cursor stuck

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
my cursor is stuck on one side and does not move wth the mouse, though i can use the mouse button functions.
before the window starting screen appears the cursor actually moves from the centre to the side and remains stuck there.
i went into setup but did not find anything relating to mouse and io devices.
please help me asap.

thanks and regards

aby

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
mouse is ps/2 / logitech optical m-sbf96. i googled and found out that if i unplugged and reboot and then plug in it should work but only thing that changed was that it came to the centre but was still irresponsive. the ps/2 driver was installed byt logitech setpoint.
i plugged in my wacom it worked once but when i restarted once more it to went irresponsive.

Flash

Lost in speed
Uninstall the Mouse from Device Manager, and restart the system. Drivers should be installed upon itself, after restart automatically.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thanks for your replies
at frst i thought so too but theres a strange thing recently my avg internet security trial expired and i think its still in the system in the background and hijacked the ps/2 ports some how. its there new multi device zen window i feel.
so my question is can a software hijack ports? and if it can what new mouse should i buy usb or ps/2? cause my wacom is only working in one usb port other 2 its light just keeps blinking.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the logitech mouse went bad. How old is the mouse anyway ?
the mouse i think is 10yrs old aproxx

icebags

Technomancer
^ have you tried plugging it to some other compu ? if still doesn't work, u can try opening it and cleaning the interiors.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for your replies
at frst i thought so too but theres a strange thing recently my avg internet security trial expired and i think its still in the system in the background and hijacked the ps/2 ports some how. its there new multi device zen window i feel.
so my question is can a software hijack ports? and if it can what new mouse should i buy usb or ps/2? cause my wacom is only working in one usb port other 2 its light just keeps blinking.

- - - Updated - - -

the mouse i think is 10yrs old aproxx

then bid it adieu.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
hmm ithought so
btw if my mouse is connected to the ps/2 port it dosnt let my wacom work properly to. but when i remove the mouse then it works.
please give me suggestions for good mice both usb and ps/2 as well

thanks
aby

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
if possible below or around 1k suggest a gaming mouse
and for a normal mouse suggest best bang for my buck.
i found a prodot office mouse for mere 150 rs at a local store but it was usb so i delayed the purchase as i couldnt decide wether to buy aps/2 or a usb.

but if iam buying a usb mouse then it better be a gaming mouse i play online rpg and click alot and as u know i sometimes design with mouse too.
i found this on amazon is this any good ? *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B011HMDZ0Q?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-8_8507_e5c311e6&smid=A2CRRONKSJQ8AC

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
be it red dragon or dragonwar - these mouse are not very comfortable to use - my personal feeling.

If you don't care about warranty this one is good :
Amazon.in: Buy E-Blue Silenz 2400 Adjustable DPI Red Wave LED Wired USB Mouse - EMS145 Online at Low Prices in India | E-Blue Reviews & Ratings

If you want something cheap then you can get Genius XScroll - comes in ps2 and usb both variant.

If you want a really good gaming mouse get Logitech G400s

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
be it red dragon or dragonwar - these mouse are not very comfortable to use - my personal feeling.

If you don't care about warranty this one is good :
Amazon.in: Buy E-Blue Silenz 2400 Adjustable DPI Red Wave LED Wired USB Mouse - EMS145 Online at Low Prices in India | E-Blue Reviews & Ratings

If you want something cheap then you can get Genius XScroll - comes in ps2 and usb both variant.

If you want a really good gaming mouse get Logitech G400s

Get Logitech G400s as it is better than all those 2nd hand company mouses.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
since i have never used a gaming mouse before i went for redragon m601 centrophorus. may be next time i buy gaming peripherrals ill think about logitech and razer. this time around i wanted to stay below 1k and got redragon for 799.
now please suggest some games i can should play to test it out.

Top Bottom