Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never a fan of CM cabbies, particularly for one reason: that ugly BIG logo in front!! Should have moved it somewhere else.

flareside

Right off the assembly line
Wow after seeing the 431, i have to say i like the 430 better. I like the side panel design of the 431, but wish there was a fan on it. As for the front i like the 430 much better.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Exactly.. The side fan of the 430 helps on keeping the graphics. Also the 431 front doesnt look that good .I Wonder why did CM introduce 431, when 430 was there , and selling perfectly, while looking and performing good :neutral:

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, if adding USB3 ports was their only idea then they should have released something like Elite 430 Plus ;-)

akastek

Right off the assembly line
I am using a CM Elite 430. Liked the X-Sata Dock in Elite 431 Plus. Can i get it separately ?? any idea ??

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Navid-Why you're using VIP psu with high-end graphics card.Btw. what the exact model of the gfx card??

vicedens2002

Broken In
Hi Guys..
I will be buying the cooler master 430 elite in late december or early january. Can anyone suggest if there is any other good cabinets over there ?
my budget is 3k..

off topic: how to add signature here in this forum ?

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
There r plenty off cabinets in the market, Ur budget is 3k which is good for future proof
solution . in 3k u will get cm elite 430,431 and if u extend Ur budget u will get cm elite 431 plus which have one usb-3 port in front. but if want to stay in ur budget then nxxt gamma is great vfm cabinet as well as future proof solution .
And Ur next question answer is when u reaching to posts around 20 to 30
posts then u r able to post Ur siggy .
In btwn can u tell me where r u situated currently

vicedens2002

Broken In
There r plenty off cabinets in the market, Ur budget is 3k which is good for future proof
solution . in 3k u will get cm elite 430,431 and if u extend Ur budget u will get cm elite 431 plus which have one usb-3 port in front. but if want to stay in ur budget then nxxt gamma is great vfm cabinet as well as future proof solution .
And Ur next question answer is when u reaching to posts around 20 to 30
posts then u r able to post Ur siggy .
In btwn can u tell me where r u situated currently

Thanks for the reply... My budget is strictly 3k. my specs:
CPU: Intel i5 2500K (will be overclocking with CM 212 Evo)
MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1.6GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 570
Sound: ASUS Xonar D2/PM
PSU: Corsair TX650V2
HDD: 250+160+500 GB
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2260WM
5x CM 2000rpm sickleflow fans
As you can see I don't want to insult the components with cheap cabinets :D Am fixed with 430 as 431 dosent have side fan and there is no real use in USB 3.0. May be in 2 years time we can see full fledged devices. Saw the NZXT gamma, its some what ugly to me. What you say about bijili 2 ?
btw am in Edinburgh,UK. Will be coming to chennai in december end after 2 long years :)

Last edited:

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
As u say that Ur budget is strictly 3k . then bijli 2 is not for u its around 4.2k. so in my
opinion u will take cm elite 430 and they have features to add a side fan . just read this
whole post then u will know the facts .

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vicedens2002 - get CM Elie 430 - - it's around ~2.5k and with the rest of the money get 2x 120mm fans ;-)

to add signature go into your user cp ( top left corner after you log in ) - in the user cp you will find link to Edit Signature ( on the left side ) - made the necessary changes and save the signature ;-)

vicedens2002

Broken In
@ vicedens2002 - get CM Elie 430 - - it's around ~2.5k and with the rest of the money get 2x 120mm fans ;-)

to add signature go into your user cp ( top left corner after you log in ) - in the user cp you will find link to Edit Signature ( on the left side ) - made the necessary changes and save the signature ;-)

Thanks for the reply... So my final is 430 elite. actually I already have 5x 120mm fans. Readily bought for CM elite 430. I made this some time back thinking of buying 430. :p
*i44.tinypic.com/2euquz5.png
The airflow will be done with help of some ducts. I have coloured the fans, because that is the colour of led in the fans... Did any one try this cooling method ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom