CSE vs IT which is better?

Gauravs90

geek........
What's the difference between Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology?

From those which is better course and has more scope?

Thanks

Scope of both is good. If you are competent enough, then you can get almost anywhere.
It totally depends upon what you want to do.

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
After soooooo long atleast someone has replied to my query but now it's late as I have chosen Computer Science

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Frankly, all these years I never understood what the difference is between CSE and IT! When I was in college, all that was different between these two streams were a couple of electives. Else everything was largely the same.

IT was more like an overflow stream for CSE. Does it really matter which branch one is from?

Just curious.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Frankly, all these years I never understood what the difference is between CSE and IT! When I was in college, all that was different between these two streams were a couple of electives. Else everything was largely the same.

IT was more like an overflow stream for CSE. Does it really matter which branch one is from?

Just curious.
Some companies particularly Government jobs ask for requirement as CSE and not IT. So there lies advantage for CSE.

Neuron

Electronic.
^to increase the no. of seats.
:lol::lol:

As far as i am aware cse deals with some hardware related stuffs (like micro processor architecture) as well whereas IT is focused on software development,data communication etc.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
No practical difference. IT, however, takes the "science" out of CSE and replaces it with "business" related subjects (i.e. same concepts but different applications, you will be learning business-oriented technologies compared to CSE which is more "general").

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
well well well after a long time got a good topic which i would like to answer for sure...
But before that i would like to tell i have done Btech. in Information Technology and Diploma in Information technology.

There are some noticeable differences in CSE and IT i would like to tell
The first thing it Information Technology trade is made from 2 trades:
CSE and ECE.

CSE people basically strict to the environment of software or hardware development only
Whereas in IT you have advantage of Communication/Telecoms Industry awareness.

Or in desi language u can also say that cse people make computers or softwares and IT peoples use them or give support for that.

In the last..
Government jobs do specify CSE but IT people too can apply for it. They consider IT and CSE equivalent. So don't have this doubt in your mind!

But here in India it doesn't matter at all that u have done CSE or IT. Companies will teach you what so ever is required!

rgsilent

Broken In
Almost all big IT companies recruit passouts from cse, IT, extc and electronics. Whatever their requirement is of you, they train you for that. So it hardly matters which field you are from.

I left CSE in a decent college for IT in a better college as they are more or less the same. I prefer application based learning anyway to the core.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
the funny fact is ppl in Non-IT background end in software field....and and r better geeks than some CS/IT ppl(who r dumb...n taken jus for name sake)

IT and CS course IMO have some electives different

sapna.chawla82

Right off the assembly line
Both are same. The syllabus between these two trades 75% same. It depends upon your caliber what you gain from these subjects.

mitraark

Decrepit
Almost 80% same , just that CSE has some Hardware studies included [ Microporcessor ] , whereas IT may have some Management Studies. I am IT btw :)

What's the difference between Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology?

From those which is better course and has more scope?

Thanks

I dont think that there is very much difference between both.
just few subjects will be change other wise same pattern.
and it is a s/w field no doubt the scope is better.

Top Bottom