topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
highest stable

suicide run...

*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2601087.png

now where r my cookies?

cool, you reached highest stable and highest clock speed both using very low amount of volt and you used the NH-D14 to keep things cool ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I guess you guys have understood about the Park Control - CPU Parking application Sumon was using. Core Parking is a feature in Windows which maintain different Power states in different CPU cores to make it stable or optimized. Since Windows 7 has poor scheduling for all the Bulldozer and PileDriver Processors, it negatively affects the performance. So switching off the feature increases performance for BD Processors, sometimes by a big margin, in expense of higher power consumption. The software Sumon has used can Turn On/Off Core Parking on the fly without touching the BIOS and without the need of Reboot. Currently I am doing couple of tweaking to improve BD performance by using different Windows and AMD software. Will post a guide once finished.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
highest stable

*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2601087.png

now where r my cookies?

Thats a really nice OC.
What is this cinebench benchmark software, as compared to 3dmark, prime95 ? Is it something like siSoftware Sandra ?
I assume the Park Control (provided by amd ) application is separately installed.
The pop up on the lower right corner is Asus ai suite ? :p

*hands Sumon ze cookies*

I guess you guys have understood about the Park Control - CPU Parking application Sumon was using. Core Parking is a feature in Windows which maintain different Power states in different CPU cores to make it stable or optimized. Since Windows 7 has poor scheduling for all the Bulldozer and PileDriver Processors, it negatively affects the performance. So switching off the feature increases performance for BD Processors, sometimes by a big margin, in expense of higher power consumption. The software Sumon has used can Turn On/Off Core Parking on the fly without touching the BIOS and without the need of Reboot. Currently I am doing couple of tweaking to improve BD performance by using different Windows and AMD software. Will post a guide once finished.

Now I understand.
Looking forward to your guide.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
perk control is not made by AMD.
Also Cinecbench is more realistic than Prime 95 as it does not heats up the processor unnecessarily..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes couple of results after my tweaking:

Power Mode: High Performance; CPU Speed: FX 8150 @ 4.30 GHz (21.5X Multiplier using AMD Overdrive), Turbo Off; Memory: 16 GB RipjawX (4GB X 4) 1873 MHz 10-11-10-37 2T

Core Temp.jpgCPU AES.jpgCPU Hash.jpgCPUPhotoWorks.jpgCPUQueen.jpgCPUZlib.jpgMemoryCopy.jpgMemoryLatency.jpgMemoryRead.jpgMemoryWrite.jpg

Myth

Cyborg Agent
@Cilius: When do you plan to compare the 8150 and the 8350 ? Or does that depend on Sumon returning the 8350 :p

Making a list of benchmarking softwares. :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sumon has returned it to me. I am currently going through the FX-8150 tweaking. Once done, will use the FX-8350. Actually due to my poor health condition, not in very fast Mode. BTW, did u check that in couple of Benchmarks, FX-8150 is head to head with i7-3960X and in fact ahead at CPU Hash Benchmark.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Sumon has returned it to me. I am currently going through the FX-8150 tweaking. Once done, will use the FX-8350. Actually due to my poor health condition, not in very fast Mode. BTW, did u check that in couple of Benchmarks, FX-8150 is head to head with i7-3960X and in fact ahead at CPU Hash Benchmark.

Yes, the 8150 does take a very decent lead in the cpu hash benchmark. Ocing seems to suit the 8150.
I think the 8350 might fare much better here.
In core temp, the max temp was 38C ?!?!

Get well soon. :)

this should give you better idea :
Disable CPU Core Parking Real-Time - No Reboot

Good read. i7s seem to have a better boost in performance than others, especially the 2600k.
Thanks for the link.

sainath

Android Addicted
hey guyz, I have overclocked my old Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 @2.20 Ghz cpu to 2.64ghz on Stock CPU cooler. Is my temperature is ok or not?
*i46.tinypic.com/2cxt5q9.jpg

sainath

Android Addicted
^^^Ohh thanks bro. Do u know what is the safe range of temperature for this CPU? And plz suggest me a good aftermarket cooler at lowest budget as possible (<1000). :)

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
look for deepcool gammax or hyper TX3 Evo

as for temps..somewhere in the 50's for load temp is ideal..

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
The OC edition of 7850 comes at around 920/1250 out of the box..so i would say it overclocked...
although the OpenGL score scales well with overclocks...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^Ohh thanks bro. Do u know what is the safe range of temperature for this CPU? And plz suggest me a good aftermarket cooler at lowest budget as possible (<1000). :)

for a <1000 cooler look for Cm hyper 101 Universal.

Top Bottom