Dataone Automation (The Comprehensive Guide)

Was this content helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adityaksharma

Broken In
the thing is tht you have to connect at 2 am or later for this to work so how do i set up my modem to turn on at two.... i dont use a dialer i use simple plug it in the lan and then assign an ip method..... so if the modem is turned on the billing will continue form the earlier session and i will b billed for it.....
bsnl has clarified that for free time to work u must login b/w 2 am to 8 am..... thus..... unless someone tell me how do i configure a pppoe connection or tell me hw to turn the modem on automatically ....... because this will only be possible then....... and if u figure that out then quite obviously........ happy hours!!!!

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
so if the modem is turned on the billing will continue form the earlier session and i will b billed for it.....
bsnl has clarified that for free time to work u must login b/w 2 am to 8 am....

Well, that is not true. If you have ventured properly in the BSNL sticky in the General Forum, then you will realize.

It has never happened to me in the past 7 months of my usage. Your account counter stops as soon as 2:00AM is reached and starts at 8:00AM.
Whatever you do between this period is irrelevant.

However, if you still dont trust anybody :rolleyes: , then see this link on how to set up a PPPoE connection:
Setting up a PPoE

An Alternative that i use for my safety is use AutoHotkey to create scripts that automatically enable disable LAN at a specified time.
AutoHotKey was introduced in the Digit CD this time.
Go to Help for options on how to create such a script. If you dont understand it, then request here and i will post the method.

Savvy :!:

jack// ani

In the zone
yrana2002 said:
Well, that is not true. If you have ventured properly in the BSNL sticky in the General Forum, then you will realize.

It has never happened to me in the past 7 months of my usage. Your account counter stops as soon as 2:00AM is reached and starts at 8:00AM.
Whatever you do between this period is irrelevant.

yes...there is no billing during 2am - 8am, and its also dosen't matter when you did your login, say you logged at 1am and logged out at 9am, then you will only be charge for *2 hours* your *6 hour* is still free......so enjoy!!!

ShaPlus....dataone bandwith usage finder nicely extracts out overlapped period, just because it really free!!!! And nobody....ever faced probelm or complained about it!!!

PinKLip

Broken In
yrana2002 said:
Of course, its worked for me, thats the reason i posted this tutorial.

I have already mentioned. Those who dont have this Auto-power on facilitated BIOS, this method may not work for them.
They should try to put the pc on Standby rather than Shut it Down and use a program to wake it up on a scheduled time while the rest of the procedure follows the same pattern.

Thanks yarana,
I will try this as soon as i get H500 plan. My BIOS does not have auto power facilities, is there any 3rd party app to do it?
use a program to wake it up on a scheduled time while the rest of the procedure follows the same pattern.
what app can be used ???
Btw what is your dataone plan ??

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
If you dont have any Auto-On option in your BIOS, then you cannot shutdown your PC. You will have to omit that step.

Instead, you will have to put your PC on standby.

Now, there are two steps you can do to get the rest of the processes going.

a) Using Task Schedular:

• Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Task Schedular
  • Select the task that runs the earliest during our process, for example, Bitcomet in my case.
  • Right click the task->Select Properties
  • Go to Settings Tab and check Wake the Computer to Run This Task.

So, from now on, just put your computer on standby, and let everything else work on its own.

b) Using Third-Party Software.

There's nothing much to expain in this method. All you have to do is get a software for waking your pc on a scheduled time such as Auto Power-on and Shut-down 2.
Just configure the settings as required and your PC is ready to enjoy the Happy Hours :)

pinkLip said:
I have a Home500 Plan and i'm very happy with it :D

Savvy:!:

tinku dhar

In the zone
hey m8,,,

can u tell me wats the main use of the tutorial ???????????

if possible in short man wats the use of this in dataone

regards:)

Vyasram

The pWnster
This is what i did
Installed xp on c
Installed xp64 on d and made it default boot
Made the user accounts for my family in winxp 32
Installed utorrent and fdm on xp64.
Now when my pc automatically switches on by bios it'll boot into xp64
So i dont have to set default accounts in xp32 where all my personal data is stored with COMPLETE PRIVACY.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
wat if one has to dial to connect to the internet??
i think u hav an answer to that too..
i m having the modem provided by the bsnl....

vijubizz

Broken In
Thanks yarana,
I will try this as soon as i get H500 plan. My BIOS does not have auto power facilities, is there any 3rd party app to do it?

what app can be used ???
Yaa,there is a 3rd party free software for Autopower Facility...You can download from Here :cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom