the hell!!!
and we also have fighting in space??
is it OK? i mean is it simple or goes mind boggling ?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
i'm gonna start dead space 2 campaign tomorrow
any tips for starter

one of my friend told me that you have to be always in aiming position in the game....
otherwise the flashlight goes off...what the hell!!!
and we also have fighting in space??
is it OK? i mean is it simple or goes mind boggling ?

Gameplay is HOT enjoy

Use Credits wisely !

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@piyush: always carry 1 power node with at all times, or you might miss some pretty sweet armors and weapons. :)

I swear, this is darn important. I guess the RIG upgrades have to be well thought out and planned.

The suit upgrade looks so so so kewl..!

Piyush

Lanaya
you guys mean i have to carry at least one power node with me at all times?
what are they?
and what are credits?

^
Power nodes: are battery like circular nodes which lets you open locked doors and upgrade your weapons.

Credits: this is the currency used in DS like dollars in NYC.

Top Bottom