Data entry job from home !!

sahil1033

In the zone
Hi, I'm pursuing B.Tech. from an engineering college in Dehradun and I will to do some part time job from home. Since I've no work experience yet, all I can do is data entry (typing) job. I've no idea how to search for such jobs and I feel insecure if they're genuine or not. Please help me regarding, I need some information on this. Thank you.

Last edited:

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Forget such jobs. They are neither worth the time nor the risk. Most of them are fake and con you in to paying them for a one time registration fee and they are never to be heard from again.

Rather do some some article writing freelancing.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Forget such jobs. They are neither worth the time nor the risk. Most of them are fake and con you in to paying them for a one time registration fee and they are never to be heard from again.

Rather do some some article writing freelancing.
Being risky is what I fear. Can you elaborate on article writing freelancing?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Part time online jobs are available. One of my friends does so, and its an Ad posting job. But its really tiresome. Not worth it.
Look at OLX Dehradun for such jobs.

Hrishi

Spend some time and learn HTML,SEO etc . It shouldn't take more than 2 months to learn them from scratch , if you are good enough.
THey'll pay you better than data entry jobs , plus you will have gained experience in HTML , web design by the time.

Data Entry ,etc are just wastage of time , and you'll learn nothing from them. In long run it'll be a wastage of time.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Spend some time and learn HTML,SEO etc . It shouldn't take more than 2 months to learn them from scratch , if you are good enough.
THey'll pay you better than data entry jobs , plus you will have gained experience in HTML , web design by the time.

Data Entry ,etc are just wastage of time , and you'll learn nothing from them. In long run it'll be a wastage of time.
You mean I'll be designing websites for people and get paid?

Part time online jobs are available. One of my friends does so, and its an Ad posting job. But its really tiresome. Not worth it.
Look at OLX Dehradun for such jobs.
How much is the payment? Any idea?

Hrishi

Umm...Yeah. And they are easily available depending on your level of skills and expertise. In Fact , you may even land some local business too if you polish those skiils.
THey will really help in a long run , if you are planning to build a strong career in technology domain.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Umm...Yeah. And they are easily available depending on your level of skills and expertise. In Fact , you may even land some local business too if you polish those skiils.
THey will really help in a long run , if you are planning to build a strong career in technology domain.
That would be good for me as I'm doing Computer Science Engineering, where should i start from? Any book?
w3schools.com is good.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Reg. cost him 1.5k. And that's valid for 2 months. Per day he can post 100 ads at max. And each ad costs Re.1. But its really irritating and tiresome job. Takes long time. So, at the end you will get 3k per months out of which the comapny will take 10% i.e Rs.300. So, you finallly end up with Rs.2700. But he hardly managed to complete 1500 postings. He is continuing his 2nd month and this would be the last for him.
I would also suggest you to stay away from such jobs.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK

It depends on what u want to do. If u want to design websites or develop them. Designing part is mostly done on Photoshop. Development on HTML CSS n js for static sites. U can do both too. But that would take some experience. I suggest u to develop rather than design. Easier learning curve than designing.

Hrishi

That would be good for me as I'm doing Computer Science Engineering, where should i start from? Any book?
w3schools.com is good.

Actually that would be a big advantage , if you really manage to do that. Since by the time you'll graduate , you'll have plenty of experience over your peers giving you an advantage.
W3schools.com provides a very decent platform for beginners , but I would recommend you to go through Youtube videos and several beginner Ebooks/PDFs for learning HTML and CSS.

Mastering the art of designing web pages can take a long time , so the best you can learn is through practice and understanding.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Nevermind, just take take note of this as well. Not that you couldn't have done it yourself, but that it saves time. So, one of the most popular ones out there are these two

Freelance and oDesk

Top Bottom