confused between iphone5 and Samsung S3.. Pls suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Oh no !! Another iPhone vs Android war :banghead:

Use both phones first,then decide whether you liked the closed source iOS platform or the limitless,free Android platform and then your budget.
Both these phones are among the best money can buy.
If screen size is not an issue, I say avoid both and get the beautiful Note 2 :-D

This should have been iOS vs Android.
Android phones are basically the same except cosmetic differences, e.g UI,Build.

I think there needs to be a dedicated thread for Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone. Or rather a smartphone buying guide thread, because there will be more threads like this one to come.

Someone should create a Sticky comparing all the OSes..

And I forgot to mention the WP8 phones coming soon,like the Lumia 920.

For smooth n fluid experience ,customization n tweaking ..get a Nexus 4. Forget S3.

Only 16 Gb storage :(
But forgot that the iPhone has only as much.

sharang_3

Journeyman
lumia 920 if you want the best camera...its better than s3 spec wise and well also better than iPhone 5 but now that'd start a war here..:p...apps are missing but then they'll start pouring in once the OS gets mature..

Krow

Crowman
Sales figures don't matter here. IPhone 5 has a far better feel and ecosystem than galaxy s3, plus it will always get day 1 updates.

I'm a fan of HTC sense ui, so I'll always go for an HTC over Samsung. For example, my friend could import contacts from a Symbian phone easily to her HTC Wildfire S. Samsung phones don't come with stuff that makes these things simple, not sure about S III though.

Samsung targets the second best spot and does well there. HTC sales have dipped due to Samsung's rise. Note that Apple's sales are still above Samsung.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh lord, again nonsense stuffs are going on and getting priority rather than helping someone. I am sure OP is now confused as hell and ran away from here. Damn!

ajaymailed

In the zone
i think it all comes down to personal preference, trying to go too much into details means it will be more difficult to choose either of the phone. op doesn't need fanboys personal opinion/preference because it will always be one-sided.

red dragon

Master troll
Anyone know if we get prepaid nano SIM cards?

Yes,it is available BUT many Airtel nano SIMs at kolkata were defective!
@op,both are good,but the ip5 costs almost 10k more.
If you dont mind the price difference go with the 5,it is blazing fast!(I thought 4s was fast,but this thing absolutely blows it!!)

perplexed

Journeyman
Yes,it is available BUT many Airtel nano SIMs at kolkata were defective!
@op,both are good,but the ip5 costs almost 10k more.
If you dont mind the price difference go with the 5,it is blazing fast!(I thought 4s was fast,but this thing absolutely blows it!!)

with money being a non issue, iPhone trumps S3 hands down.. I also personally dislike Samsung. From the 4k model to their flagship, everything looks the same !!! They are the exact anti-thesis of creativity !!!

pratyush997

Inactive
Being original is much difficult than being a copycat
I'm sorry, the S3 is NOT a great
device. It's clumsy, cheap
plastic, loaded with bloat, and
isnt as smooth as people claim it is. I sat down with it for a
while and was nervous that it
might make me second guess
getting the iPhone 5. Well, im
happy to say it had exactly
the opposite effect. It's got a lot of bells and whistles, most
of them useless in real world
use (although it did have a
few cool things), and that's
about it. IMO iPhone blows it
away. And the build quality ,performance doesn't even.. compare a little
bit. Keep ur S3. And I'll gladly
keep my iPhone

I just read a Poem(Layout) :

pratyush997

Inactive
@op.. see bro.. If you want amazing Customization and if you are kinda Geek... Droid will do it.. Get iP5 if you just don't want to mess up with the OS
EDIT
If you Didn't tried Android JB yet.. try it on your PC.. M doing it now :p

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pick up the Nexus 4 when it launches (if under 30K). Better than S3 and iPhone 5.

Otherwise iPhone 5.

Krow

Crowman
with money being a non issue, iPhone trumps S3 hands down.. I also personally dislike Samsung. From the 4k model to their flagship, everything looks the same !!! They are the exact anti-thesis of creativity !!!

Agreed with this. HTC phones often are so good looking, something Samsung has never managed.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Agreed with this. HTC phones often are so good looking, something Samsung has never managed.
i agree, and yet the ugly, boring looking samsung devices sell like hot cakes while HTC continues to suffer from declining sales. Its one of the things i couldnt figure out, how so many people can get past the ugly plastic cheap feel, touchwiz of those samsung flagship phones, lacks premium feel but not that many are interested in gorgeous polycarbonate unibody design & Sense UI of HTC phones despite having similar overall performance with Samsung devices at similar prices. one can think of marketing as a reason but i never convinced that Samsung was so much better than HTC in those things, since HTC was already very popular in smartphone segment, and its the samsung which was quite the underdog.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
i agree, and yet the ugly, boring looking samsung devices sell like hot cakes while HTC continues to suffer from declining sales. Its one of the things i couldnt figure out, how so many people can get past the ugly plastic cheap feel, touchwiz of those samsung flagship phones, lacks premium feel but not that many are interested in gorgeous polycarbonate unibody design & Sense UI of HTC phones despite having similar overall performance with Samsung devices at similar prices. one can think of marketing as a reason but i never convinced that Samsung was so much better than HTC in those things, since HTC was already very popular in smartphone segment, and its the samsung which was quite the underdog.

htc was never popular,the only htc phone which created some interest was the Nexus1.
Almost all their phones have/had rubbish battery life,laughable audio quality and the pathetic bloatware called(non)Sense.
HD2 was their only dev friendly phone!
Back to topic,
Yes!Note2 looks promising.
Does it have usb DAC functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom