cpu fan speed

hell is here

Broken In
hiii i have a problem with my cpu fan speed when i turn on then cpu speed is 990 rpm and after one or two hours it goes up to 1365 rpm maximum and i have noticed 870 rpm minimum. so please tell me what is the problem and suggest me

i have core2duo E7500 2.93ghz

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This is normal. Fan speed is dynamically controlled with temperature and load. is there any major overheating issue?

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
This is normal. Fan speed is dynamically controlled with temperature and load. is there any major overheating issue?

their is no major heating issue but when i see my friends pc then when he starts pc then spu fan is 2200rpm and isaw a minimun of only 1368 rpm he has same configuaration as i have if there is any problem with my cpu fan ane friend advised to change heatsink and fan

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
try changing fan speed mode from BIOS ....
where from did you read the readings (BIOS or a software) ?

i used software.that is AIDA64 Extreme Edition if there is a need to change cpu fan then pleeze help me my motherboard is asus p5-g41tmlx

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - download and run HWinfo in background .. launch some cpu intensive app like a cinebench 11.5 benchmark run and post the HWinfo screenshot here.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
do as @topgear told and report back, BTW what is ur cpu temp in idle ?

my cpu temprature in idle is 40 degree celsius and fan speed is 1265 rpm and yesterday i had an error on boot= "cpu fan error" but my cpu fan is working i got this message and asked to press f1 to resume i had adviced by friend to change cpu fan my motherboard is asus p5g41-tmlx

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
cpu fan error usually shows up when cpu fan is either stopped or spinning at a very low speed.

Your cpu fan is spinning at 1365 ( max speed ! ) but this should be around 2200-2500 - so clean up up the cpu Heat sink fan and see if it runs at higher speed or not and do post the HWinfo screenshot like I asked on post no. 7.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
cpu fan error usually shows up when cpu fan is either stopped or spinning at a very low speed.

Your cpu fan is spinning at 1365 ( max speed ! ) but this should be around 2200-2500 - so clean up up the cpu Heat sink fan and see if it runs at higher speed or not and do post the HWinfo screenshot like I asked on post no. 7.

i had cleaned my cpu fan many times. i am unable to post because when i attach a file, then click on upload button it always fails. so pleeze tell me your gmail or yahoo email id so that i can post images

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's only the software app that is showing the wrong values - just rename the Chasis1 as Cpu Fan and vice versa and this will be fixed ;-)

Top Bottom