Corsair CX 430w or FSP SagaII 500W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ 400W PSU capable of providing 450W+. local 400W PSU can offer 300W before blowing up. FSP's Saga II series can too output around 450W by the 400W unit & even beats CX400W in efficiancy but the rest of the line i.e Blue storm & Everest are not so good.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Corsair underrate their PSUs...

VX450 - a relatively inexpensive power supply that even though is sold as being a 450 W unit can deliver up to 570 W at 48º C – in fact Corsair could have easily labeled this power supply as a 500 W unit, but they preferred to stay on the safe side.

Source - VX450 Hardware Secrets

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
CX400 is a trimmed down version of VX450. Corsair could have rated VX450 as a 500w unit easily and CX400 as a 450w unit easily again. Good companies prefer to underrate their PSUs instead of overrating them. ;) This however doesn't mean that you should overload PSUs from good companies.

FSP Saga II 500w will give you for what it is labelled i.e. 500w.

Lastly, efficiency decreases with increase in temperature. A PSU rated at 50 degree C is better than a PSU rated at 25 degree C. (CX400 vs CX430) Not saying that CX430 is not reliable, the thing is CX400 is better.

I guess the OP has purchased his PSU. I'm locking this thread hence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom