converting.pdy files directly to .doc files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I would like to do the copy and paste method (into word document) by converting.pdy files directly to .doc files.? Can you inform me what and where are the copletely Free Softwares available from?

And can you inform me about the details of the use of Adobe PDF conversion along with its Freeware Softaware avilabe for the purpose?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Try the pdf995 suite. Its free:

*www.pdf995.com/download.html

and does one of the best jobs of converting a PDF to DOC with all the formatting NEARLY intact.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ahhh....finaly kumarn u are getting the hang of the forum mate....grt goin :wink:

Ok first off u cant just copy paste the .pdf documents to ur Microsoft word :(

here are some utilities that will help ya into converting .pdf files to .doc
www.thebeatlesforever.com/processtext/abcpdf.html
www.verypdf.com/pdf2word/
www.tomdownload.com/business_finance/word_processing/pdf_to_doc_converter.htm
www.download.com/PDF-to-DOC/3000-2079_4-10365781.html

And even more are found by using www.google.com

Just try some of em out....most of em can be shareware's.....wait for Swatkat to answer.....he's kinda a google expert out here i guess :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
For converting .doc to .pdf, adobe reader does that. or use AcroPad, This little utilty converts text and wordpad files to Pdf format. Looks like Windows Notepad and very easy to use.
*www.acropad.com/

For .pdf to .doc, use:
* pdf995:- This small little utility acts as a Printer and you can print documents, files, images to pdf format. So, it converts any format to pdf, provided that the orginal application has Print support.
*www.pdf995.com/
or
* CutePdf
*www.cutepdf.com/

*www.pdf995.com/

All these are freewares! Source : posted by swatkat at disco82 forums (complete freewares list , a list of 118! ).
*disco82.ecwhost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137

allwyndlima said:
Ahhh....finaly kumarn u are getting the hang of the forum mate....grt goin :wink:
Yes, allwyn he dint mention the "sir", "plz sir" ,"editor" sort of things.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
arre guys...direct copy+paste frm PDF to DOC is very much posiible...u can use the select text option in acrobat reader, and then select the text...right click and select copy 2 clipboard...then just paste the text into Word...however, u cannot copy any of the logos etc...using this method...if u want only text, then u cxan use this method....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis said:
arre guys...direct copy+paste frm PDF to DOC is very much posiible

If your PDF document has a lot of tables and you want to import them right in DOC format, you're out of luck. Because even with Word 2003's "Match Destination Formatting" option, all your tables, their cells, images, alignment, everything gets shot to kingdom come if you do a direct copy-paste. Like I said, I've tried lots of software for this, and ONLY pdf995 can convert it to an "acceptable level" (read as one hour of work reformatting everything)

drgrudge said:
For converting .doc to .pdf, adobe reader does that

If you mean the free, limited conversion capabilities of Adobe Online accessed via the Reader program, then yes, I guess it can convert. To take full advantage of the PDF conversion process, you need either Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom