Cool New Google search

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivrocks

Broken In
Well i cant describe this cool new feature introduced by google:). When you start typing in the search bar the recommended list just come as a drop down menu...
Please see the image to get a clear view...

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/9296/untitledhi1.jpg

PS: Actually i noticed that it works only on Firefox(in my pc). Bcoz when i tried it on google.com, it didnt worked:(..
You try it and reply.....

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
type a partial word in Google Search bar in Firefox or Opera and wait for 10 seconds. Google will come up with the suggestions

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
When I typed in dig this was the suggestion which google gave in Firefox:
*img340.imageshack.us/img340/7230/suggestna5.th.jpg

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Indyan said:
As I said, those are probably terms you have previously searched for using fx search bar.
I have never searched for any of the terms what came up there. Moreover its only one day since I freshly installed Xp.
As an experiment, I typed in a word and waited to see if there was some modem actvity. Surprisingly, the modem lights blinked and up came the suggestions.

Right click on the googlwe bar and see if Suggestions are enebled.
Note: I saw that, this was working only when the connection was not busy. If you download something else, then the suggestions doesn't come

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Indyan... u owe me a rep... it's not something which we searched earlier.. but suggested words by Google. Of course.. Google Suggest is old enuf now... but u didn't realise that the Search Bar utilizes it now :D
Well... there is a plugin which utilizes it, GSuggest. I suppose now it's integrated in FF.

If u r using FF2... & don't get it yet. Mayb u can try the Firefox addon... Customize Google. It has an option to disable/enable Google Suggest.

Or try this
To enable Google Suggest in the location bar, first go into about:config and enter google.suggest into the filter. Change the setting google.suggest.useForLocationBar to true and copy the value from google.suggest.serviceURL.search to google.suggest.serviceURL.location. To copy the value, right click on google.suggest.serviceURL.search, and select Modify.

If u still don't get it, (Well I tried the below on my own.. works for me :D)
Try suggest in the filter field of about:config.
The browser.search.suggest.enabled has to b true. If it's absent, make one new boolean with the same.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Just disconnect ur net conn and type in the search box.. If it shows words its autocomplete.. If it shows words only wen connected it google suggies..

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Indyan said:
Actually, I am not even getting autocomplete. I probably disabled that sometime somewhere, but cant find a way to turn it on.
Anyway, I mostly use Opera.

click on select search engine button, and click manage search engines. Over there you'll see show search suggestions.

rajivrocks said:
Well i cant describe this cool new feature introduced by google:). When you start typing in the search bar the recommended list just come as a drop down menu...
Please see the image to get a clear view...

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/9296/untitledhi1.jpg

PS: Actually i noticed that it works only on Firefox(in my pc). Bcoz when i tried it on google.com, it didnt worked:(..
You try it and reply.....
Dude it is not a new feature...long back this feature is there in Google toolbar for IE and Firefix.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Someone should write a plugin for Firefox that does this:

*img132.imageshack.us/img132/7307/safariinquisitorpm8.th.png

Awesome feature and looks mind-blowing too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom