Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Thanks for the reply... So my final is 430 elite. actually I already have 5x 120mm fans. Readily bought for CM elite 430. I made this some time back thinking of buying 430. :p
*i44.tinypic.com/2euquz5.png
The airflow will be done with help of some ducts. I have coloured the fans, because that is the colour of led in the fans... Did any one try this cooling method ?

The Top Rear fan should be an exhaust !

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's dust filetrs on Bottom and Top side.

I suggest you to arrange fans in this order :

Intake @ 1xFront, 1xbottom, 1xSide
Exhaust @ 2xTop, 1xRear

So you are getting 3 fans as exhaust and other 3 as intake which will create good airflow inside of the cabby ;-)

vicedens2002

Broken In
There's dust filetrs on Bottom and Top side.

I suggest you to arrange fans in this order :

Intake @ 1xFront, 1xbottom, 1xSide
Exhaust @ 2xTop, 1xRear

So you are getting 3 fans as exhaust and other 3 as intake which will create good airflow inside of the cabby ;-)

I also thought like that 3+3. But What I showed in picture is:
For GPU fan the air comes directly from bottom intake. I will make a duct to let the bottom intake's air only should flow to the GPU fan. The exhaust is at rear for it.
For CPU the cooler will be in push and pull config. The left is push and right is pull. The air from the rear intake will be directly fed to the push fan in CPU cooler again with use of ducts. The pull fan is then directly connected to one of top exhaust fans again here with help of ducts..
The other components will be cooled by front intake and top exhaust...
With this method the air going in to the cpu and gpu will only contain cool air. :)

Navid

Broken In
Dude, change your PSU ASAP. The PSU which you are using is nothing but a time-bomb, waiting for right time to burst your whole setup. ;)

Which PSU do you recommend?? No wonder.. this was the only thing that the guy at lamington Rd recommended to me. BTW, im only in the 9th standard in school. Didnt get time for so much research. gotta study.:))

Also, cud u suggest a nice liquid cooling setup for my CPU n GPU.
during stress test in MSI Kombustor, it went up to 100c. Its a Zotac GTX 470.
it usually wud idle at around 70c until i set the fan speed to 70% in zotac firestorm. Its quite noisy now.
Also my cpu idles around 60c.Its an intel core i7 950 @3.07.
I dont think ill be able to oc anything without burning my pc:wink:
Other components are X58A-UD7 Mobo, 4*2GB Corsair DDR3 1600 mhz ram.
Seagate ST31000528AS HDD.
I also wanted to make a raid setup of 2 SSDs (32GB) sata 3.cud u recommend any ssds? thnx

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I had no other option to go as only front and bottom has dust filter. So except front i am pulling air from inside. Which is almost dissipating heat inside. It should be fine as front 2 fans air is more than sufficient i am not sure i can fee breeze air from the top as its cool so my rig is cool. But not sure if the gpu the same as it reaches 60 easily. Waiting for the 7 series card to upgrade.

blca05

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone!

I own the Elite 430 without the transparent side panel.

Is it possible to buy just the transparent side panel?

How much would the same cost?

Thanks

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^congrats and nicely managed cables. good job!

BTW got cm hyper 212 evo installed -
*img26.imageshack.us/img26/8454/pc270006.jpg

that transparent fan didnt came with it. i attached it from cabby front. still to get more fans! :-D

initial impressions - just awesome
my cpu is athlon II x4 635 @ 2.9ghz. i have it running at 3.5ghz at 1.5v and max temp during OCCT large data set for 1 hour was 38C and for cinebench R11.5 was 36C.
those were my idle temps before. so you can yourselves imagine :-D

more pics -
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-429.html#post1550623

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the cable management is really good - where from you got that curled sata data cable ? get some more fans for better cooling ;-)

@ Jaskanwar Singh - congrats buddy - the temps are really too coool ;-)

IndianRambo

In the zone
^^ thank you topgear. this is normal sata cable, come along with intel motherboard.

Take a rule pencil, rotate the cable ON it tightly and pull the pencil out... you will get the curve..

Dude,congrats(BELATED) for ur success over rasi peripherals and viewsonic.. yesterday i read your thread..

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thank you topgear. this is normal sata cable, come along with intel motherboard.

Take a rule pencil, rotate the cable ON it tightly and pull the pencil out... you will get the curve..

Dude,congrats(DELATED) for ur success over rasi peripherals and viewsonic.. yesterday i read your thread..

^^ thanks mate ;-)

and thanks again for the great innovation - will try it for sure;-)

vicedens2002

Broken In
Bought my CM 430, 2 weeks back. Just got time to upload. I swapped the blue power and HDD leds to Green and Red receptively.
Cooling:
Exhaust: 2x120mm CM red at top, 1x120mm CM blue at rear.
Intake: 1x120mm CM green at side, 1x120mm CM stock at front. at fans run at 2k RPM

*i41.tinypic.com/2zhf5ap.png
*i39.tinypic.com/2iw23qd.png
*i39.tinypic.com/bdp3cp.png

Bought for 3k in chennai (Delta peripherals).

My desktop
*i39.tinypic.com/35astwk.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom