Connect Multiple Hard Drives !!

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
I want to connect multiple hard drives !! Is there any some kind of 'stack' or some such 'thing' for this purpose? I am thinking about connecting 8(eight) hard drives(1 TB each) at the same time(all the hard drives in one case) means I want the hard drives all in the same case/stack . I want to connect them via the USB port or would I need to connect the 'stack' directly to the motherboard? Would this work and is it possible, and how would I do it?
Thank you. :confused:

What type of HDDs are they?? If they are internal then you can attach only to the motherboard unless you have a SATA to USB convertor. Please post you motherboards model and make. I dont think there are 8 headers in a motherboard, hence you will have to connect a few to the motherboard and a few to the usb ports.

Shiva

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

is this for professional usage or home storage?

if professional then better buy a RAID card

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - best for you is to get a NAS box but what you can also use a HDD enclosure or else get a pc case with plenty of HDD bays and make a nas box of your own using cheap cpu+mobo and other components.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
What type of HDDs are they?? If they are internal then you can attach only to the motherboard unless you have a SATA to USB convertor. Please post you motherboards model and make. I dont think there are 8 headers in a motherboard, hence you will have to connect a few to the motherboard and a few to the usb ports.

Shiva
6 Seagate , 2 WD . all are SATA port .
my mother board DualCore Intel Pentium E2180, 2000 MHz, (Intel- D945GCNL)

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

is this for professional usage or home storage?

if professional then better buy a RAID card

used for professional but my cabinet has no space to keep them.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
@ OP - best for you is to get a NAS box but what you can also use a HDD enclosure or else get a pc case with plenty of HDD bays and make a nas box of your own using cheap cpu+mobo and other components.

please give me some tutorial with details ,how to make a NAS box my own ?? !!

Turn an Old Computer Into a Do-Anything Home Server with FreeNAS 8. .

A very good guide. I used it to make a NAS out of an old computer .

If you didn't have an old computer then follow the link below to make a home server with new parts.

How Can I Build a Quiet, Low-Powered Home File Server?

Shiva

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
how to connect four Hard disk(IDE) in parallel and then convert it to USB ? is possible ??

Top Bottom