Dead Space 2 Discussion Thread

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^ Things will get very nasty after this. Its no spoiler but just a small warning. Tread carefully and pile up whatever you find. Will be very useful.

Yup. Now i know. I'm playing on Survivalist mode and that makes thing much complicated. Right now, died 5 times in a set piece... but fighting through some how.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Does AMMO run low really fast..?
It does. On the normal mode, you run out of ammo when you're almost half way through the game. But till you reach the end, you'll have ample cash to go shopping and get your suit pimped up. This would translate into more inventory slots being assigned and hence you can stock up on more ammo. Just be sure to stomp every single nero you slaughter, yes, that includes the babies too. Grab a hold of all the semi-conductors you can find and sell them off at the store. Sell off the ammo of weapons which you don't have. If you don't use stasis a lot, then sell those packs.

There a lot of instances when my Plasma Cutter & Line Gun used to run out of ammo. Those were to 2 weapons I used, nay, abused throughout the game. Towards the end, I got myself the 'Ripper'. This weapon proved to be very useful for close encounter and slice those suckers. The Pucker was the only Necromorph who was able to stand out from this weapons attack. He has a long range acid spitting ability and hence, the gun isn't very useful for it. Any-hoo, keep upgrading your weapons damage on the bench and you'll do fine.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Actually, puker will bite dust if we use alternate firing mode of the ripper.

On chapter 14. just did that eye thing with Issac. Purchased some ammo and 7 power nodes.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It does. On the normal mode, you run out of ammo when you're almost half way through the game. But till you reach the end, you'll have ample cash to go shopping and get your suit pimped up. This would translate into more inventory slots being assigned and hence you can stock up on more ammo. Just be sure to stomp every single nero you slaughter, yes, that includes the babies too. Grab a hold of all the semi-conductors you can find and sell them off at the store. Sell off the ammo of weapons which you don't have. If you don't use stasis a lot, then sell those packs.

There a lot of instances when my Plasma Cutter & Line Gun used to run out of ammo. Those were to 2 weapons I used, nay, abused throughout the game. Towards the end, I got myself the 'Ripper'. This weapon proved to be very useful for close encounter and slice those suckers. The Pucker was the only Necromorph who was able to stand out from this weapons attack. He has a long range acid spitting ability and hence, the gun isn't very useful for it. Any-hoo, keep upgrading your weapons damage on the bench and you'll do fine.

Plasma cutter running out would be freaky. Damn. I find the gun -- think Pulse Gun quite useless. Which weapon should I upgrade quickest to high capacity and maximum damage. Plasma cutter..? Precise and quick.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Woot.. completed the game.

I have only one complaint... Checkpoints. They are scattered in a way that I will be left with a drop of blood and with 4 enemies in the room and empty mag. Faced this issue nearly 5 times. And it was very irritating. In an instance I was left with no choice but to load the last saved game.
Another small thing is the over use of Invincible necromorph... those things were pretty overused in the last chapter.
Except these the game was fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Plasma cutter running out would be freaky. Damn. I find the gun -- think Pulse Gun quite useless. Which weapon should I upgrade quickest to high capacity and maximum damage. Plasma cutter..? Precise and quick.
I rarely used Pulse Gun myself. I only used it to wade off those irritating swarm which spring out of the pregnant necromorph and those small exploding necromorphs (Exploders?). Due to the small nature of their size, my other guns would run out of ammo, if used individually. So I figured it was best to put the Pulse rifle to some use as it had sufficient stock of ammo and a good alternate fire.

My first preference for upgrade would always be the Plasma Cutter, followed by the Line Gun (if you have it).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Unfortunately, I didn't purchase either of them. I did that in the first Dead Space game, but was more keen on trying the newer weapons in this one, so ditched the Flame-thrower.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
How to get those crabbies which crawl out in batches of 15-20 and latch onto Isaac and are pure pure PITA. Am most scared of those little thingies...?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
How to get those crabbies which crawl out in batches of 15-20 and latch onto Isaac and are pure pure PITA. Am most scared of those little thingies...?

Flamethrower or Grenade launcher is your best bet. Or, you can kill that nasty necro preventing it from exploding, which will eliminate spawning of these little things.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Well buddy i would recommend a pulse gun against the babies. They don't require a heavy damage weapon but a weapon with higher firepower i.e sort of a machinegun. The pulse rifle works great against them.

Whatever you do, purchase another powerful weapon alongwith the line gun. A contactbeam or seeker will do. Great against boss battles. Upgrade damage to the fullest in all the weapons at your disposal.

I will recommend using a flamethrower or a Grenade Launcher to fight those naughty little things. :D

Flamethrower is a waste imo. I used it in the first dead space and was totally unsuccessful in killing necromorphs and it used up ammo like hell without doing significant damage. Never purchased it in dead space 2.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I like that one with the Javelin thrower. Quite powerful. Line-Gun I have got. Will upgrade the baby on my next bench. Capacity for sure, then damage.

Also for one suit do we need 2 cores to open the door..? No other way around..? 2nd suit I guess..?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Flamethrower is a waste imo. I used it in the first dead space and was totally unsuccessful in killing necromorphs and it used up ammo like hell without doing significant damage. Never purchased it in dead space 2.

I'm not talking about all the necros. I was telling how to kill those little bat like things :|

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
I like that one with the Javelin thrower. Quite powerful. Line-Gun I have got. Will upgrade the baby on my next bench. Capacity for sure, then damage.

Also for one suit do we need 2 cores to open the door..? No other way around..? 2nd suit I guess..?

Buddy i have a piece of advice. Ditch the javelin gun and redeem all the nodes. It might seem powerful at start but is nowhere as powerful as the seeker and contact beam. Later necromorphs will be a pain in the arse to kill with the javelin. I felt like that though but contact and seeker are by far the most powerful weapons in the game followed by link gun. Consider to upgrade damage first and give it the priority. Then comes capacity and alt-fire.

All doors in the game require one power node to open at max. Not more than that.

I'm not talking about all the necros. I was telling how to kill those little bat like things :|

Well for those ugly creatures, which comes from the belly of the fat necromorph, the pulse rifle is your best friend. A few shots is required to dispatch those thingies

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Well for those ugly creatures, which comes from the belly of the fat necromorph, the pulse rifle is your best friend. A few shots is required to dispatch those thingies

I prefer grenade launcher. As it requires only one blow. And pulse rifle is extremely ineffective against all other necs. So, I thought.. why wasting a weapon slot just for crawling bats!? :p

Journey

Broken In
To kill the throngs of those little things use the alt fire of the pulse or the line gun, or use flamethrower.

Basically anything that does not shoot bullets but does AOE :) Also using stasis on them and stomping them works quite fine :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The problem with stomp is that you can hope to take down 1-2 at the max. If the come in large numbers, then you're screwed. They latch onto you the minute they find you in close proximity. If you have just 1-2 latching onto you, then you can shrug them off with minor health loss, but anything above that would mean death. So the minute you see those tiny buggers crawling out, nail them with the Pulse Rifle.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I guess the Pulse Gun helps. Will need to keep it.

Entered one church sanctum area and a sh$$ load of crying babies attacked. Only the PG helped here. Rest had failed.

Okay will ditch the javelin and try the seeker. Think have picked up the schematic for that.

The boss+flying out in space sequence is one bi$$$ a$$ part. Was actually open mouthed and shocked when I get ripped to shards.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Pulse rifle to riddle hordes of enemies and plasma cutter for dismemberment. Line gun is plasma cutter on steroids.

Detonator helps setting up traps. Set them on side walls.

Top Bottom