Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks niice - turn off the room light and take a pic again - I bet that would look even better ;-)

rbp45

Broken In
In my E-430 one inlet fan (front led fan), tow out-let (1 rear & 1 top, both 120mm).

My quation is- which air flow is more efficient cool and power saving

Maximum outlet(2 or 3 fan) minmum inlet (1fan)
or
Maximum inlet(2 or 3 fan) minimum outlet (only 1fan)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ You have 3 120mm fans in total - for efficient cooling buy and add a another fan on the side panel of the cabinet with your current fan setup.

or if you intend to use only 3 fans then keep :

1 front and 1 side panel fan as intake and another 120mm at the rear as exhaust.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just installed a Cooler Master Hyper N620 to my setup with elite 430 cabby :) Posting a pic of this. Hope you like it.

Thanks. I have just installed the N620 and found my case is not wide enough to hold it. Contemplating buying a 430. Can you tell me if after installing N620, I can also install both the top mounted fans? There's seem very little room for that.

rbp45

Broken In
Problem-
as per 2 top provision can not mount 2 fan on top due to heihgt of Ram heatsink, but possible only by reducing size of fan 80mm

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ which rams do you have ??

even I was not able to mount top 120mm due to my Hyper 212's height but 80mm fans can be attached though you have do a little measurement work for that anyway ;-)

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Thanks. I have just installed the N620 and found my case is not wide enough to hold it. Contemplating buying a 430. Can you tell me if after installing N620, I can also install both the top mounted fans? There's seem very little room for that.

Hi Skud...No, I cannot install any fan at the top now .The N620 is huge in size,with 2 120 mm fans.
Actually, one of the Lugs (plastic screw kind of thing used to hold the transparent sheet in the side panel) was touching the heatsink. I have removed that plastic screw. Now, the cooler doesn't touch the side panel anywhere, and there is actually a few mm gap between side panel and heatsink.
I have also added a CM blue LED fan on the side panel as an intake yesterday, and I must say the air flow of the fan is too good.Spins at 2000Rpm and (claimed) 90CFM airflow.
So now, the fan config is :

1>One 120mm intake Blue LED fan at front( which comes as stock with E430)
2>One Cooler Master 120mm Exhaust Green LED fan at rear
3>One Cooler Master 120mm Intake Blue LED on the side panel near the graphics card
4>Cooler Master Hyper n620 cpu cooler with Two 120mm fans( Front one as intake and rear one as exhaust)

How is this setup, Top Gear ?Btw, i will soon post a pic with the room lights switched off :razz:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Skud...No, I cannot install any fan at the top now .The N620 is huge in size,with 2 120 mm fans.
Actually, one of the Lugs (plastic screw kind of thing used to hold the transparent sheet in the side panel) was touching the heatsink. I have removed that plastic screw. Now, the cooler doesn't touch the side panel anywhere, and there is actually a few mm gap between side panel and heatsink.
I have also added a CM blue LED fan on the side panel as an intake yesterday, and I must say the air flow of the fan is too good.Spins at 2000Rpm and (claimed) 90CFM airflow.

3>One Cooler Master 120mm Intake Blue LED on the side panel near the graphics card
4>Cooler Master Hyper n620 cpu cooler with Two 120mm fans( Front one as intake and rear one as exhaust)

How is this setup, Top Gear ?Btw, i will soon post a pic with the room lights switched off :razz:

Thanks quad-core for the detailed information. I think I will skip this case and look for something else.

BTW those CM LED fans are one of the best. I have a couple and they make a whole lot of difference in temperatures.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Fan placement looks good - waiting for the pics ;-)

BTW, My Fan Setup is as following :

1. one 120mm fan at front as intake ( not the stock fan )
2. one 120mm fan at the bottom as intake ( stock front fan )
3. one 120mm fan at side panel as intake
4. one 120mm at rear as exhaust
5. one 80mm fan on top near cpu region as exhaust
6. one fan on the top of the PSU for extreme cooling.

rbp45

Broken In
There is no Dust filter for bottom & side intake, is any dust filter to purchage seperatly online ? Dust filter given with Case for top 2 vent.

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for pointing that out - edited my post ;-)

@ rbp45 - yep, there no dust filter for bottom or side fan but you can make them - this thread has how to's about how to make dust filter using cloths - do find and read them.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
Fan placement looks good - waiting for the pics ;-)

BTW, My Fan Setup is as following :

1. one 120mm fan at front as intake ( not the stock fan )
2. one 120mm fan at the bottom as intake ( stock front fan )
3. one 120mm fan at side panel as intake
4. one 120mm at rear as exhaust
5. one 80mm fan on top near cpu region as exhaust
6. one fan on the top of the PSU for extreme cooling.

how did you mount a 80mm fan on the top as the holes are for 120mm fan??

i also have a 80mm fan lying around and want to use it as a exhaust
can you post some pics

Last edited:

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
yah 80mm, it was a typo

acc. to me , all the side & top slots on 430 have holes drilled for 120mm fan size

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how did you mount a 80mm fan on the top as the holes are for 120mm fan??

i also have a 80mm fan lying around and want to use it as a exhaust
can you post some pics

align a side of the 80mm fan mounting hole with the cabinets top 120mm mounting hole - now the rest of the 1 mounting hole of 80mm will be on a hole (covered by filter ) of the cabinet - now mark that hole - take a screw driver and make 1 hole ( which is covered by filter ) and you will be able to mount a 80mm fan.

BTW, make those holes from the outside of the cabinet and take out the mobo before doing this just to be safe.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
i was successful in mounting the fan on the top mesh, but the problem is i could only manage two screw as the holes for other two didnt match and due to which when the fan spins it makes noise due to vibration as it isnt tightened by all 4 screws[URL=*img231.imageshack.us/i/sdc107942.jpg/][IMG]*img231.imageshack.us/img231/3550/sdc107942.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

can you post the pics of your cabby

rbp45

Broken In
Cooler Master Elite 430, top clearance ( motherboard to chasis head) NOT SUITABLE to mount 2 fan like NZXT GAMMA Classic, or single fan, top mounting, ANTEC THREEHUNDRED.
Next power and reset switch little hard to push , I dont test others but for me .

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vishalg - you're right - even I was able to use only two screws ( corrected the wrong info on the post ) and they are holding the fan really well - looking for a 80mm LED fan add some more lights ;-)