Dead Space 2 Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Line gun is plasma cutter on steroids.
WORD! However, it's fire/reload speed and ammo capacity is horrendous on default. Make sure you upgrade those aspects first. This gun used to be helpful for taking down a pack of those necromorph children and The Brute. The large width of the Line Gun proves to be of huge advantage at times.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Detonator works best for stalkers(the ones who hide and charge at you). But i pinned them with a seeker.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
Those are the fast ones with that tail...?
The one with head on collision tendencies. They hide and then charge.

May be you are talking about the scorpion kind, but they are not the one I am referring to. Indeed they are fast but scare factor is not much.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asingh

You will soon come across them buddy. Just be prepared with a powerful weapon like seeker.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Just made it to the nursery. Blitzkreig of warped kids. The acid spitters have become black and harder to take down.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@ asingh

You will soon come across them buddy. Just be prepared with a powerful weapon like seeker.

I would suggest taking a Vintage point.... Far from those containers. Switching to line gun (works best for these). As soon as they charge first shot goes to legs, so.. they have to crawl now. And we can shoot their arms without any hurry in next 4-5 seconds. It worked best for me. In fact, after adopting this strategy... they were as easy as crawling babies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
Just made it to the nursery. Blitzkreig of warped kids. The acid spitters have become black and harder to take down.

Use pulse for the warped kids and aim for the neck of the black acid spitters first with a plasma cutter to decapitate them. After this, their acid spitting ability is gone, and you can finish them easily.

Don't forget to upgrade damage level first. Give that the priority.

My list of weapons

1)The Seeker [The cheapest and best solution for all your Necromorph problems. Seeker ammo @900 credits only :D. And damage is really awesome, good for taking down all enemies[except मुर्गियाँ and babies since babies are too patheric to use ammo on and those मुर्गियाँ are really fast to aim and shoot ) from a distance with the scoped/zoom mode which increases its damage. Two well aimed shots at the limbs and your necro buddies will requiescat in pace. It is my favourites]

2)Line Gun [Expensive solution but its worth the price. My best buddu during tight situations, its the ultimate one-shot-many-kills weapon. Very useful against मुर्गियाँ because you need to kill them real fast. ]

3)Flamethrower [Awesome for taking down hordes of necromorphs, its ability to incenerate multiple enemies at once makes it so. And its secondary fire mode will just kill all necros in its radius. Perticularly useful during close combat. Ideal for making KFN,i.e, Kentuky Fried Necromorph]

4)Pusle rifle [Awesome for taking down babies, and all those things that you wouldn't want to waste any ammo on and also useful to take down enemies at a distance. Perticularly useful during zero gravity situations. Its my default weapon.]

I don;t find the need to use any other weapons. Quite satisfied with this setup.

Last night i reached chapter 13. I'm wearing the advanced suit now. Its was so cheap:shock: only 36K credits. Any other suits i should be aware of?

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You will get two more suits in Newgame+ mode. And there are couple of DLCs you can download from EA store which will add 4 new suits.

And the actual price of Advanced suit is 40k. But the vintage suit gives you 10% discount on every purchase.. so, 36k. I will recommend switching to Vintage suit before purchasing..because of that 10% discount.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
My default weapon choices are:

1. The Seeker - Powerful weapon for bosses , black slicer , necrovommit , stalkers and ubermorph.

2. Pulse rifle - Useful against babies and creepy thingies.

3. Plasma cutter- Useful for efficient dismemberment of necromorphs.

4. Line Gun- As said earlier by "FAUN" its plasma cutter on steroids. Useful against bosses and to dismember hordes of necromorphs in one shot. Has got a classic alt fire.

Special mention- Contact beam- An extremely powerful weapon with a solid alt fire. Just increase the damage to maximum and watch this baby work wonders for you.

Finished the game today. Loved every bit of it. The story is really amazing and so is the story telling. The last chapters were really tough. I just ran and ran. :p

In the last boss fight
Every time the i was killed by the babies or nicole. So instead of wasting my time on the babies i just took up my flame thrower and concentrated fire on nicole alone and the fight ened in a jiffy.:D

varunb

Working in an IT company
I completed Dead Space 2 last week & right now I am playing Dead Space 1 for the first time. DS2 is scary for sure (easp the church area)..in fact a lot...but DS1 is 10 times more scarier than its sequel. While playing DS2, I felt like replaying doom 3 in some areas. DS1 has a better storyline...The ambience & atmosphere in Ishimura really kept me on the edge. I felt like this ship is worse than hell. I dunno but in my opinion Ishimura has lot more freakiness than Sprawl.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I scratched head for a while... even thought that there is some alternate ending or something. It turns out, you were joking.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Installed Dead space-I...thought of playing from the beginning and then move on to the second...damn...it has great sound effects...man!!! reminded me of "The thing"....

Top Bottom