Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just bought a Cooler Master Elite 430 which is a very good VFM cabinet. I bought it @ 2850 exclusive of all taxes though you may find it around 2.7k

Cm Elite 430 :

The Elite 430 Black was designed all-black interior coating with its main purpose in mind as such there's plenty space for large graphics cards, no matter your brand preference. The Elite 430 Black also features plenty of cooling options and a well ventilated front mesh design to keep even the hottest system nice and cool.

Features :

* Interior black coating makes stylish inside looks.
* Front 120mm fan with brilliant Blue LED provides the best airflow to HDDs.
* Rear 120mm fan for high-efficiency ventilation.
* Tool-Free mechanical design for quick assembly and maintenance.
* Side ventilation holes for better cooling performance.
* Large transparent side window included.
* Supports long graphics cards including Radeon HD 5970.

*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/Web-430.jpg

Here' the spec details :

Elite 430 Black - Cooler Master

Cm Elite 431 :

The new Elite 431 builds upon Cooler Master expertise and delivers high-end features in the affordable market space. Cooler Master believes that just because something is affordable, it doesn't have to lack features or be a "budget" product.

The Elite 431 features a classic black Cooler Master design with clean, yet attractive lines. It has been built to last and uses high quality materials, unlike many "budget" products that tend to use cheaper materials that don't last. It's also been designed to keep the components inside the case cool and not only does it have space for plenty of additional cooling fans, but it can also be fitted with large CPU coolers, such as the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Features

Front 120mm Blue LED fan for improved airflow
Tool-Free mechanical design for quick assembly and maintenance
Easy access front I/O panel
Supports long graphics cards including AMD Radeon HD 7970

*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/Elite431Plus_feature.jpg

*www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6736

CM Elite 431 Plus :

Successor to the venerable Elite 430 - our affordable gaming chassis - the new Elite 431 Plus takes the game to the next level. Combining attractive looks,

quality materials and sound engineering, the Elite 431 offers everything gamers need in a value package. The USB 3.0 port and SATA X-Dock ensures quick and easy swapping of data. Transparent side panel, black coated interior and blue LED fan add that touch of 'geekiness' gamers demand. There is enough space on the inside to install the longest of card or the biggest of CPU cooler including Cooler Master's Hyper 212 Plus. The front steel mesh enables it to breathe freely and keep the components running cool,thus you game to your heart's content.

Features

SATA X-Dock for connecting a HDD without opening the case
USB 3.0 for blazing fast data transfer speeds
Full black coating for good looks and rust-free life
Front 120mm Blue LED fan for better airflow and cooling
Tool-Free design for quick assembly and maintenance
Front I/O panel for easy access
Supports long graphics cards including HD Radeon 6990

*www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=6699

*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/Elite431Plus_highlight.jpg

====================================================================================================

Here's some of my CM Elite 430 pics :p ( mobile cam used ) :

*i38.tinypic.com/2vmeik6.jpg

*i36.tinypic.com/108iosn.jpg

*i38.tinypic.com/2nhi49t.jpg

*i33.tinypic.com/2yyrtci.jpg

*i36.tinypic.com/4lfrz9.jpg

*i36.tinypic.com/p4sc4.jpg

List of CM 430 owners

> topgear
> Skud
> Parkerbwee
> Jaskanwar Singh
> mukherjee
> digibrush
> talktoanil
> Ronnie11
> rbp45
> hellknight
> quad_core
> vishalg
> sunny155
> Cool Comps
> Charan
> eagle06
> flareside
> Ayuclack
> joe
> kartikk
> AshutoshM
> blca05
> vicedens2002
> rajesh.s
> counterpunch
> SunE
> goodakash
> heplayer
> axxoindia
> Spoony
> CarlonSamuels
> ashis_lakra

List of CM 431 owners

> amitabhsaha
> kapilove77
> techiemaharaj
> rouble
> warfreak

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
NZXT Gamma hijack :p

Good cable management
Hard drive bays are sideways...lol.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hmmm...nice pics and review...

Well, i can see that Palit GTS 250 card, an Iball mouse, and is that(??) CM 460 Realpowerpro ?? [correct if i'm wrong]

Are the psu cables long enough? Any trouble while setting up?

Is the psu fan facing down?

What CPU cooler are u using? Hw much did u oc ur cpu? Whats ur mobo(It looks a lot like mine)?

What are ur temperature improvements in the new cabby?

Thats an awful lot of questions,forgv me. :)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My elder bro refused to give me his GTS 250 to fit inside of the cabby so using my 9600Gt anyway @ 750 MHz ( stock 650 ).

The CPU e5200 is OCed to 3.33 GHz from 2.5 Ghz. The mobo is same as yours and the cooler is CM Hyper 212.

temp has dropped by 3-5 C for various components.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
here are mine...

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/7366/image0625.th.jpg
*img16.imageshack.us/img16/8915/image0632.th.jpg
*img696.imageshack.us/img696/3508/image0634r.th.jpg
*img44.imageshack.us/img44/6834/image0635.th.jpg
*img237.imageshack.us/img237/8599/image0637.th.jpg

though i will post the assembled ones when i get lian li 4-pin extension
fsp saga II 400w has a short length eps12v connector..

i have one querry-my mobo has 8pin cpu connector..but that will be needed only if i plug in a high end cpu such as x6..otherwise 4-pin will do..correct me if i am wrong

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ good pics.

Can you post your assembled rigs pics inside the cabby - that would be great.

BTw, if time permits I'm thinking of posting more pics and edit them using photoshop to remove noise and grain.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CM Elite 430 has better looks than Gamma.

Gamma has two side fans but if you are using a tall beefy cooler like mine the top side panel fan would be useless.

CM Elite 430 has only one side fan but it's perfect for cooling down the gfx card.

NZXT gamma is not available in Kolkata so the only and best option is CM Elite 430.

Topgear i will surely post them once i receive the extension

Oh! by seeing at your siggy I've understood it - you've that FSP Saga II 400W with short cable like sam.shab.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
NZXT Gamma is good but with carry charge + odd design (i like, most don't) + transparent side panels, CM 430 is worth the buck. i guess, i2 could have went for it rather than M59. but at the end of the day happy with my decision (what else can be done now?). and a nice lesson for me as well as jas about oddest PSU problem ever faced/heard/seen/experienced.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so what about those extension cable - have you found that yet ??

I also had to do a little bit excerpter to plug in that cpu power cable - actually I've installed that cooler first and later when it comes to plug in that cable there was very little space to fit the cable properly - but with patience i somehow managed to do it :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so what about those extension cable - have you found that yet ??

I also had to do a little bit excerpter to plug in that cpu power cable - actually I've installed that cooler first and later when it comes to plug in that cable there was very little space to fit the cable properly - but with patience i somehow managed to do it :p

found them (TE. Phoenix selling LianLi cables). order but payment pending. a little busy.

in your case the cable is long, so not much problem. maybe i was in the unlucky 2010 batch of PC buyers that ended up with mismatch products :sad:

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad to hear that you at last found them - do post the link so whoever else has such situation can get their issue solved with short cable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will post in the latest price thread tomorrow mng. and the price is almost descent. Rs.250 for sleeved cable. quite a bit long. but carry charge & some bank deposit thing will add up another Rs.155. now i feel it would have been a wise decision to go with the Corsair CX400W. but it was a first timer.

BTW, can Corsair value ram run at around 690Mhz? currently its frequency is 670Mhz. i talking about the ram i using in my system. actually in my system, the FSB:DRAM is set to 3:10. so ram runs @ 670Mhz & the FSB @ 200Mhz. so with a 14.5X multiplier, the proccy at 2900Mhz. i wanted to OC (not now) it to 3Ghz. to make it, FSB should run at 207Mhz (which is easy) but ram at 1380Mhz (from the 1333Mhz default). also the whole thing will be done at stock voltage & stock cooler (i'll instead down voltage if possible. currently its at 1.475V, way too high).

also any utility or way to lower the GPU voltage? comp@ddict done it. but as he busy, so not asking him.

Top Bottom