Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

mrcool63

Journeyman
coolermaster is very misleading... how do u expect to place a long card in the pcie slot with hard disks protruding out??? where do the connectors go???

this compared to a gamma... definitely a gamma!!!

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ mukherjee and @topgear thanks!

The price is 2.65k +
Elite 430 without transparent panel costs 2.45k, but I prefer with t side panel.
I will post pic soon, one question: which is the best way to instal PSU? fan facing down or facing up?

I was confused about installing my PSU. But I carefully notice all the posted pic in this thread and decide to instal it fan facing down.

My cable management is real bad.
those red sata cables are looks very ugly I have to change those with black, but I dont have any.

I add top and back 120mm fan for exhaust and one fan side as intake.
but I like to off my side fan and add it as intake in bottom and add another fan to top as intake.

whats your suggestion?

nice pics .... :p

keep two 120mm fan at top as exhaust.

One side and one bottom fan as intake. One front fan as intake and the rear fan as exhaust.

BTW, where from you purchased those bling bling 120mm fans ( did you purchased them with the cabby ? ) What's the price of those ?

digibrush

digitalpainter
I already mention about my cable management in previous post. ya its bad..

and mulicoloured fans are not CM, they are Amigo. A little noisy with huge flow..better air flow from CM led fans but costs almost half of CM. In kolkata I only found Multicolour.

No, I purchased those fans separately last year for my old cabinet.

Now add those with my new:-D

Thanks topgear for your suggestion.:smile:

There is no dust filter in side and specialy bottom. Thats why I dont add any fan there. In my room dust is a great problem.

Can I buy dust filter separately? is it avalable?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
^^Well,actually i wanted the same,but no dealer could tell me abt it.

I think we need to improvise maybe?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
take a look at this post for how to make a dust filter :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...iscussion-thread-post1277051.html#post1277051

digibrush

digitalpainter
Here is my final pic after some cable management.

[URL=*img442.imageshack.us/i/img1060copy.jpg/][IMG]*img442.imageshack.us/img442/3284/img1060copy.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

*img405.imageshack.us/img405/4930/img1062copy.jpg

*img804.imageshack.us/img804/6951/img1069copy.jpg

*img72.imageshack.us/img72/8334/img1078copy.jpg

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ now it's looks more neat and clean ! What CPU and gfx card do you have ? Have you noticed any temp improvements in the new cabby compared to the previous one.

BTW, that Faber Castell Multimark 1523 pen is really great :p

digibrush

digitalpainter
Thanks topgear.

You are very observant man:smile: yes faber castell markers are really nice.

I like to compare my temp in april, not now.

My processor is core i3, Dh55tc mobo, 2x2gb corssair ram, Sapphire 5670 gfx card, 160 and 500 gb segate Hdd and 460w CM real power pro.

Last edited:

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Damn this cabinet looks awesome. I'm planning to ditch my shitty Mercury Vertex cabinet in favour of it. But , I have a question regarding my current heatsink. This is the one I'm using :

Cooler Master GeminII S Review Page 3 - Specifications & Features - Overclockers Club

Please check the dimensions and let me know the best fan arrangement. That cooler is huge and comes with a 120mm fan mounted on it.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it will fit - go ahead and buy the cabby with transparent side and of course and if you can add a led fan onthe top of gemini and show the complete rig pics in here.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
^^ it will fit - go ahead and buy the cabby with transparent side and of course and if you can add a led fan onthe top of gemini and show the complete rig pics in here.

Thanks , I hope The IT Depot here in Chennai has some ready stock available, else it's going to be the online delivery route :( .

sunny155

Broken In
Sorry guys got late in posting my rig which I assembled myself in December first week.
I ordered RAM, Mobo, Fan, Cabinet from Prime ABGB, Mumbai.

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5165/5271307425_80f24603c0_b.jpg
Photo1279 by sunny155m, on Flickr

Ordered Radeon 6850 from Mediahome, Delhi.

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5349109693_a5dca09490_b.jpg
Photo1278 by sunny155m, on Flickr

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've used both and I can say that CM430 has better cable management and interior space.

Bijli can be counted as the best VFM cabinet around ~1.2k - it's damn cheap but has good airflow and design !

MegaMind

Human Spambot
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5165/5271307425_80f24603c0_b.jpg
Photo1279 by sunny155m, on Flickr
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5349109693_a5dca09490_b.jpg
Photo1278 by sunny155m, on Flickr
U should work on ur cables buddy....
Take a look at cheap Bijli...

*i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/mailmemanju/IMG_0006.jpg
*i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/mailmemanju/IMG_0004.jpg

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Just installed a Cooler Master Hyper N620 to my setup with elite 430 cabby :) Posting a pic of this. Hope you like it.