asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Bignews-

Crysis 2 will release with DX 9 only. DX11 will be included later as patch.

Link- Crysis 2 to launch with DX9 only, DX11 to be included in a patch - Maximum Fail :: TweakTown USA Edition

I hope this is a rumor. Crytek had ages to develop this, they could have taken longer. No ways will I play this on Dx9. Good I have not pre-ordered.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Should be a rumour. Crysis 2 is dx11 ready imo. No such comments from the developers as of yet.

gameranand

Living to Play
vickybat said:
No such comments from the developers as of yet.
I also didn't heard about that from developers and if developers don't confirm then it should ship with DX 11 support.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
tweakdown isn't the source.

This is the srouce.

Crysis 2 endast DX9 – DX11 kommer "senare" - Mjukvara - SweClockers.com

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
And... err.. the game will not ship with DX11 support. Only after post-launch update will Crysis 2 have DX11 support. This shows that this is nothing but a console port. You lost my respect Crytek, good work consolizing Crysis. Cancelled my pre-order. BF3 is the way to go.

Moreover this game doesn't has Nomad, another disappointment from the start.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
played around 3 matches...the only issues i 've found that the hit detection isnt that good.
gameplay was all fun though. running at 1920 X 1080 advaced.
heres my username cybo47 :D

mohiuddin

Journeyman
If they give dx11 through patch, then will it be any better than unoptimized dx11 featureas in metro?
They taking years and giving that dx9/xp crap?if that is going to ..., then hell no, no cry, go for bf3 ,go for shotgun instead...

mohiuddin

Journeyman
^nope, it is a lot better than that of 2010 ...
Pc users, gamers will remain and revive i guess as console piracy and pre-release torrent leak is getting more and more abundent ...:)

cyborg47

Technomancer
may be I should say pc gaming has shifted more towards mmo's and casual games rather than calling it dead.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
There is no DX11/10! So, whats the big deal!? Just play the game. We can be disappointed but we should not be pissed off. Come on... We all know inside that there will be something like this if consoles are involved right from the beginning.. Heck.. I'll play this game, even if it is DX8 only.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
There is no DX11/10! So, whats the big deal!? Just play the game. We can be disappointed but we should not be pissed off. Come on... We all know inside that there will be something like this if consoles are involved right from the beginning.. Heck.. I'll play this game, even if it is DX8 only.

I will wait till the Dx10 patch is out.
:)

cyborg47

Technomancer

Exactly!
I dont think majority of us will be able to run the game properly on dx11, then why whine about it?..the game looks phenomenal on dx9 itself.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Don't use a match then, go light fire with stones.
Side by Side comparison: Crysis 2 vs Crysis 1 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Top Bottom