Corsair GS600 failed...help needed..

AnaRCHist

Broken In
first of all i am not sure if this is the right section for this post, so Admins please move the post if you have to.

two days ago, when i switched on my cpu, smoke came out of it with a popping sound. Guy from the local computer store told me that my corsair gs600 psu has failed due to voltage fluctuation and i should try to get it replaced. I filed a complaint at the corsair website but they are telling me to ship it to Hong Kong. And i can not find any helpline no. for corsair in india.

what should i do now? and please give a helpline no. for corsair if someone has it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I found these on the Corsair forums-

Inspan Infotech Welcome to Inspan Infotech +91 4432975580
Kobian Kobian Pte Ltd 65 63383368
Tirupati Enterprises Overclockers Zone +91 33 22251192

THis- After sales service in India - The Corsair Support Forums

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Wrong. They are distri.

Kaizen Infoserve Pvt Ltd handles corsair RMA.
Call this number for any inquiry related to corsair products: 1800-425-5464

*www.kaizeninfoserve.com/

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Forum member 'Jripper' can help you. He too RMA'ed his GS600 sometime ago.

I don't think there is any need of help.
All OP have to do is to go to kaizen and submit the PSU. He will get a new PSU withing 1 week (most of the cases) and that too at his doorstep.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I'll keep an eye over this.

BTW, I've seen something exactly happened last year to a another PSU though everything inside of the PSU was fine - no capacitor/blown fuse/burnt mark on pcb etc. - I was just wondering what might be the issue ??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Issue? Who cares when Corsair have superb RMA service. Issue is created by internal problem and they are ready to replace it.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
yeah... very soon..
I remember when i got my vx550 replaced within 3 days..

Might be OT, but just curious what happened to your VX550? I own the same PSU, and having some wierd PC hanging issue( Not sure if this is due to PSU, I have created a new thread for this).

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
thanks everyone...anyways i was wondering if i need to get my CPU,Gpu, mobo checked for damage due to psu failure...

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
ok..so i got my new psu, but when i set it up all went well till the monitor showed no signal. i took my cpu to a local computer store, it turned out that i had forgot to connect a wire to motherboard..so the store guy connected the wire but then my psu wont start..he is saying that this one is also faulty and i should send it again for replacement..!! what should i do?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's highly unlikely that the replacement unit is bad - tell that guy to check your pc ( sans gfx card ) with some different PSU ( even a cheap one will do ) and which wire you are talking about exactly ??

Top Bottom