tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I don't think the news is true. No official sources.

The leaked game and the MP demo, both in DX9. Textures are low res and there are no customization settings in the game, its a dumbed down console port.

Good thing I still have warhead left to play.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Don't use a match then, go light fire with stones.
Side by Side comparison: Crysis 2 vs Crysis 1 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Ok, first off.. no one is against the changes. Second, I said, I wasn't that disappointed because I knew it all along. Right from the day Crysis had gone Multiplatform. So, news didn't stuck me that hard.

Third, the screenshots... He is using lightning and texture mods for Crysis. So, its like comparing full fledged modded DX10 game with a DX9 game which is barely a MP demo. I will say.. not rational.

I'm not supporting crytek here. But, just telling disappointed guys to chill. Releasing a MP demo is a lot to ask these days. But they did. We can't say that the game will be like this when it comes out. Lets keep the optimism running. Let them release DX11 patch. And then, get ready to fire.. if they screw up.

DX8 thing was sarcasm. Rock and matchbox thing was funny.

Anyways... here are couple of screens. Completed a match. Finally.

*img25.imageshack.us/img25/2171/crysis2demo201103021610.jpg
*img820.imageshack.us/img820/892/crysis2demo201103021611.jpg

100xp left for Level 2. Which will unlock weapon customization :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
The leaked game and the MP demo, both in DX9. Textures are low res and there are no customization settings in the game, its a dumbed down console port.

Good thing I still have warhead left to play.

The leaked game was in dx9..yes, but it had customization options.

Low res textures?..have you even played the demo or the leaked version!?
or have u been watching the console gameplay videos and saying that?...or atleast define what the low res textures are, get a screenshot from the PC demo and put it over here, will get things cleared for us.

I was also one of them who were worried about that dumbing down the gfx for the consoles thing...but honestly, the game looks kick ass..lighing is specacular, textures are great (except for the pop-ins), sound is cool....

so stop whining, and have fun with the game.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

*img25.imageshack.us/img25/2171/crysis2demo201103021610.jpg

Low res textures tarey_g??

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Third, the screenshots... He is using lightning and texture mods for Crysis. So, its like comparing full fledged modded DX10 game with a DX9 game which is barely a MP demo. I will say.. not rational.

All I know is that he is comparing a 3 year old game to a new one, and still the old game looks better, no matter what mods are in place. Crysis 2 should set standards as it did 3 years ago, I dont want to play another COD.

Maximum disappointment. :neutral:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Of course, they were going lite. They want to sell more copies, do business. They don't want to endup limited to few gamers, like they were in first game.It will be disappointing, for sure to the people who were expecting to see standards being defined.

And 3 year old game with "very high" Dx10 settings will definitely look better than today's "high" dx9 settings game. Lets just keep waiting until retail release. Hope that they will include "very high" preset and will allow customization and will give DX11 patch ASAP.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The leaked game was in dx9..yes, but it had customization options.

According to official Nvidia site :

"Unlike the first game, Crysis 2 doesn't have any graphical sliders or checkboxes to enable. Instead, there are three preset modes: Gamer, Advanced, and Hardcore."

You call this customization ? :shock:

Low res textures tarey_g??
I don't play leaked versions

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

3 years of gap and you call this kick ass?

so stop whining, and have fun with the game.

I have fun playing Mario too, but that's not the point.

Some of us have higher expectations from sequel of a game which had jaw dropping visuals.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graphics hardly make any difference to me. If the gameplay is better, I'll be more than happy to buy this. I didn't like the original Crysis.

For me, it was pretty obvious that Crysis 2 will have trimmed graphics as Crytek was also developing it for consoles.

At the end of the day, having no expectations if the best thing. ;)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
According to official Nvidia site :

"Unlike the first game, Crysis 2 doesn't have any graphical sliders or checkboxes to enable. Instead, there are three preset modes: Gamer, Advanced, and Hardcore."

You call this customization ? :shock:

Don't worry. Eventhough crytek ditched you, independent modders won't. They will release some kind of tools to pull off everything, Incl. Graphics Customization. Then again,its kind of disappointing.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ I read that the ini's are encrypted (bulletstorm did that too but I care less). Well i just hope the single player game is better, because that's what I really care about.
I was going to upgrade my pc for this game this month, now i think I will just wait for 590 to get released and prices to come further down for other cards.
Not playing this game until its patched that's for sure.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Same here. I'm playing WARHEAD. Darn, the graphics are biutiful. lol

I think I'll soon here "No mod tools support" from Crytek. They're becoming more & more Activision.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hey guys take a chill pill. I am pretty sure that the final version will be much more polished than these. The gamer, advanced and hardcore are for the multiplayer demo only and leaked beta only.

I guess the final version will get enthusiast shaders which will take the graphics a couple of notches.

@vamsi

The screenshots you posted look amazing mate. Which GPU?

gameranand

Living to Play
Well after watching comparison I am also a little dissapointed with Crysis 2. I thought it would create a new milestone in terms of graphics but sadly it doesn't seems to be true still I have hope for final release. I hope Crytek developers see the comparisons and make it better.

Top Bottom