CPU + motherboard + cooler queries

MegaMind

Human Spambot
oK 6K is high for me . 1k extra. Ok fine let me know if corsair 400r is good to go model at 5.7k

I will keep sesonic in mind when i buy the gpu again confused AMD OR NVIDIA.

400R is a good case.. Also look for Nzxt Tempest EVO in the same price range...

6970 CFX is a good choice.. As scaling is better in AMD...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
any reason for Crossfire or SLI. Too many issues.

21k = HD 6970
28k = GTX 580
38k = HD 6990

Had nVidia. Switched to AMD. Both have sh!t drivers.

Multi GPU won't really be "future-proof".

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
But Mega i had silverligh arrow which is protruding 168+mm So i want a full cpu support above 170mm on the safer side. As well from USB. This is little high on my tight budget but good for a long run i felt. Looks nice and neat design. I actually not interested in investing case but due to my setup is pushing me in everything to build a proper setup.

@ICO I dont wanted to jump in CF but later a year or so when game demands more vram or gpu power and need for cf to run much smother. As you could see games are keep on growing in graphics though not hard on gpu ie high end but still fps is not a big deal but smoth play is a must welcome by every type of players. We dont wanted to loose a play because of low profile gpu or other setup. After all it makes us feel happy while playing which should not at any case gets disturbed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup. I got your point there. VRAM won't double if you SLI/Crossfire two 2 GB cards. It shall remain effectively 2 GB only. Not 4 GB.

I agree on your point from the performance point of view. But you see, after a year you'll see a mid range card of 17k performing 50-60% more than the mid range card of this generation. That would be like 70-80% the multi GPU setup between previous gen's 2 mid range cards. And that too without any driver issues rendering your multi GPU setup not worthwhile. That's all I have to say. :)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
So you recommend me to go for CF now or later. I believe any possibility to pair a furture card with current 9 series. Advise me on this. I had an eye asus cu2 6970. But which is better 6950 or 6970. As i could save 5k if i get 6950 oc . Would i get similar performance. I dont want to feel later i could have gone high. As now i felt if i had gone 6850 for that extra 2k would save me investing another 20k gpu. Which is hard you know. its a life time investment on these cards and wanted for us to go with it for years.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Any spec and review for those cards. I believe they are PCI-E 3.0 based card. Any improvement over design and amount of bandwith. can my current pci-e 2.0 can handle the demand of that card.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
is that xfx is good that too good but whats the heat radiation in that card. i heard they had good cooling.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
is that xfx is good that too good but whats the heat radiation in that card. i heard they had good cooling.

Ico has the 2GB version with the same card/cooler, u should ask him..

*www.acecomputers.com.au/images/xfx%206950.jpeg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a minor issue with this card. I have to beef up clocks manually under load by creating an AMD Catalyst profile. So, I won't suggest XFX. It could either be a BIOS issue or driver. Probably BIOS as no one else (other manufacturers) is facing this issue.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi one quick question for E5800@3.2GHZ with 4gb 2x2gb@800mhz with 80gb hdd later 1tb sata with dvd writter will 450 watts is sufficient.

zebronics brand

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
The same setup i had with HD 5770 got fried the 450 watts psu within hours. So letting the setup to go as it is with cm600 later a room for a gpu.

Top Bottom