config related questions - PSU, Motherboard etc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: best PSU/SMPS for config

what about BioStar TA890FXE Ver. 5.x

go for it if you can find but useless. it got 4 odd placed PCIeX16 slots. & it works in X16, X8, X4, X1 or say X8+X8. so better invest in MSI 890GX. you'll save some money.

there is no restriction buddy. you have opened tow threads for your PC. One for the main build and one for the PSU. So its logical that you use the respective threads.

Anyway coming back to your query, you can do a crossfire with MSI 890GXM G65 @ 7.2K
Which Ati GPUs are you planning to crossfire ?

fully agreed. it'll cause more confusion, not for OP but for the others who suggesting him.

Which mobo ?

try one of the boards released by MSI having Lucid Hydra onboard or you can search for board having Nforce NF100 chip.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

@OP
I have closed all your other threads. Next time just create a single thread for all your config related questions AND wait for replies. Consider this a warning.

And I have renamed this thread too.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In

@OP
I have closed all your other threads. Next time just create a single thread for all your config related questions AND wait for replies. Consider this a warning.

And I have renamed this thread too.

Thanks Kilroy!!!:shock:

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

AMD Phenom X6 1090T @ 10k (but do check once again dude)
2 * 2 GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.2k
MSI NF980-G65 @ 7.7k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 768MB SLI @ 24k (performance close to HD5970)
HDD 500 GB @ 2k
DVD Writer Dual Layer @ 1k
Corsair TX650W @ 6k

Total - 55.4k

MSI NF980-G65 @ 7.7k-- no USB 3, no SATA 6 GB Support. any other motherboard???

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

o ho nobody is trying to listen
SLI needs nforce chipset and not AMD chipsets
:x:x

Hey, i am here bro. but why not asus. what is the problem in ASUS. i am not able to find any mobo better or equal to ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Please help me

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
dude just listen IMO avoid asus
many people in this forum have got asus mobos with some probs.....

you can always add a expansion card with sata3 and usb3 later ....this is not mainstream today

sam
yar now from where lucid hydra has come into picture.....the mobo i suggested (MSI NF980-G65) is sli supporting..gtx460 sli really rocks dude..at 24k you are getting hd5970 performance......

otherwise go for hd5850 crossfire @ 31k

mavihs

Techie By Heart
dude just listen IMO avoid asus
many people in this forum have got asus mobos with some probs.....

you can always add a expansion card with sata3 and usb3 later ....this is not mainstream today

sam
yar now from where lucid hydra has come into picture.....the mobo i suggested (MSI NF980-G65) is sli supporting..gtx460 sli really rocks dude..at 24k you are getting hd5970 performance......

otherwise go for hd5850 crossfire @ 31k
dude why you against Asus? even i've have got CIVF & its really good!!!!

@OP are you going to be OCing? wats your location? & at wat price are you getting the CIVF? wats your total budget? & wats your usage going to be on the system?

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
dude why you against Asus? even i've have got CIVF & its really good!!!!

@OP are you going to be OCing? wats your location? & at wat price are you getting the CIVF? wats your total budget? & wats your usage going to be on the system?

Hi,

i am in indore (India)
I am getting ASUS CIVF in 11446/- Only
and
ATI Radeon HD 5830 1 GB in 12870/- Only

my budget (total) is approx 40000/- (as i need to upgrade my system, i do not required HDD, Optical Media/CD-DVD Writer/Drive, and cabinet and PSU, no monitor and no input device required.i have Zebronics 400W PSU.

40000/- is only for Mobo, Processor, RAM and two GPU (SLI or Crossfire => "let me know which one is best").

let me know which is best, as i am using AMD and Asus from last 8 years. i did not found any problem in ASUS yet.

About Usage => Extreme Gaming, Server testing (SharePoint, OCS, Exchange, Virtualization -multi OS, Linux Servers etc)

Thanks
Bhupesh

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Hi,

i am in indore (India)
I am getting ASUS CIVF in 11446/- Only
CIVF isn't available for that price......that must be CIIIF! The market price for CIVF is 16K & above, where as the for CIIIF is around 12K! This happened with my friend also, they went to inquire for CIVF, & they were told this price & they didn't even have CIVF! CIVF only on order & it takes around 4weeks(depending on when the shipment arrives).

PS: i know the main distributor/the main supplier for Asus thats why i know this info!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

my budget (total) is approx 40000/- (as i need to upgrade my system, i do not required HDD, Optical Media/CD-DVD Writer/Drive, and cabinet and PSU, no monitor and no input device required.i have Zebronics 400W PSU.
you'll have to change your SMPS, first of all its Zebrnonics, 2nd its 400W! if you power up your system with this SMPS, your whole system would be fried coz of low quality, low wattage PSU!!!!:-| plus your going for CF, you'll need a really good power supply!
Also which cabinet you have?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
our forum members were discussing the same @ *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/5193-all-graphics-cards-related-queries-here-385.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ not valid for all. just look for the back & check if the exhaust is big. if most hot air goes out, from where heat issues will come? this type of small exhaust common to both Palit & Zotac. & so both are hot cards. not only from outside but from inside as well.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
OOOPs.

looking for another blog site, no one here to provide good suggestion.

:x they dont have time, they are busy in FIGHT

Top Bottom