Corsair GS600 failed...help needed..

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
^^ it's highly unlikely that the replacement unit is bad - tell that guy to check your pc ( sand gfx card ) with some different PSU ( even a cheap one will do ) and which wire you are talking about exactly ??

he did check it with a different psu and it worked..the green light on the motherboard lights up when i switch on my ups, but the computer doesn't start...and see the picture for the wire..
is it possible that something else, not the psu is responsible?

StxBCuqDMFu9n4Yi_500.jpg

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its most likely the board. I've observed in AX series and Newer GS series that if there's some voltage regulation issue on the motherboard (well, I've seen twice and both the times it was the board) they refuse to boot. Older power supplies with older ATX specification work, but then even if you're going around the bios the system shuts down and you need to power off everything, discharge the system by pressing power on couple of times and start again- and it starts only to have the same issue again.

But to be honest, it can also be because of memory as well. You'll have to localise it by doing memtest on the memory.

Again, do note that what I've said above is nothing more than a speculation in your case. It might be the case, then again it might not be. Do you have UPS/surge protector or something like that?

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
what is a memtest..??
the wierd thing is the psu did work for first few times, but as i said the monitor was showing no signal...
and yes..i have a ups..

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do one thing : put the mobo+cpu+one module ram ( try different slot with each ram module if needed )+PSu on an open table - connecvt all necessary wires like VGA/PSU wires - do not connect any wires from the cabinet though - plug the PSU directly on the main power point - start the pc by mobos start pin header or dedicated switch on the mobo.

and what is memtest - well it's a Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool :
*www.memtest.org/

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
Do one thing : put the mobo+cpu+one module ram ( try different slot with each ram module if needed )+PSu on an open table - connecvt all necessary wires like VGA/PSU wires - do not connect any wires from the cabinet though - plug the PSU directly on the main power point - start the pc by mobos start pin header or dedicated switch on the mobo.

and what is memtest - well it's a Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool :
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

i dont think that i am experienced enough to do that..i think i will take my psu to the computer store and tell the guy to check it on his desktop..and i'll post the result..

funskar

Padawan
How many days ago?
And did you get another VX550 or auto upgraded to anything else?

Send it for rma in july.. actually psu stopped working suddenly.

I got tx in replacement for vx..
As vx series was avlbl anymore..

april

Broken In
try the psu out with a different motherboard or PC. if it works, then the fault is in your PC. if not, the psu might be faulty.

Top Bottom