Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vicedens2002 - your whle rig under the 430 looks really great - actually the best set up I've seen inside of a CM Elite 430 in this forum and after seeing that pic I'm confirmed that with Hyper 212 Evo the top 2 exhaust fan can be used - I have CM Hyper 212 and with it's size it's only possible to use only 2x 80mm fans but 120mm fans will enhance the heat dissipation and air circulation inside of the cabby and will keep the componets even more cooler ;-)

Thanks for posting the image and congrats for the little but nice mod job on the Elite 430 ;-)

vicedens2002

Broken In
@ vicedens2002 - your whle rig under the 430 looks really great - actually the best set up I've seen inside of a CM Elite 430 in this forum and after seeing that pic I'm confirmed that with Hyper 212 Evo the top 2 exhaust fan can be used - I have CM Hyper 212 and with it's size it's only possible to use only 2x 80mm fans but 120mm fans will enhance the heat dissipation and air circulation inside of the cabby and will keep the componets even more cooler ;-)

Thanks for posting the image and congrats for the little but nice mod job on the Elite 430 ;-)
Thanks topgear. Can you suggest some good dust filter (cloth or foam type)? The filter it came with still sucks some fine dust into CPU. I overclocked till 4.5 for a half an hour and the pc was running smooth. I plan on doing my own fan controller... :D

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this thread has some nice tutorial on how to make dust filter for this cabby - try those and waiting for your custom made fan controller ;-)

yugo23

Right off the assembly line
Is it possible to mount 3,5" hard drives in top 2 bays, or is 5 drives maximum this case can hold?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's possible with any cabinet but you have to buy a 5.25' to 3.5' converter/casing/enclosure for that - if you are talking about placing HDD on the floppy area then it's possible without any extra components ;-)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ but there won't be enough among them to keep them cool - so you better 3 or 4 HDD in CN\M Elite 430 ;-)

BTW, are you really going to place 7 HDD inside of CM Elite 430 - if so do post a pic ;-)

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
Hey! Guys.
I also purchased 430 elite about 3 months ago. As, only one front fan comes with it preinstalled, I ordered three CM blue led 120mm fans. I installed them as follows:
1. one on the side transparent panel as intake
2. second one at rear as exhaust
3. at the top we can mount two fans but I was able to mount my third fan at one header only which is top front as my stock cooler is so high that I cannot mount at rear top position.

Now, I want to upgrade my stock cooler and I have decided to purchase CM Hyper 212+ and another CM 120mm fan.
I want to ask that whether I will be able to mount all the fans i.e. two top and one rear ones after installing 212+?
If I say that 212+ could be installed in two ways i.e. either horizontal or vertical, could I now be able to mount all the fans?

Also, the another fan I have decided to purchase is a blue led fan since all the fans in my case are blue led ones. If I purchase a red led fan instead of blue led for rear exhaust, will it look more attractive than if I use blue led fan?

The another doubt I have in my mind is that while mounting the top two fans, should there be any clearance between fan and the mounting head, so that the fan works more efficiently? Because, if you mount the fan without having some clearance between fan and mounting head, the fan struggles to rotate itself. Think about it!!

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for the cooler just get CM Hyper 212 Evo @ 2k.

You can use 2x 120mm fan on top side if you use Hyper 212 Evo - just look at the 2nd pic on post no. 339.

Choice of Color entirely depends on user preference - as for me I like all blues ;-)

kartikk

hi guys
i built a new pc a week ago with a cm elite 430 cabinet :-D,its configuration is
intel i5 2310 (stock cooler)
asus p8h67 m lx
corsair 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
asus gtx 560 directcu
seasonic s12 ii bronze 520w
seagate baracuda 500gb

i am going to buy a cm 90cfm 120mm fan & mount it as a exhaust at the back & keep the stock cooler at front for intake
im am not going to OC any components & so i was wondering if

1.will buying one 90cfm 120mm fan be enough?
(i would like to use less fans to keep the pc as silent as possible & also save a little cash :wink:)
2.if i add another 90cfm fan will the noise level go up a lot?

please provide me with suggestions :)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope it won't increase the noise level ;-)

A fan at rear as exhaust is enough if you don't face any over heating issue ( post your cpu and gpu load temps ) - but better would be if you can install a side intake and top exhaust fan as well.

BTW, Welcome to TDF !

kartikk

thank you for your reply & the greetings :-D

i will as soon as my pc is running again :-D
my pc is down due to a defective hard disk :cry: & im expecting a new one on Monday

but during the short time when my pc was running with only the stock case fan i got around 40C on cpu in bios..
what would be a good temperature range?

one more info i forgot to add is that my mobo has only one case fan slot..so if i connect a extra 2000rpm fan to the power supply then wont it run at max speed & cause a lot of noise?

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you connect the CM 2K RPM Led fan with the power supply it will run at full speed but you won't hear lots of noise ( using 5 of them running at full speed ) ;-)

For your cpu using the stock cooler ~35-40 idle and 68c load is good enough.

flareside

@AshutoshM i have my 212+ horizontal and can have both fans on the heatsink and have the two fans on top.

I am curious if there is a difference to have it vertical?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nope .. even I've Hyper 212 place horizontally with one fan and one Top cabby fan - I've not seen any difference in temps when it was placed vertically before ;-)

counterpunch

Hi Add me to the list of 430 Owners!!!

I'm a very proud owner I love this case.

My Setup:

CPU: AMD PHenom II x4 965 BE

MOtherboard: Asus M4A87TD Evo

RAM: G-skill Ripjaws X 4gb 2gbx2 1333mhz PC3-10666

PSU: Corsair CX430 V2

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 (DUH)!!!

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 250gb SATA II HDD 8mB

So thats the build and I was wondering how to setup my fans??

This is my first Time build so please help me out here.

OK so here is all the fans

1x140mm CM essintails 1,00 RPM BLue LED fan (Front Intake)

1x120mm Arctic Cooling PWM AF12 Fan (CM Hyper 212+)

1x120mm CM Blade master Fan (CM Hyper 212+)

1x120mm CM Fan stock with 430 case (Bottom Intake

1x120mm CM Sickleflow BLue LED. (Bach Exhaust

1x120mm Cougar Case Fan CFV12H Vortex 120mm (Top Left Fan Exhaust)

1x120mm Scythe 12mm fan (Top Right Fan)

1x120mm Cougar Case Fan CFV12H Vortex 120mm (Side Fan exhaust)

Is this too many fans do I have it set up in the right way?

Please help me because I need to know if this is good airflow :lol::cool::-D:wink::twisted::-?:mrgreen::shock::oops::-o:p:razz::|

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Add me to the list of 430 Owners!!!

I'm a very proud owner I love this case.

My Setup:

CPU: AMD PHenom II x4 965 BE

MOtherboard: Asus M4A87TD Evo

RAM: G-skill Ripjaws X 4gb 2gbx2 1333mhz PC3-10666

PSU: Corsair CX430 V2

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 (DUH)!!!

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 250gb SATA II HDD 8mB

So thats the build and I was wondering how to setup my fans??

This is my first Time build so please help me out here.

OK so here is all the fans

1x120mm Arctic Cooling PWM AF12 Fan (CM Hyper 212+)
1x120mm CM Blade master Fan (CM Hyper 212+)

1x140mm CM essintails 1,00 RPM BLue LED fan (Front Intake)
1x120mm CM Fan stock with 430 case (Bottom Intake
1x120mm CM Sickleflow BLue LED. (Bach Exhaust
1x120mm Cougar Case Fan CFV12H Vortex 120mm (Top Left Fan Exhaust)
1x120mm Scythe 12mm fan (Top Right Fan)
1x120mm Cougar Case Fan CFV12H Vortex 120mm (Side Fan exhaust)

Is this too many fans do I have it set up in the right way?

Please help me because I need to know if this is good airflow :lol::cool::-D:wink::twisted::-?:mrgreen::shock::oops::-o:p:razz::|

^^ welcome to TDF.

Coming to the topic :

your fan setup is almost OK .. just install the side panel fan as Intake ;-)

counterpunch

HI there so I just the fan to intake and I'm good? And do I have too many fans? I mean all of them aren't necessary. but for this particular case I have great airflow. Right? and wiht two fans on the Hyper 212 PLus this will be an awesome machine!!!! So thanx for your replies I really aprreciate them :) I'm hoping to stay under a constant 40c in my case:) I think I have that acheived and then some!!! hahaha

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, even I'm interested to have a peek at counterpunch's rig ;-)

@ counterpunch - what's the idle and load CPU and and GPu temp you are getting with this airy setup ?

Top Bottom