Copy Potected CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
There's isn't a cd out there that's impossible to copy. You don't need any special kind of software, actually there's a program out there called "Alcohol 120%" that can copy any protected cd, even the strongest protection to date.

I guess you could look into apply some of these copy protection schemes to your cd..Some of them are "SecurRom", "SafeDisc", and many more. It won't protect everything from invidivually copied onto the harddrive, but it will protect the most important files. But again, there are programs out there that can easily break these protection schemes.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
and it is easily possible to make an IMAGE or a BACKUP COPY of the CD and burn it again on another DVD.

I heard about LG's new Secure Disk technology, but don't know much about it. :(

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
But there is NO CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray DISC THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE to copy.
Tell me if i am wrong and there is a disc that is impossible to copy

V

vaibhavtek

as Harry Potter said that there is NO CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray DISC THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE to copy

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10a.gif
u must post that in QnA section.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/realmad.gif

arvind799

Broken In
Well.... I think he does not want an copy protection that is impossible to break:)...... I think he just wants to know how to copy protect the cd/dvd....

We all know that games and softies and even movies comes with various copy protection. But how do we incorporate these in our DVD's.... Nero certainly doea not support it.... nor does alcohol i think.....How do u protect data and movies(securRom, Safedisc. etc), ...what do we use?

When the HD (blu ray) for transformers came out...it took the hackers a month to crack the key...and it was after that that the movie was ripped and available in net for download.......

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes, i have cleared my point i think that THERE IS NO Disc that is IMPOSSIBLE TO COPY :p

-----------------150th Post-----------------------

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
encypt it using public key encryption (RSA)

*www.truecrypt.org/

Its nearly impossible to break the code :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am using truecrypt for around two years now both on linux & windows.

Try CD Manipulator
*www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/CD-Manipulator.shtml

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its somewhat true that every copy protection can be cracked, but the point is that:
Normal writers cannot burn discs with copy protection features like Securo, Laserlock etc. Companies use special techniques to incorporate these into discs, and moreover those discs are punched ones, nd not a regula burned one.

Even though what Harry Potter said is true, normal drives cannot crack/bypass some protections and its IMPOSSIBLE copy such discs using most of the drives commonly avaiable locally.
I remember some writers[costs insane] from Plextor which boasted that it can burn discs with many copy protection with the provided s/w and it has the feature to regulate the frequency of laser while burning inorder to implement the protections. And the drive was also capable of bypassing most protections as well. It was mainly intended for making copy protected private discs for PS2.

If u want a password protected disc, then ashampoo burning studio can do it.
And the easiest method of copy protection[which only protects against making images of disc] is to carefully make scratch at end of disc. It wont affect most video discs as itll be the credits of movie thats gonna be crappy. Such discs cannot be made image using ny s/w like alcohol, Virtual CD etc if the scratch is gud enuf.

And if u still need more detailed procedure, then just post. ill do it. Im feeling kinda lazy now to type all that stuffs.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think these pirates who puts the games/movies in torrents nd watrez sites has such kinda drives.

nyways we have DEAMON tools for emulating these protections on the image weve downloaded via net. Most games check that if the disc we've inserted have all those emulations [for making sure its original]. But it fails to find that the drive by deamon tools is a virtual one nd its simply emulating the protection on just an image of the file.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes, Daemon tools and even alcohol 120% can emulate most types of protections. frankly nearly all types of protections.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Yes, i have cleared my point i think that THERE IS NO Disc that is IMPOSSIBLE TO COPY :p

-----------------150th Post-----------------------
For you and all those who think no Disk is impossible to copy, try copying Oxford Advanced learner's Dictionary 7 CD and try to make the duplicate CD work.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42226

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46533

These links are for your help.
I am not challenging anyone. I could not do it and will be really happy if you could do it and tell us the way.

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^not just copying because it can be copied easily, please try making the duplicate CD work just like original with all the features like word pronunciation.

V

vaibhavtek

^^
he is asking making abt copy protected cd and u are telling how to copy copy protected CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom