Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

G-Force

Broken In
Hey topgear,
that is a real sweet build you've got there !! I specifically joined this forum so that I could ask you guys a few questions. Actually i am planning to build a new PC and I am going for the Elite 430. I had a few questions regarding the case.

Can you please tell me a bit more about the case fans. As in, which all fans did you get with the case? Because on the official ASUS site they've written "optional" in front of every fan. So did you have to pay extra for all those blue LED fans or were they included in the MRP?

Also, is a PSU available with this case? If yes, how many watts?

This is going to be my first build ever and i want to get everything right ! I hope you can imagine.

Anyway thanks in advance and cheers !!

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to TDF!

As per your query :

1. The cabinet comes pre installed only with 1 120 mm blue led front intake fan.
any other fan you want to add is not included and you have to buy them separately.

2. The cabinet does not come with any PSU.

BTW, wish you all the best for your first build.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you got 3 fans with your cabby - I think that should make you a little happy.

Normal Transparent version comes with only 1 fan.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
no it came with 2
1 front fan with led
and 1 non led cm fan

i cant say happy, but i am content.............

Unk

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I want to buy that case but I cant see any picture with a good magnament of the cables... in this aspect is a good case?
Between haf x (with the fans included) and elite 430 (4x nidec typhoon 1850rpm) which of these cases are better in cooling/performance/prize?
And if the noctua nh d14 can be placed in the elite 430
Greetings and sry if my english is too bad.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,
I want to buy that case but I cant see any picture with a good magnament of the cables... in this aspect is a good case?
Between haf x (with the fans included) and elite 430 (4x nidec typhoon 1850rpm) which of these cases are better in cooling/performance/prize?
And if the noctua nh d14 can be placed in the elite 430
Greetings and sry if my english is too bad.

HAF X is a different beast - you just can't compare with it with CM Elite 430 and the price of Elite 430 ( ~2.8k ) is way too lower as compared to HAF X which is priced at ~11.5k

If you want to use some high end coolers like NH D14 in 430 you may not be able to use any top fans but then again it was not built for house those big coolers like NH D14.

Cable management depends also on the users experience and no. of components you want to use.

digibrush

digitalpainter
*img193.imageshack.us/img193/3636/430oy.th.jpg

Hi everyone, I just brought Elite 430 black with transparent side panel.
Before I open it I post its Pic.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ digibrush - congrats!

How much you paid for the cabby ?

BTW, waiting for the pics ....... ........

digibrush

digitalpainter
@ mukherjee and @topgear thanks!

The price is 2.65k +
Elite 430 without transparent panel costs 2.45k, but I prefer with t side panel.
I will post pic soon, one question: which is the best way to instal PSU? fan facing down or facing up?

After reading this:
• View topic - The Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Case

I was confused about installing my PSU. But I carefully notice all the posted pic in this thread and decide to instal it fan facing down.

here is some pics:
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/9662/45786883.jpg

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/1699/19407560.jpg

*img31.imageshack.us/img31/4904/19061301.jpg

My cable management is real bad.
those red sata cables are looks very ugly I have to change those with black, but I dont have any.

*img684.imageshack.us/img684/6754/23844086.jpg

*img691.imageshack.us/img691/5366/43759094.jpg

I add top and back 120mm fan for exhaust and one fan side as intake.
but I like to off my side fan and add it as intake in bottom and add another fan to top as intake.

whats your suggestion?

Last edited:

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
are the multi colored fans cooler master?
and whats the price?

your cable mgt. dosent do justice to the trans. panel!!!!!!!!!!

have a look at this "*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1304574-post89.html" by yours truly
very neat for a 430, wont you agree

digibrush

digitalpainter
I already mention about my cable management in previous post. ya its bad..

and mulicoloured fans are not CM, they are Amigo. A little noisy with huge flow..better air flow from CM led fans but costs almost half of CM. In kolkata I only found Multicolour.

Top Bottom