corsair GS 500 price help [Kolkata]

blue555

Right off the assembly line
hi friends
this is my first post though i have been following you guys for years
i want to know the price of corsair gs 500 in chandni in kolkata

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
AFAIK, not available at Kolkata. Why GS500 when you have better choices in the form of
CX 500V2
Seasonic SII 500W
FSP SAGA II 500W etc?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Yes, if and only if OP is willing to spend 4.2K for it, which I doubt it. Otherwise he would have asked about the availability of GS600. Ain't it? :unsure:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you have a nice point there ;-)

BTW, Op can also look for Tagan TG500- U37 around ~3k.

OP
B

blue555

thank you all for replying, if it is 3.4k +tax then seasonic sll520w is good?what do you guys think ?? my config please don't laugh guys

Intel e8400 cpu
xfx 630i 7100 mb
xfx 9400 gpu
500 gb sata
cddvd combo sata
one memory stick
and a annoying smps called frontech who knows but it is written 450w
when i brought my pc i made this mistake i didn't bother about my smps
thou my cpu cost me 8000 bucks but i as a fool ran it on a frontech smps:cry: :cry:

my mb couldn't take this shock and it started giving me blue screen or keeps freezing, whenever i try to watch online videos or try to play flash contents on the web or playing a game watching a hi def movie,replaced ram brought a new gpu nothing worked now i am willing to buy a new intel 775 board but before that i am going to buy a well branded smps for God's sake

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the BSODs you are facing could be due the PSU but could be also caused by overheating / bad ram modules / bad ram slot / hdd bad sector etc - check those and make sure they are OK

for the config you have Corsair CX430v2 would be more than enough - you can even upgrade to a better gpu later with it ;-)

OP
B

blue555

^^ the BSODs you are facing could be due the PSU but could be also caused by overheating / bad ram modules / bad ram slot / hdd bad sector etc - check those and make sure they are OK

for the config you have Corsair CX430v2 would be more than enough - you can even upgrade to a better gpu later with it ;-)

thank you top gear for your time

yes mate you have a point i have checked memory module with memtest86 and 86+ (got error only once but after that i ran it several times more than +- 8 hrs all the time but didn't get any error with the older transcend ram ) but still i replaced the older ram with new kingston ram, hdd is also ok , but mb and psu may be faulty

ya corsair cx430 is worth having but i was looking for a feature upgrade proof smps ,by the way i saw seasonic sii 520w in chandni here in kolkata for 3600 bucks in arihant there was a guy standing beside me who was talking to the owner i saw him holding a seasonic psu and a kuhler liquid cooler i think he was a supplier i asked him the price of seasonic and he was very happy about the fact that i know about the brand seasonic which he told me that manufactures smps for different brands without oem name.

Last edited:

Confused_user

Journeyman
What's the difference between CX500 and GS500? Also, which one is more quiet? Now I don't mean to hijack this thread but since my question is same, I thought the op won't mind.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
go through these links,
corsair GS500

Corsair CX500V2
the main difference is gs500 gives 39A at +12v rail but cx500 gives 34A and gs500 has a blue LED fan and cx500 normal one.i don't know much about its noise but i heard cx500 is bit noisy at load.

@op and Confused_user,
I am using that seasonic S12 II 520w and it is ultra quiet even i can't feel that it is running.i will recommended you this psu over the corsair gs500 and even cx500.

Top Bottom