Customize Your Own Killer "Enigma" Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/lifehacker/2008/11/Preview_01.jpg

Windows desktop tweaker extraordinaire and Lifehacker reader Kaelri—who brought us the gorgeous Lightning at Sunset desktop and then showed us how to do it ourselves—is back, this time with a fresh new desktop he calls "Enigma." Once again, Kaelri has been kind enough to package up his setup for your downloading pleasure and step through exactly how to get it going on your own system. Keep reading for a detailed guide to customizing your Windows desktop to get a similar "Enigma" effect on your own system.

Before I begin, I must offer, on a serious note, an apology to the lifehacking community: if I had known that actual human beings were going to use this theme, I would have picked a much more original name.

What is Enigma, anyway?

Short answer: a minimalist theme for desktop enhancement apps.

Enigma is sort of a multi-application skin that I've hacked together out of inspiration and thin air. It came to life as a Samurize setup, or "config," that I made for myself and gradually tweaked over the course of a year. When it started getting popular after it was featured in my infamous desktop, I looked for an alternative platform, stumbled across Rainmeter, and haven't looked back. I'm still experimenting with it on a regular basis and learning what it's capable of. And in the meantime, you are free to reap the fruits of my labor and take it in brand new directions.

How do I get it?

Read the full article here

P.S. Is this the right section?

chinmoy

Broken In
Hey guys! I created this combining elements from here and there.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/3079493657_bc8c9ba569.jpg?v=0

You can read further here :: SAMURIZE YOUR DESKTOP WITH TECHARRAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom