Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

vwad

In the zone
This is the airflow setup I employed on my NZXT Gamma (OT, I know, but it's relevant in the fan config aspect). Red is coded for exhaust and blue for intake fans.

*i.imgur.com/oRuTh.png

Since my house has a massive dust problem due to the illegal dynamite/gelatin based quarrying taking place a few metres away (we experience door rattling, crockery shattering tremors every few hours), I decided to retrofit the cabinet with improvised air filters. I bought the cheapest black cloth for the intake fans; the kind that's apparently used by prostitutes for blouses, since it's nigh transparent. This material is thin yet finely woven, so it does obstruct airflow to some degree, but I have no other choice since the dust over here is highly atomised by the explosives. This obstruction should pose little problems due to the intake role of the fans.

I used a loosely woven netting cloth for the rear exhaust fan, as it has to expel most of the heat built up in the chassis. The top exhaust fan again is filtered by the prostitute blouse material, which although restricts airflow, but is crucial to prevent dust from settling inside the components. The front intake sucks in air mostly from the bottom through the mesh filter. Side intake fan blows air onto the graphics card through the prostitute filter. The top intake fan blows air over the RAM modules and also feeds the Hyper 212+ push pull fans with cold air. The Corsair CX400 is thermally isolated from the chassis with its downward intake through an NZXT supplied filter and passive exhaust from the rear vents placed at a 90 degree angle.

Any inputs on this would be appreciated. I tried a fair bit of arrangements to finally settle on this one. Where it have increased, the idle temperatures haven't changed more than a degree or two at the worst despite the rather aggressive prostitute filters. Try and share your airflow set-up, because this is one aspect where improvement costs nothing but makes a lot of difference.

This is very informative indeed. Thanks. But Can you also post the pics of actual cabinet from inside ? It will be more beneficial. :)

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
This is a really nice cabby with good airflow. ( If right cable mgmt is done). I have tucked the thick cables of my VX550 on the sides of HDD ( mobo side) , and hence dont hamper the airflow . I was using one circle cabinet, and upon suggestion from some of forum members, i got this cabby. I could see the reuslts, my GTX460 was running noticably cooler than before. It used to reach 61 -62 degrees easily when it was in my old cabby( very cramped circle cabby).
Now , max temp of my card that i noticed was 52. I am yet to install CM led fan at rear and on top.( I have installed one small crappy fan from old cabby at the rear, and i doubt if it displaces the air , as i really dont feel any air moving out of the cabby, lol), anyway, i m getting the CM 90cfm case fan in 2-3 days..let me see if it helps to lower the temps even more ..But Is the top fan really needed? Shelling out 500 bucks more is a bit too much now, after having spent so much on grafix card n psu n cabby :))

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
adding a top 120mm exhaust fan will greatly reduce cpu temps and overall temps inside of the cabby.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hi guys,

Installed a 120 mm CM 90CFM Green led fan at rear as exhaust, and one intake fan near my grafix card on side panel... I must say, the overall system runs cool :mrgreen: . .. The CPU and GPU do get heated up ( gpu: max 56 deg ) and (CPU max : 53-55) , but the temps come down really fast than before once I quit from the Game... idle temps are low now... Thinking abt installing one Top exhaust too , like top gear suggested :mrgreen:Thinking to install local one, as CM one is expensive, fr abt 500rs ...

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
hey guys, can you confirm whether this case comes with front blue led fan or a non led 120mm fan

thnx

RaptorX

Broken In
^Didn't you see all the pics posted in this thread?....or look up the specs?

Anyway, it has 1 front blue LED intake fan.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
there multiple blue led fans in some screenshots
and in the specs of cm 430, it says all fans are optional

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vishalg - Read the spec page carefully :

Elite 430 Black - Cooler Master

it's clearly written : ( under cooling system ) :

Front: 120 mm blue LED fan x 1,140 mm fan x 1 (optional)

so this cabby comes with a front Blue 120mm fan per-installed and the 140mm front fan which is not included is optional.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
hey guys

today i got my elite 430 that i ordered through the local dealer
but when i came home and opened the package, the transparent side window was missing!!!!
instead of that there was a black panel with 2 fan slots like there is on the elite 370

also it had a front led fan+side panel 120mm CM fan too

when i asked him about this he says that the trans. window model aint available in india + it will cost you 500 extra
the date of import is sep2010

as no one had the case readily available i had to esp. order it through this dealer

now what should i do??
:(

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
hey guys

today i got my elite 430 that i ordered through the local dealer
but when i came home and opened the package, the transparent side window was missing!!!!
instead of that there was a black panel with 2 fan slots like there is on the elite 370

also it had a front led fan+side panel 120mm CM fan too

when i asked him about this he says that the trans. window model aint available in india + it will cost you 500 extra
the date of import is sep2010

as no one had the case readily available i had to esp. order it through this dealer

now what should i do??
:(

instead of giving them 500 rs extra you can do the side panel transparency all by yourself as i have done that in my CM 310 Elite(430 was not available that time perhaps)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/125902-best-configuration-within-30k.html#post1229648

The Elite 430 Black gaming chassis is available for Rs. 3,500 with an acrylic side window, which will allow gamers to show off their prized gaming components. An ordinary metal side window version is also available, for Rs. 3,300.

this is written in DIGIT: *www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/Cooler-Master-launches-another-affordable-gaming-chassis_5677.html

so at what price you bought?

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
did not know about there was any other version of CM Elite is available

@ vishalg - how much did you pay for the cabby without transparent side panel ?

ask your dealer if can change it ( and if you are interested in extra 500 bucks ) - if you are not much worried about show off then keep this cabby as it has a little bit more cooling with 2x 120mm fans ( provided you won't use after market CPU coolers like Hyper 212+ ) and you have got 2x120mm fan in total ( these kind of 1200RPM 120mm fan costs Rs. 240 bucks ).

BTW, I bought mine with transparent side panel @ 2.9k and now it's 2.6k

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
man i am such a fool!!!

i paid 2700 with tax to that a**hole
all the pics i had seen on the net as well as cm site showed the cabi with trans. window only, so i thought its default
and was happy to shellout 2700

he aint replacing it either with the trans window one

i am content with the normal black panel, but i think i paid him the money for trans panel and got this !!!

BTW i have put the 2nd 120mm at the back as a exhaust instead of on the side panel
is it ok?

Gollum

Collector
did not know about there was any other version of CM Elite is available

@ vishalg - how much did you pay for the cabby without transparent side panel ?

ask your dealer if can change it ( and if you are interested in extra 500 bucks ) - if you are not much worried about show off then keep this cabby as it has a little bit more cooling with 2x 120mm fans ( provided you won't use after market CPU coolers like Hyper 212+ ) and you have got 2x120mm fan in total ( these kind of 1200RPM 120mm fan costs Rs. 240 bucks ).

BTW, I bought mine with transparent side panel @ 2.9k and now it's 2.6k

where do you get 120mm fans for so cheap?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ 1200RPM - 45CFM - Non Led CM 120mm fan is Rs. 240
2000 RPM - 90CFM - LED CM 120mm Fan is Rs. 450-480

man i am such a fool!!!

i paid 2700 with tax to that a**hole
all the pics i had seen on the net as well as cm site showed the cabi with trans. window only, so i thought its default
and was happy to shellout 2700

he aint replacing it either with the trans window one

i am content with the normal black panel, but i think i paid him the money for trans panel and got this !!!

BTW i have put the 2nd 120mm at the back as a exhaust instead of on the side panel
is it ok?

one fan at front as intake and another at the back as exhaust improves cooling as compared to two fan as intake at front and side.

It would be better if can add a high speed 90CFM 200RPM fan at the front as intake and move the front fan at side as intake and leave the the back fan as exhaust..

mazenium73

Right off the assembly line
hello guys i have this cabby , i am a beginner and i want to ask 2 questions plz reply to me for the following :-

1- i have 4 coolermaster 120 mm fans plus the front stock one how can i connect them is it to the mobo or psu . do i need any extra connectors .

2- Is 450 watts psu enough for 5 led fans and ati 4670 1 gb , suggest me one with budget 2000 rs. , keep in mind i dont care about warranty and service , caring About tight budget .

thanks alot guys

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you have got 3 pin to 4 pin molex coveter with fans then you can be able to give them power form PSU.

But if your mobo has plenty of 3 pin fan header then connect the fans 3 pin header into mobos 3 pin header ( like cpu fan ) - the advantage of doing this is you will be able to monitor all fan speeds from bios or using apps like everest or HWmonitor.

Depends on the brand of PSU - for 2.1-2.2k Gigabyte 460W superb is the best deal you can get.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I said before - if those two fans comes with tiny fan header which can be connected with the mobo and your mobo has enough free fan header - connect them with the mobo otherwise connect them with the PSU molex connector.

Top Bottom