CPU + motherboard + cooler queries

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
How is this cooler when compared to d14

NZXT HAVIK 140

Havik 140 review

which is better d14 or c14 . I can afford d14 but wondering c14 is a slight improvement for extra 1300 bugs.

By the way whats the best max frequency can i5 be overclocked with stable temp arround

Where can i get this ram quickly.

F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD Gskill 2133mhz

Hi it seems Thermalright silver arrow is competing with Noctua d14 so which would be better. Actually the d14 avialability is none at most stores and priced arround 5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
actually its at 3.9k at bitflang.com.

thanks for the info - the pricing is just great - even cheaper than newegg price of $86 ;-)

Now Havik 140 is priced at $60 - which should be around ~3k here but the cooler is performing neck to neck compared to D14 but as it's almost 1k cheaper buying this one makes more sense.

NZXT Havik 140 Review » Page 4 - Testing & Setup - Overclockers Club

you can OC 2500k upto 4.8-5Ghz with good air coolers ;-)

The only 2133Mhz ram modules I found from G-Skill is CL11 - see if they suffice your needs :

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=15990

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks Top i was tired searching yesterday and gone to 1600 mhz of same brand and saved 2600 . The big thing is i just added 1000 extra and got a Thermalright silver arrrow cooler. Since D14 is also not in stock and costing arround 5k when compared to this at less than 4k .

Thanks for your help guys i will post the pics once installed. I hope i didnt make mistake by choosing 1600 freq ram . Hope 3k doesnt make much difference in realtime.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys as you said i am stuck at fitting the silveright thermal hsf. Not sure as d14 i cant found at good price. But i checked with thermalright customer support and they confirmed it will fit. But not sure what went wrong i cant get thing going. Also help me on this. after fitting this heatsink i found it difficult to fit the cpu 8 pin 4x2. is there any xtender for the same.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is called 8-Pin (EPS12V) Extension Cable ;-)

*www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/large/products/8-PIN-EXT_t_LRG.jpg

you can grab one from here ;-)

*www.theitdepot.com/images/proimages/500-9214-5.jpg

*www.theitdepot.com/details-Lian+Li+ATX+Extension+Adapter+Cable+(PW8-8)_C4P9214.html

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks actually i saw mega system pics and he routed under GPU so i did the same and finally its reaches without issues as of now. But future i might need to upgrade psu and case since this huge upgrade is killing me like anything. I am stuck at midlevel case and psu.

Help me to decide i am going to high end gpu for me and my brother.

I liked AMD and considering asus direct cue 2 card costing 23k in bitfang. I can pay only by card not account transfer. Since its a huge amt. If you find any trusted seller let me know. before that coming to the performance how long this card can be pushed for in future gaming say 2+ years. Also i know my current psu may not be sufficient so which psu is good say i need arround 850 watts. Max budget is 5k but can i try this card with my psu without overclocking.

For my friend he likes 3d more and wanted to move with nvidia gtx 580 and its a good combination as he owns hafx i7 with gene-z 8gb 2133 to overclock a loot. But he is confused which to go Plait 3gb card or msi twin frozer. As matrix takes lot of space he is panic to move to that card. Also he might add another one later a year.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks actually i saw mega system pics and he routed under GPU so i did the same and finally its reaches without issues as of now. But future i might need to upgrade psu and case since this huge upgrade is killing me like anything. I am stuck at midlevel case and psu.

Help me to decide i am going to high end gpu for me and my brother.

I liked AMD and considering asus direct cue 2 card costing 23k in bitfang. I can pay only by card not account transfer. Since its a huge amt. If you find any trusted seller let me know. before that coming to the performance how long this card can be pushed for in future gaming say 2+ years. Also i know my current psu may not be sufficient so which psu is good say i need arround 850 watts. Max budget is 5k but can i try this card with my psu without overclocking.

For my friend he likes 3d more and wanted to move with nvidia gtx 580 and its a good combination as he owns hafx i7 with gene-z 8gb 2133 to overclock a loot. But he is confused which to go Plait 3gb card or msi twin frozer. As matrix takes lot of space he is panic to move to that card. Also he might add another one later a year.

tell your Friend to get N580GTX Lightning ;-)

which DC2 card is this ?? If it's HD6970 DCII then you can grab that without much thinking ;-) though I don't have much exp about online sellers.

You can't get a 850W PSU at 5k - a seasonic 850W PSU will cost you 6.3k but if you want to save money you can take a look at Corsair GS600 @4k ;-)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
will my current cm600 extreme will be suffice for normal gaming without overclocking. Not sure. need to see. Waiting for some time to decide. i am getting it for 23k is this a nice deal.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I know but my current card is running good without any issues may be early next year i will give a shot as dollar value goes down price will also go down. As my new ultra build smothens the play and without sluggishness. I am pretty much happy. As i had overclocked to 4.3ghz its doing good job. I will need to buy a better case when i had a chance which support more than 170 mm cpu cooling solution. Let me know your suggestion under 5k. Its big budget for me.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Sure i can do that. Give me some time. Right now iam in testing phase . I will surely do that. By the way how is your cooler is doing for I7 OC to what freq. As my friend is owning one and the sys cant allow to oc above 2.6 neither me . Both had a decent cooler. Though i had some low profile psu he had a good glacial tech 950 watts. But 5ghz i7 can reach easily. But 3.3ghz to 4.3 ghz is great boost from 38gflops to 62 giga flops.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried searching for a better PSU but i dont feel until i change the gpu. As most of the games i am getting arround 25fps and felt ok only certain phyx hungry games i cant make it or fps is too low like 14fps which is hard to play.

But i am ok with 5k budget get me a good psu which could do 6970 CF.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I tried searching for a better PSU but i dont feel until i change the gpu. As most of the games i am getting arround 25fps and felt ok only certain phyx hungry games i cant make it or fps is too low like 14fps which is hard to play.

But i am ok with 5k budget get me a good psu which could do 6970 CF.

XFX PRO650 Core.

Edit: Sorry, I misread as a 6950 CF, the TX850 V2 or the SS-850AT would do.

Last edited:

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
It means you have to shell out a little bit more for your 6970CF. XFX 650W Core Edition seems not enough.

And for your information, XFX Pro 650W is manufactured by Seasonic

I have edited my post. And I know that bolded part mentioned by you. Thanks.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
oK 6K is high for me . 1k extra. Ok fine let me know if corsair 400r is good to go model at 5.7k

I will keep sesonic in mind when i buy the gpu again confused AMD OR NVIDIA.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
oK 6K is high for me . 1k extra. Ok fine let me know if corsair 400r is good to go model at 5.7k

I will keep sesonic in mind when i buy the gpu again confused AMD OR NVIDIA.

CM Storm Enforcer. And about AMD or NVIDIA, it totally depends what you want, eyefinity or physx. I would suggest go for nvidia atleast you would save yourself from the trouble of drivers.

Top Bottom