Confused between HD6950 2GB and HD6870 1GB

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^will do.
Get Corsair GS600 instead .bit pricier than CX500 but will be best bet...if you can or else stick to that.
Min req. For 6950 is 500 watts...so getting cx500 will keep at borderline..get gs600 for safer zone.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
guys thanks for suggestion but the max budget for the PSU is around 3-4K not even a penny more than that....and also, i know that 6950 requires atleast 500W, and will it be ok if i run it on borderline, i mean they always list marginally extra on the requirements than what actually is needed. Also, i calculated my PSU wattage on an online website and the result was around 450W with 100% peak load (PSU rating not actual usage). What do u say?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Else spend a bit more and get the Seasonic S12II-620 for 4.4k. Its 80+ Bronze Certified and also comes with 5yrs warranty.
You can also get the S12II-520 for 3.5k.

digitaltab

In the zone
dude, i have to say one thing only, that if you are looking for a 1080p gaming card, specially to play BF3 at ultra, AMD 6870 can handle it like hell.... it delivers superb performance and will give you 40+ frames providing you have got good processor and ram. so if you don't want to spend extra bucks then surely go for it...
also, buy corsair gs600 psu if you have plans to buy psu too..
but make sure that you have got rest of hardware up to date...
i have got a weak processor core2duo e7400 which makes me unable to play it at ultra,

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Else spend a bit more and get the Seasonic S12II-620 for 4.4k. Its 80+ Bronze Certified and also comes with 5yrs warranty.
You can also get the S12II-520 for 3.5k.

This seems a good buy for me, well under the budget and good rating, and 80+ Bronze certification. Seems good to me.

dude, i have to say one thing only, that if you are looking for a 1080p gaming card, specially to play BF3 at ultra, AMD 6870 can handle it like hell.... it delivers superb performance and will give you 40+ frames providing you have got good processor and ram. so if you don't want to spend extra bucks then surely go for it...
also, buy corsair gs600 psu if you have plans to buy psu too..
but make sure that you have got rest of hardware up to date...
i have got a weak processor core2duo e7400 which makes me unable to play it at ultra,

hmmm...i'l be buying the HD6870 only if my budget becomes really tight...but thats only if i couldn't afford the HD6950 :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get a ~4-4.5k PSu ( pick one from the suggested psus ) - after getting the PSu if you have budget issue then opt for Sapphire HD6950 1GB model - price should be ~14-14.5k - performs almost similar as the the 2GB variant.

Top Bottom