Corsair CX 430w or FSP SagaII 500W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Is Corsair Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply [CMPSU-430CX] better than FSP Saga II 500W and is it 80% certified?

I am going for the following configration:

Pro - AMD X4 640
MOBO - GIgabyte 880GM - UD3H
HDD- 1 TB Seagate or WD Blue
DVD - LG 22X
Monitor - 2020M Dell

Bijli cabinet with any of the above SMPS as both are coming for the same price Rs.2150/-

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Get CX400 or FSP Saga II 500W... To be future proof get VX450...
CX430 has poor build quality and lower current in +12v rail than CX400, also not 80+ certified.....

Wats ur budget on PC...

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
No I won't be adding a graphic card in next 1 yr but may add it after that and that too a mid level graphic card upto Rs.4000/- Max.

Isn't 500w SagaII power equalint to VX450 (don't take the build quality)

This PC is just for casual gaming for my kids and office work.

Lastly I have also found "SeaSonic SS-400-ES 400W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 2425/-" which is also in my budget of Rs.2500/-(Max)

d3p

PowerHouse
No I won't be adding a graphic card in next 1 yr but may add it after that and that too a mid level graphic card upto Rs.4000/- Max.

After 1 year probably you can have 5770 price drop near by 5k, but your both PSU can't able to run them.

Isn't 500w Saga II power equivalent to VX450 (don't take the build quality)

Build Quality is more important otherwise get a elcheapo, can save you a lot of cash. Both Corsair & FSP has good quality.

This PC is just for casual gaming for my kids and office work.

If you are planning to play games with a bare minimum 8400+ any series of nvidia, you require a 400w+ PSU's. After a year may be these cards won't be available at all.

After 1 year your kids will be 1 year older than current & won't play those flash games or casual games any more.

IMO to be more futureproof you should opt for Gigabyte Superb 550w or ODIN Plus 500W - 3k / 4k

MegaMind

Human Spambot
CX400 is a bit better than saga 500 but costs ~2.5K...
Its your best bet....

@d3p5kor Sapphire 6850 - 9.5K

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Corsair 400W = better build quality.
FSP 500W = more power but short cables. maybe true for Corsair 400W too. if you get a bottom mounted cabby in future, you'll have problem.

pick whichever you like.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I had gone to Nehru Place yesterday. But I couldn't find FSP Saga anywhere.

Then I searched the net for FSP Saga and found that Techshop.in is selling FSP Saga II 500w for Rs.2442/- with shipping charges.

I also found Gigabyte Super 460W at ITWares which is being sold for Rs.2300/- with shipping. Pls tell, which of these is better.

Corsair CX 400 is for Rs.2900/- in Nehru Place which is too costly.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Can anybody tell how much short cables do the FSP Saga have in comparison to Corsair CX400 W.

Prime ABGB is selling CX400 for Rs.2400 and FSB 500w for Rs.2500. I think if the power in FSP Saga is more, then I should go with it, as I hv heard that it can eazily fit in bijli cabinet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom